Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

to mn555 & sper56

:doubt:
Yes, now I know - after deep testing, this solution is not permanent, but only temporary and partial.
This solution is working only until you restart Archos. Then Archos adapts and refuses WiFi connect again. Then you must make any change in router settings, for example change WPA2(AES) to WPA2(mixed) and vice versa, and delete old one and set new wifi connection point in Archos.
This is terrible situation (like my english).
I have sent messages to Archos support several times, but whithout any response. They are sleeping on their laurels or what. :evil:

For all:

PLEASE, contact Archos support: http://www.archos.com/support/support_t ... pport.html
and send them requirement to fix this problem. Send it them again and again and again.
They obviously do not read this forum...
:|

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Flooding the Archos support with lots of bug reports from one person is not really helpful.
Every duplicate report they they have to handle is time they don't have to help (or at least try) to support somebody else.

And yes, I'm somewhat biased as I work in IT support myself (NOT for Archos, so please don't send me any bug reports!)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:54 am 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

ViktorN wrote:
to mn555 & sper56
PLEASE, contact Archos support: http://www.archos.com/support/support_t ... pport.html
and send them requirement to fix this problem. Send it them again and again and again.
They obviously do not read this forum...
:|

I read you and we are working on this issue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bragon wrote:

OK, Bragon.
Finally, thank you for your message. But we are talking about this problem several days without any response from Archos tech team.
And if there was no any response, please understand us that our patience is at an end - and we are desperately looking for any way to solve the problem. Problem with WiFi connection is realy crucial.
Thanks for your understanding
Best regards
Viktor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 am 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

ViktorN wrote:
bragon wrote:

OK, Bragon.
Finally, thank you for your message. But we are talking about this problem several days without any response from Archos tech team.
And if there was no any response, please understand us that our patience is at an end - and we are desperately looking for any way to solve the problem. Problem with WiFi connection is realy crucial.
Best regards
Viktor

I replied on the main ICS thread concerning Wi-Fi. I know that Wi-fi connection is crucial and we are doing our best to fix the issue asap.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bragon wrote:
I replied on the main ICS thread concerning Wi-Fi. I know that Wi-fi connection is crucial and we are doing our best to fix the issue asap.

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:42 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

@ViktorN

I understand that wifi is crucial to the use of your tablet and I hope the issue is soon resolved for you. However,this is a forum maintained by individuals and not by Archos. Although we are fortunate that we have some Archos staff members who review these forums, they have no obligation to read or respond to posts made here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

butterflygirl wrote:
I understand that wifi is crucial to the use of your tablet and I hope the issue is soon resolved for you. However,this is a forum maintained by individuals and not by Archos. Although we are fortunate that we have some Archos staff members who review these forums, they have no obligation to read or respond to posts made here.

I have sent detailed description of this problem to Archos support mail several times. But without any relevant response...
(their only general response: "reset device and delete all applications" I do not find relevant answer)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

bragon wrote:
ViktorN wrote:
bragon wrote:

OK, Bragon.
Best regards
Viktor

Glad we have awesome people like you lurking these forums. Thanks bragon for the update!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My fresh experience with A80 G9:

It seems to be authentication dependent and router dependent. I am unable to connect my home router Edimax BR-6204g using all variants of WPA encryption (using SSID "HUGO" with just capital letters from very beginning). When I went tablet to my friend with different router I was able to connect using WPA2 PSK without any problem.

I have upgraded my router firmware to the latest one and my experience is the tablet is able to connect using "open access" OR WEP encrypted (using HEX key). I don't need to restart tablet nor change anything on router.

I am offering to Archos staff any kind of non-destructive testing. Just let me know. :)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:13 am 
Archos User
Archos User

moronoxyd wrote:
Flooding the Archos support with lots of bug reports from one person is not really helpful.
Every duplicate report they they have to handle is time they don't have to help (or at least try) to support somebody else.

And yes, I'm somewhat biased as I work in IT support myself (NOT for Archos, so please don't send me any bug reports!)

x10 I bet! ...more time reading about same issue in multiple locations by same posters waste time (ours & Archos IT)

Don't get me wrong. I think its ok to open threads threads on new subject and discuss solutions, just try to keep on track

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Good Day

I would like to add a new element to this issue.

