Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Archos CEO Henri Crohas today announced that Archos plans to expand their product series with Gen11 to include levitating quad-copter robots with artificial intelligence. You can buy 4 of them in a $299 package, 2 of them can follow you around all day, filming you and the people that you interact with, streaming that video live to a Google+ Hangout with automatic multi-camera video-editing based on who is talking, automatically navigating around any obstacles that are in your environment, while the 2 other autonomous quad-copters re-charge on a specially designed backpack that you wear. He says Archos is the only company in Europe with the R&D skills to be able to make this vision happen, and that he believes Archos is forced to diversify even as their Tablet business is growing fast, Archos has the opportunity to invent new product categories. Archos G11 is going to be based on the 2Ghz dual-core OMAP5430 ARM Cortex-A15 processor, the quad-copting automates supplement the core of Gen11 which is going to be 5", 7", 8", 9.7", 10.1" and 13.3" Tablets that convert into Laptops with the thin $49 Keyboard dock (that doubles as a screen protector) multi-booting Android Jelly Bean, Chrome OS and Windows 8 as a $30 plug-in. Archos G11 also includes a $299 child-sized robot skew that can do your laundry, cook your food, wash your dishes, vacuum clean, clean your house and entertain your children. Archos G11 is also a $199 Android wrist watch with an advanced 2" sunlight readable display. And it's also a $149 unlocked 4.3" qHD smartphone.

Archos G10 Extra Slim series includes 5", 7", 8", 9.7", 10.1" ultra-slim 7.8mm tablets based on the 1.8Ghz dual-core OMAP4470 ARM Cortex-A9 and are going to be released in June.

I'll bring you more updates on this news as they get posted in Paris.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:58 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

!! it is horrible !! why should I choose to be followed by a copter that film me everywhere ? :?:

I hope only ARCHOS will release good,cheap and fast tablets with a lot of features for media players !
I saw on your list that there is a 5" in the archos plans !

do you think it could be the A5it Gen 7 successor ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:08 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
Archos G11 also includes a $299 child-sized robot skew that can .........

As usual, Archos gets the size wrong. "Child-sized"? Pah, Why oh why did they not produce an adult-sized model? How will it reach the kitchen sink, oven, etc? How much beta testing did they do on this? The usual penny pinching from Archos.

How will it stack up against the soon to be released iLad Drudge? Can't wait to see.

Thanks for the heads up Charby.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

It is cool to see that in 2009 and in 2010, it were firmware wishes(for example, honeycomb for Gen8) and with Gen9 we already have the latest OS and nearly all our wishes are implemented. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When are you gonna say "april fools day"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

viper wrote:

Today is not April 1st.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Charbax wrote:
viper wrote:

Today is not April 1st.

To be honest...I kept my mouth shut, because I also thought ... "Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012".
Especially because of the text 'all day long' (good luck with the battery...)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am one of the archos fanboy for a long time. There was a lots of tablets released after archos gen 7. In MO after Gen8 the archos decided to go different market line . i meant cheaper pricing line compared to quality. i had archos 604 which dropped many times still workes 100% perfect comapred to my archos 5 (gen 7 ). I had bad experience on archos G8 101 and decided to get away from archos. I am still thinking archos is much better than other tablets in the market. Only my request is :
Much better screen display preferebly IPS and HD and much better battery life (10 hours minimum).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Charbax wrote:
A while ago, I read here that there were some new plans regarding some Archos products. Archos CEO Henri Crohas today announced that Archos plans to expand their product series with Gen11 to include levitating quad-copter robots with artificial intelligence. You can buy 4 of them in a $299 package, 2 of them can follow you around all day, filming you and the people that you interact with, streaming that video live to a Google+ Hangout with automatic multi-camera video-editing based on who is talking, automatically navigating around any obstacles that are in your environment, while the 2 other autonomous quad-copters re-charge on a specially designed backpack that you wear. He says Archos is the only company in Europe with the R&D skills to be able to make this vision happen, and that he believes Archos is forced to diversify even as their Tablet business is growing fast, Archos has the opportunity to invent new product categories. Archos G11 is going to be based on the 2Ghz dual-core OMAP5430 ARM Cortex-A15 processor, the quad-copting automates supplement the core of Gen11 which is going to be 5", 7", 8", 9.7", 10.1" and 13.3" Tablets that convert into Laptops with the thin $49 Keyboard dock (that doubles as a screen protector) multi-booting Android Jelly Bean, Chrome OS and Windows 8 as a $30 plug-in. Archos G11 also includes a $299 child-sized robot skew that can do your laundry, cook your food, wash your dishes, vacuum clean, clean your house and entertain your children. Archos G11 is also a $199 Android wrist watch with an advanced 2" sunlight readable display. And it's also a $149 unlocked 4.3" qHD smartphone.

Archos G10 Extra Slim series includes 5", 7", 8", 9.7", 10.1" ultra-slim 7.8mm tablets based on the 1.8Ghz dual-core OMAP4470 ARM Cortex-A9 and are going to be released in June.

I'll bring you more updates on this news as they get posted in Paris.

Hi
It is true that Archos didnt like the name and decided to name the product something else before it came out?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I don't know what I would do with the robots. If they start cleaning my room I would be in trouble because I like the chaotic state it's currently in.

No, my problem is that my Gen8 Archos 101IT still works fine, and I can't seem to find an excuse to replace it. The 101XS looks very nice, but I don't really need a keyboard. I use it for browsing and the occasional game so even the specs aren't an issue.