Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys,

Device: G9 101 TURBO 8GB (A101).
Issue: depending on how you hold the tablet, lots of ghost touchs appear on screen and cause undesired touches. Example: if I hold it on the left side and try to use Google Maps, maps get crazy and start moving all over and zooming in/out.

I see some people complaining about it, but it's still difficult to see if it's a hardware or software problem.
Some people say reverting back to firmware 3.2.80 fix the problem, but I tried to downgrade the firmware with official and rooted versions and been unsuccessful (official gives error 221 because you can't officially downgrade and the rooted one flashes Archos logo nonstop).
I managed to install CyanogenMod but the same problem happens (ghost touchs depending how I hold the tablet).
Others apparently sent it to Archos for repair but I haven't seen the results - did them fix the problem?

If you experienced this issue, could you please post your solution?
I'm afraid to send it to Archos and then them send it back to me with no fix...

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just a follow up: I went back to the store and replaced for another one (same model) and this one works perfectly.
If it matters, the first one had serial number beginning with PR13 and the new one has PR08... maybe it helps someone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've noticed the ghost touches as well. I'm not sure whether it's due to a firmware upgrade or the hardware wearing out, but I do know it didn't occur when the device was new. My workaround: hold it with your hand behind the device (not on the edge) or put it on a stand, and make sure the screen is very clean. Enabling "Show touches" under the Developer Options settings may help you determine whether you're actually experiencing ghost touches.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Again, know I am very technical in my abilities, a laptop and PC expert, but I am an android newbie so be patient with me. I am a 63 yr old 2nd gen computer enthusiast (my dad taught mainframe repair for NCR in the 60's) and it is hard to unlearn almost 40 years of thinking in terms of DOS and Windows.

l