Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Letter writing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have an Archos 80 Cobalt. Is there a free app. where I can compose & print a letter. If not a free one, one that is recommended. Be gentle with any explanations, I'm a PC novice!! Thanks in advance, Billy.

Post subject: Re: Letter writing
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:04 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

billy wrote:
I have an Archos 80 Cobalt. Is there a free app. where I can compose & print a letter. If not a free one, one that is recommended. Be gentle with any explanations, I'm a PC novice!! Thanks in advance, Billy.

Please remember that the Archos G9 devices are a "tablet" device and NOT a laptop/notebook computer. As such, there are a few apps that may allow you to print to certain (newer) WiFi connected printers. And, even that capability is often rather limited (even with 'pay for' apps).

Having said that... of course you can send an e-mail to anybody (including yourself, even with an attached document file if small enough) and then print it out from the computer that receives it).

Hope that helps. Be a bit more specific about exactly what you are trying to do and maybe someone here can give you a better answer/solution for you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there

Olive Office is a free office suite that offers decent performance given its freefree. Alternatively, some of the paid for office apps, such as Docs to Go or Office Suite Pro are good. These have wireless printing built in. You could also try Google's own Docs app, but to be effective you really need an internet connection. On the plus side, Google Docs is saved in the Cloud and it saves your work near continuously.

You can use Google's Cloud print app to print to even non supported printers, but you'd need another computer to act as the 'bridge'. Worth looking into I guess.

Finally, a number of the many note taking apps or plain old word processing apps would maybe also do what you're looking for, namely writing your document then mailing it yourself to print on another computer. Using Google Drive, a free cloud storage app, would do the same thing.

Good luck!

Gareth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mls wrote:
billy wrote:

Please remember that the Archos G9 devices are a "tablet" device and NOT a laptop/notebook computer. As such, there are a few apps that may allow you to print to certain (newer) WiFi connected printers. And, even that capability is often rather limited (even with 'pay for' apps).

Having said that... of course you can send an e-mail to anybody (including yourself, even with an attached document file if small enough) and then print it out from the computer that receives it).

Hope that helps. Be a bit more specific about exactly what you are trying to do and maybe someone here can give you a better answer/solution for you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:24 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

billy wrote:
I have an Archos 80 Cobalt.

Sorry I miss that... you are in the wrong forum because the 80 Cobalt is NOT actually G9 device.

However, the other information posted in response to your question very likely is still useful to you.