Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello. I got my device which is archos 80 g9 1.0ghz model last spring in US by amazon.

And I'm now in South Korea that is my home country.

But i got a problem with my archos that it's touch screen is freezing so i can't tab anything but anything else is working well (i could see the clock is going, wifi is connected or USB is connected.)

Because i did know the way to stop the freezing by doing force touchscreen calibration, i did it everymoment when my touchscreen has problem.

And now, Force Touchscreen Calibration also is not working anymore. When i select the calib, it should take some seconds but it's just done by less a second. (It means Calibration was not worked well.)

I did Android Reset, Media Storage Reset and finally Full device Fromat in Archos A80S Recovery mode. They didn't help anything...

Anybody has same problem with me? and What can i do with this?
Because i'm in South Korea now, i can't take it to the After Service center or something.

Thank you for reading my terrible english writing and
Please help me.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:45 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Hi, it sounds to me like you do have a hardware problem. Loose connector or a crack in the screen that will develop soon, if it has not happened already. I had a similar experience with the 80 Turbo 250Gb...RMA might be the only option, sorry.

T.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:18 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hii TweetyRJ85,

I had a facing same problem in my device .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:32 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I had the same problem with my first Archos 101 G9. You need to send it for repair.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same problem.

2 days ago I noticed that the volume keys had reversed: "Up" was now "Down" volume. "Down" was now "Up" volume.

Yesterday the screen did not respond, so I entered the white system settings screen and selected "Force Touchscreen Calibration" and then it worked. But the volume keys were still reversed until after the "Force Touchscreen Calibration".

Today I had the same problem. But now "Force Touchscreen Calibration" does not take any time and does not fix the problem.

I saw that the latest firmware update might be designed to fix this problem. But even though I uploaded it to my Archos via the white system settings screen I do not think it can fully upload and install because I cannot enter my password when the device turns on.

The volume keys are still reversed -I know this because I have to press "-" not "+" to enter the white system settings screen. Does that explain the problem at all?

I bought my Archos G9 80 250GB when in England on Amazon. I now live in Saudi Arabia, so there isn't even a safe way to post something. Maybe I will have to wait until the summer when I am in the UK to post the device and get it fixed? That means I can't use it for 2 months! Grrrrrrr!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This is so strange! I thought if the volume buttons were reversed then maybe the whole device had got 'back to front'.

1st I tried the "Force Touchscreen Calibration" upside down. It didn't work.
2nd I tried the "Force Touchscreen Calibration" when the device was not flat (face up or face down). It was 90 degrees to the ground. It worked!!!

So I entered the main settings of the device when it booted up and recalibrated and did the acelerometer again.
Then I updated the firmware again.
Now it has rebooted with the new firmware and it seems to work ok.
Volume buttons are now working as normal again!

So maybe when "Force Touchscreen Calibration" stops working you have to try it not flat?

Crazy!!!

I am worried that if I turn it off it will not come on working properly again. Is it safe to keep it on standby mode forever?

I don't connect it to the internet here in Saudi -so it could not have been a recent virus that caused these problems.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Oh, it worked until today. Now it doesn't work again. Still having the same problem with the "force touchscreen recalibration" and it does not work at any angle!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:53 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Finally sold mine for a Nexus.
Was sick and tired of sending the Archos 80 for repair.
Archos was renown for poor quality with its previous versions and it still remains like this.
I am done waisting my money on cheap products.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:44 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I had similar freezing issues couple of weekends ago. Ended up forced shutdown around 40 times after the touch screen would randomly freeze up after anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes of operation. Was very frustrating.

Strangely, this coincided with me using a new leather case (I got two cases the same for whatever reason early on and I swapped from the used one which was getting a bit worn to the brand new one). I can only surmise that the new case was a bit tight in spots and putting pressure somewhere it shouldn't have been.....

Swapped back to the old case, ran the calibration and not had an issue since......