Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:46 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

My 80 G9 is being replaced by Archos (faulty USB port and non-functioning GPS) - the courier tracking indicated it was delivered to the France depot on Monday but I only got the emailed RMA tracking confirmation yesterday (Thursday, 3 days after it was delivered).

How long should I expect to wait for the replacement to arrive back (am in the UK)?

Bit concerned that I read here reports that Archos has replaced faulty units with units that are, themselves, faulty - so fingers crossed!

By the way, did you know that Archos doesn't repair returned items - they will replace faulty items under warranty and if they aren't under warranty you might be offered a 25% discount on a replacement Archos product, but I think you have to send the faulty product to them at your own cost whether under warranty or not.

Oh and although they don't repair anything, you are asked to send it to their 'Repair Centre'.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Using the Archos fan page on Facebook, I sent mine to a repair center in Illinois. I sent it on Thursday, got an email that they received it and it would be three weeks until they 'got to it' due to a large backlog, then received a new tablet on Monday. Total time, 4 days including the weekend.

I have not ever dealt with France, and the service and turn around for me we nearly unbeleivable.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:50 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Well, here we are 5 weeks after I sent my 80 G9 as instructed and still no promised replacement has materialised. The status page was updated to 'processing' over two weeks ago but that's all the information I have.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:24 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

So it took nearly six weeks and the GPS still doesn't work. Has Archos given up on GPS functionality with the G9?

Should I count my blessings in that I now have a unit that can be charged and seems quite fast compared to the faulty one(s) I had?

The replacement unit wasn't new, incidentally, although in acceptable physical condition.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:28 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

ifb wrote:
So it took nearly six weeks and the GPS still doesn't work. Has Archos given up on GPS functionality with the G9?

Should I count my blessings in that I now have a unit that can be charged and seems quite fast compared to the faulty one(s) I had?

The replacement unit wasn't new, incidentally, although in acceptable physical condition.

Which firmware do you have? My 80 had severe GPS probs so I flashed up to firmware 3.2.80 (it had 3.2.7x something) and the GPS worked perfectly. I then flashed up to 4.0.7 w/ICS and it still works awesome. After 4.0.7 you're screwed so don't go that far.