Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, has anyone tried downloading pics (jpg) from Canon camera directly into a G9? Canon uses mini-B USB plug. I found a mini-B to USB-Type-A adapter and connect the Archos USB-Type A to micro-A adapter, but I see no response on the 80 G9. Must I download a special app such that the G9 can read pics from Canon camera?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:41 am 
Archos User
Archos User

vonhtn wrote:
Hi, has anyone tried downloading pics (jpg) from Canon camera directly into a G9? Canon uses mini-B USB plug. I found a mini-B to USB-Type-A adapter and connect the Archos USB-Type A to micro-A adapter, but I see no response on the 80 G9. Must I download a special app such that the G9 can read pics from Canon camera?

are you trying the charger port or the usb port (where the 3g dongle goes)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thankd for asking. I was trying the charger port, i.e. the mini USB port. Archos manual mentions that Archos on-line store is providing an optional USD A-B cable for such purpose (that is downloading from camera) but the on-line store website says that this cable is out of stock. I am wondering is there any other way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have had no problems in importing images to my g9 from my canon, using a standard mini- to full-size cable plugged either in to the 3G socket, or plugged into an OTG cable that was plugged into the micro-USB socket. I think most OTG cables with a micro-usb plug will work; try, say, Amazon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:29 am 
Archos User
Archos User

i have a Kodak camera i just connect it to the full size usb then wait 10 seconds until the gallery opens automatically
with a massage "touch to import" then i access my camera images and import my images.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a G9 80 and use it with my Canon 450D without problem.

I bought an adapter here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005 ... hs_product

I think you need to make sure it is a "USB on-the-Go" adapter, as it is wired up differently to a normal microUSB-USB adapter. I think you can also use it without an adapter in the 3G Stick USB socket, as long as you turn it on in the settings.

I have downloaded pictures, and also used the DSLR Controller App for some fun too (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... controller).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Nigel wrote:
using a standard mini- to full-size cable plugged either in to the 3G socket,

I just had a look at the 3G USB port, but it looks a bit 'narrow' to use a normal USB plug on ... the opening is so close to the reflecting metal plate, there is hardly any room for the plastic part of the plug.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:53 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Goner wrote:
Nigel wrote:
using a standard mini- to full-size cable plugged either in to the 3G socket,

I just had a look at the 3G USB port, but it looks a bit 'narrow' to use a normal USB plug on ... the opening is so close to the reflecting metal plate, there is hardly any room for the plastic part of the plug.

most USB cables will fit in there OK, but many flash drives are too bulky - keep a short (and good-quality) USB2 extension cable to hand.

BTW, do not be surprised when the 3G USB socket moves slightly: it is meant to do so, so that their 3G stick can get better reception. Some people prefer to us a small dap of glue to stop that movement, as their are reports on this forum of repeated sliding leading to damaged cables.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Didn't realize I could connect a camera directly to the tablet for downloading... thanks for the info here! Just did a Gallery app download using the rear usb connector.

Is there a way to download the photos directly to the SD card, instead of moving the files after the download?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It is conceivable to download photograph through camera .I suppose camera are associated with some tab or portable computer directly.if any camera in business sector to perform this capacity let me know.I need to buy that camera.

Want to learn photography Online photography courses is best way to learn.