Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The title says it all, I'm trying to install a "real" Linux on a separate partition of the G9 Turbo's internal harddisk. I'm currently running a rooted version of the latest official firmware and would like to retain the choice of booting Android or Linux.

I'm not at all hot for the idea of wiping the disk and reinstalling everything, so Plasma Active appears to be out of the question (the project seems dead, too, or at least in some sort of coma). I thought I was in luck when I found out about the Debian Kit (http://sven-ola.dyndns.org/repo/debian-kit-en.html), so I got the Debian Kit app and made place for a linux partition (and even a swap partition). That worked fine, but the mk-debian script fails just at the end where it wants to install the deb command into /system/xbin . I can mount the linux partition by hand and chroot into it, but when I try the deb script to finish off the installation, it fails because it cannot find /bin/bash (which is there, on the linux partition).

So back to the drawingboard. I looked on debian.org, and while they provide an 'armel' version, it's not clear at all which one I should pick, nor how to install it. No luck either on Ubuntu's site, despite a lot of (currently only) whipped air about a tablet version. And sadly I cannot seem to find recent how-tos describing how to obtain a dual-boot Android/Linux tablet.

Any suggestions?