Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 611 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

benilady wrote:
After updating to 4.06 firmware on my archos 80 g9, I cannot hear my friends on Skype, very disappointed. Worked fine before, any news on a solution.

Benilady,

I have EXACTLY the same problem as you!
If somebody from Archos read this forum, please give us the solution of this bug, a new update for instance!

JTHS

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How do I chech if my devce has the motor for vibration?

Skype seems to work fine but what type of headphone connector comes with the Archos 80 G9 16Gb turbo? The one allowing for headphones and mic or just headphones? I tried to connect the one I use with my phone (which has a mic) and the sound was very bad, almost metallic.

The gps signal still very weak. It is possible to find satellites but one must be in the open with no buildings in the nearest 100 meters. My mobile (HTC desire) connects to way more satellites much quicker too. Today I was having a coffee in Starbucks and did a test on both (tablet and mobile) running GPS status at the same time and in the same spot. My mobile fixed to 8 satellites in 15 seconds, however, my tablet didn't find any even waiting over 10 minutes! WHY?

I don't get it.

Thanks for your help guys.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What app did u (Archos novice) use to check details of your hardware? I just checked with Z-DeviceTest and vibration motor is present. Still I can't activate it.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No Skype after update. But now works on b/g/n encryption (only b/g before). Nothing else noticed so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

coisativo wrote:
What app did u (Archos novice) use to check details of your hardware? I just checked with Z-DeviceTest and vibration motor is present. Still I can't activate it.

I guess you refer to me. (Note that "Archos novice" is just the "title", depending on your number of postings, not the user name. ;) )
I had also used "Z-DeviceTest" before and I am very certain that it had shown "no vibration" for the second unit I bought. So out of curiosity I just installed this App on the third (turbo) unit I own: For this one the app in fact shows vibration to be available again! (But on the other hand, the app claims that the Archos 80 G9 would not have any camera installed, neither primary nor secondary, and that is obviously wrong, so I do not know how reliable that check really is.)

I did some research and found the following blog entry: http://www.openaos.org/archives/804
If this is true, Archos has de-activated the haptic feedback by default for all hardware revisions, because some of them do not support this feature. - Note that the blog entry linked above refers to Android 3.2 (might be different for ICS), and that you need root access to modify the "local.prop" file.

One more thing I observed for firmware rev. 4.0.6 (and I think somebody else already mentioned this before): If I connect the A80 G9 to my Windows PC via USB and browse the SD-Card, all folders are shown twice under the same name (2x "Music", 2x "Video", 2x "Documents). One of each folders show the files correctly, the other version does not show the file extension (.MP3, .AVI, .XLS, etc.).

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After install, no reformat, the reboot when many apps running has disappeared, all other still works fine => =D>
Exception: Gps issue still present. Gps lost after standby or soft stop/start. See gps post.
=> please fix

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:19 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

After updating to 4.0.6 Final

When outdoors
-not able to get a fix on at best 3 satellites

While on 4.0.6 Test 2
-would get fix on about 3/8 satellites

When indoors my Nexus One gets a fix on at least 1 satellite.

Last edited by zandoli on Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After updating to 4.0.6, my astro file manager crashes quite often, anybody have the same problem?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:34 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Hi,

On waking my G9 101 turbo this morning from its overnight deep sleep mode, I unlocked the device via the splash screen, and then the device went into crazy runaway, apps rapidly opening and closing with no touch input. I had to power off and reboot, whereupon it was ok again.

The last thing I did the previous evening was to short press the power button to put it to sleep after reading a novel with the Cool Reader app.

There seem to be many many flaky things in ics 4.3.

regards

P

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Tablet has frozen just after 'sleep', before slide unlock.
It has frozen while browsing Play Store.
It has also frozen while using browser with plug-ins on. (This one may be because of the Flash plug-in, and I am currently testing browser with plug-ins off)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:28 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

ahmadmln wrote:
After updating to 4.0.6, my astro file manager crashes quite often, anybody have the same problem?

There was a recent update to Astro File Manager and mine has been crashing regularly since the update. I am still on 3.2.80 (and I'm staying on it until the GPS and other issues are resolved on the 4.x series), so your issue with Astro may not be related to 4.0.6, but with Astro itself.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well, just for grins I rolled back again to HC. Reformat and re-install. Neither Skype nor GPS worked for me in 4.0.5/6. They both work in HC.

So, for me, it ain't hardware.

Regards
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all,

New to the site but thought I would add to the discussions as I have just updated to ICS 4.0.6.

Hardware:
Archos 101 G9 8gb.

Fixes
  • Device can shutdown without hard reset with SD card present.
  • Much better responses from the screen.
  • Apps and menus load a lot faster and smother.

Issues
  • Random screen locks resulting in hard reset, can happen on anything dash or in app and using all standard applications apart from the odd small game.
  • Always saying waiting for location but not sure how to check satellites etc.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

CrashAD wrote:
Always saying waiting for location but not sure how to check satellites etc.

Try the (free) GPS Test app. It shows what satellites it can see, and the strength of the signal from each.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

GPS Status 4.0.6 Test 2

Outdoors

GPS Status 4.0.6 Final
Reformatting seems to have helped.

Outdoors

Tablet was even able to get a lock on about 4 satellites while indoors albeit not for too long (2secs maybe).

Indoors

...and not really for this thread
GPS Status 4.0.6 Final 'Rooted'

Outdoors

Last edited by zandoli on Tue May 08, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

After updating to 4.0.6 the archos 80g9 I have problems with skype. The other person can hear you but you cant hear the other person during a video chat. I had to go back to 4.0.5 to be able to use SKYPE

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:34 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

sumph wrote:
No GPS!

And Why can't we move apps to SD card? That is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you want to move apps to SD?

Ian

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Using the same tool as the pics above I can get 2 sats if I hold it up in the air, doesn't matter how long I wait and never get a fix :(

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Tom_Brown wrote:
Hi,

After updating to 4.0.6 the archos 80g9 I have problems with skype. The other person can hear you but you cant hear the other person during a video chat. I had to go back to 4.0.5 to be able to use SKYPE

Hi Tom,

I have exactly the same problem as yours with skype!
Could you tell me how to install back ics 4.0.5? Because this update is just SUCKS!!
If you release an update then I suppose you TEST this release with all common apps like Skype....this isn't happened....very2 disappointed on Archos!!

JTHS

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello I'm new to this forum, I've found you due to my same skype sound problem (cannot here inbound sound on skype calls) it must be since update since it worked before. If it's not going to get sorted then I too would like to go back to 4.0.5 - how do I do thar pease? (& how thereafter do I stop automatic updates?)

Thank you, Helen

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 611 Next