I fired up my new 101 g9 250 yesterday and am encountering the same problems. I am on 3.2.79. My problems are a text book case of the same symptoms on previous posts. I have a number of devices on my router. They are all connecting with no problems. A few minutes after I log on and use the wireless with my Archos g9, it knocks everything off line on the wireless side. After I reboot my router, it is back to normal. The modem (internet) is not affected by this issue. As long as I do not turn on the wireless on the tab my connectivity is good. It looks like this problem is not solely attributed to ICS.

FYI: I am running ICS on my transformer and it does not cause any problems. I also have a 101 16gb. Works well!

Hopefully this will get sorted soon.

Archos 101G9 250gb OMAP 4460 ES1.1
Build number HTK75D
Board Version A101H-V5 (T1)
Thanks

P.S. I am looking forward installing the cinema plugin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:13 am 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

Please check out the test firmware posted here viewtopic.php?f=84&t=64013 that aims at addressing the Wi-Fi issues.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ViktorN wrote:
Archos 80 G9
I have got a problem with Wifi now. :-7
After upgrade to 4.0.4 I cannot establish wifi conection.
<my SSID name>
Signal strenght: Excellent
Security WPA2 PSK

OK, when I click to "Connect", there is now:
Signal strenght: Poor (Why "poor" now??? It doesn't matter if I am 1 meter or 20 meters far from my Wifi router)

I write password (of course the correct password) and then it shows me:
<my ssid name>: Obtaining IP address... - Saved, secured with WPA 2 - Conecting... - Obtaining IP address... - Saved, secured with WPA 2 - Conecting... - Obtaining IP address...
It looping still and after several cycles it ends with: "Avoided poor internet connection"
It says "Signal strenght: Poor". Why? It doesn't matter if I am 1 meter or 20 meters far from my Wifi router. Wifi analyzer tells me: "Signal strenght is excellent".
My other tablet (lenovo) works and can connect to wifi router immediately.
There is no any WiFi interference.
Terrible...

This is log from my WiFi router:
0day 06:09:59 wlan0: A wireless client is associated - 00:DA:DC:6A:85:82
0day 06:09:59 wlan0: WPA2-AES PSK authentication in progress...
0day 06:10:02 wlan0: A STA is rejected by 802.1x daemon - 00:DA:DC:6A:85:82
0day 06:10:03 wlan0: A wireless client is associated - 00:DA:DC:6A:85:82
0day 06:10:03 wlan0: WPA2-AES PSK authentication in progress...
0day 06:10:06 wlan0: A STA is rejected by 802.1x daemon - 00:DA:DC:6A:85:82
0day 06:10:06 wlan0: A wireless client is associated - 00:DA:DC:6A:85:82
0day 06:10:06 wlan0: WPA2-AES PSK authentication in progress...
0day 06:10:09 wlan0: A STA is rejected by 802.1x daemon - 00:DA:DC:6A:85:82
0day 06:10:10 wlan0: A wireless client is associated - 00:DA:DC:6A:85:82
0day 06:10:10 wlan0: WPA2-AES PSK authentication in progress...
where "00:DA:DC:6A:85:82" is mac address of my Archos (I have changed some numbers here for security)
what happened in my Archos tablet with WiFi procedure during the firmware update?

got the same problem, no solution found :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bragon wrote:
Please check out the test firmware posted here viewtopic.php?f=84&t=64013 that aims at addressing the Wi-Fi issues.

Thanks.
Unfortunately - exactly the same situation. Wifi doesn't work still :doubt:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bragon wrote:

Firmware is tested. The behavior of the wi-fi has not changed :( . (viewtopic.php?p=394647#p394647)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was testing it on several WiFi routers, but without positive results. So the upgrade didn't help, and the problem with WiFi connection persists.
After I change the security settings, Archos successfully connects sometimes, but this connection is only short-term. After a moment, again connection interrupts and then it is not possible to establish a connection.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

the new firmware is out since yesterday ( 22 Mar. 2012). has anyone tested this already?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

karpie wrote:
the new firmware is out since yesterday ( 22 Mar. 2012). has anyone tested this already?

yes
The WiFi connection problem is not solved. :doubt:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:57 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=64013&p=395777#p395777

bragon wrote:
All: official 4.0.5 is out. It contains some minor additional fixes but nothing new on the Wi-Fi front compared to the test firmware.
For the fritzbox and speedsport owners (Atheros based AP): we are working on the issue with our Wi-Fi chipset provider, we have over the air captures of the issue. Please stay tuned.