Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:05 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:35 am
Posts: 85
I have both a G9 80 and 101. When I plug them in with their included chargers I get the message
SLOW CHARGE
Use the dedicated charger for better efficiency
What does that mean? What other charger does Archos want you to use?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:10 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:59 am
Posts: 104
jnmarshall wrote:
What does that mean? What other charger does Archos want you to use?


The charger that came with the tablet.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:02 am
Posts: 1795
Location: Honolulu
I assume you are using a charger instead of just the low power USB line. The problem is something else, and I can't remember because on the rare times it came up it only took some simple trial and error step to correct. It might be found in the archives here, but something like unplug and replug, or reboot, or something.

It depends on the level of firmware too. I think several of the more recent ones would pop that message up the first time you charge after updating the firmware. I suppose it could also be a hardware problem like the power plug, etc.

_________________
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:50 am 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:35 am
Posts: 85
rlauzon wrote:
jnmarshall wrote:
What does that mean? What other charger does Archos want you to use?


The charger that came with the tablet.

These are the chargers that came with the tablet.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:54 am 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:35 am
Posts: 85
viking wrote:
I assume you are using a charger instead of just the low power USB line. The problem is something else, and I can't remember because on the rare times it came up it only took some simple trial and error step to correct. It might be found in the archives here, but something like unplug and replug, or reboot, or something.

It depends on the level of firmware too. I think several of the more recent ones would pop that message up the first time you charge after updating the firmware. I suppose it could also be a hardware problem like the power plug, etc.

Find it hard to believe 4 of these things have the same issue. It is the latest firmware. It had been over a year since I last updated these tablets so I updated them this weekend and now charging gives this message. The tablets charge ok otherwise. When I have the time ill try a factory reset. Searching around that seems to solve 99% of issues with these things.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:02 am
Posts: 1795
Location: Honolulu
I have the latest firmware and it only did that the first time after update and also maybe one random time out of a hundred and easy to clear up. It did not require a factory reset. I never expect android error msgs to be accurate anyway... The problem is usually something else or nonexistent.

_________________
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:33 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:35 am
Posts: 85
I did the low level android reset, or hard reset, on my 101. It now charges perfect. My other tabs still exhibit the problem so I'll have to get around to reseting them.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited