Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

what about 1080p youtube videos in browser? can you try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSRMC5JNww and tell if it stutters especially in quickest scenes???

Please, please, please

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Tried it. Only playable for me at 360p.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

are you seriuos?????

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:36 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

gaetanolip wrote:
are you seriuos?????

HD works via youtube app (I dont know if its 1080 or 720)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

about volume jumps:
changing system volume in "quick settings" can help

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a new Archos10.1 G9, but now (after a week) the battery doesn't charge anymore. What to do?
When I take the adapter of the tablet, the tablet goes out imediately, so it is still empty.
Please, help me!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

New 80g9 (arrived today).

Post update, I get horrible static with any sound now. The sound starts fine for the first few seconds of a video, then the static starts and just continues to get worse as long as the video is playing. After I close the video app, the static persists until it's finished unloading from memory (a second or two).

This is not my video app as it happens with any sound... the feedback "clicks" from the keyboard do the same thing... fine for a second, then static.

It's made my tablet unusable.
I'm looking for a way to downgrade the firmware.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok, this is odd.

It's the wifi.
It may still be the update, but turning off the wifi fixes the sound issue.

The first thing I did after enabling wifi was updating the firmware. I had the sound too low to notice if the old firmware had the same wifi interference problem. This could be a hardware issue, which seems likely. I'm out of the country, so if it is, then I'm stuck with it... but that's ok as this it is mainly a media device for me and I'll turn the sound off when I turn the wifi on.

If it does wind up being a software issue and I find a solution, I'll post back up... but as it's likely hardware related, I'll quietly step back (for now).

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Got it.
It seems to be some sort of software issue, though I can't be certain it's not software+hardware.

AppBrain Market sets it off most noticeably.
I still get spits and spurts of it without AppBrain installed, but I get it constantly if that's installed... so the simplest solution... obviously AppBrain is gone.

I get it as well with Dolphin Browser, which is a shame as I love it... however, I get it only when the keyboard is active... so I've disabled the keyboard noises. Problem solved. This is different from AppBrain. If AppBrain is installed, it effects all programs. Dolphin only effects Dolphin.

So, with these two minor tweaks, I'm happily plodding along with my fantastic 80g9
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have problem with this firmware with sound in SKYPE. Old firmwar(59,62) is sound OK.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I found the tilt control of car racing programmes cannot work properly, such as FF73D, Raging Thunder and Hot Pursuit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I found that when I watch video by using bluetooth headphone,
the video becomes not smooth and the audio is not sync with video.
It had not happened in my Archos G8.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bought the Turbo version 1.2GHz and installed the 3.2.69 without trying so much the previous firmware, so I don't know if these bugs are present before:
- The HDMI works few minutes and then the image freezes (the audio works fine), If I disconnect and connect the cable some times the tablet reboots. After the reboot it works fine for some minutes an other time.
- When listening music I can heard "toc toc" like when you have a speaker with a broken membrane, but with videos or other programs or even with music but using headphones I have not noticed that.
- The keyboard is very responsible just after booting up, but the keypresses become lagged after opening some applications.
- In some occasions common programs (Google body, Market, Mail, etc) crashes continuously, inspecting the report the problem is that can allocate memory. Rebooting solves the problem.
- Based on previous points, I think the memory management in general can be improved, in settings->Applications->RunningServices free memory is always >230MB then why all my applications are closed when I open the browser?
- The charging indicator remains on while the screen is on, it's not a problem but is estrange as it's named 'charging indicator 'on the documentation, Is that normal?

I have to give a negative point to the support of Archos, I sended these questions to them very well explained and they sent me an automatic response with a RMA form for sending my 2 day old tablet to repair with no further explanation. (Reading this forum I found that these problems are common, so I expect that sending my tablet is useless)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 am 
Archos User
Archos User

My bugs/wishes using 3.2.69:

- When playing music through SMB (network) there's no coverart. Would be nice to have it.
- I had a few times that after getting the tablet out of standby, the back button was 'pressed' automatically (flickering). Calibrating the touchscreen fixed it.
- HDMI output freezes after 10 minutes or so.
- Sometimes when opening or closing an application half the screen has some strange green pattern for a short period of a second. This dissapears and then the app starts. This seems to be gone after rebooting the tablet. Maybe some specific application causes this?
- Flash 11.1 causes some flash movies only have sound, no picture when viewing a movie in the browser. Flash 11.0 works fine.
- When using the filebrowser to view files on my Synology NAS, I cannot delete files. Local files (in memory on the tablet) can be deleted.
- I'm not sure but I think 3.2.69 does crash/freeze a bit more often than the previous firmwares.
- The keyboard (both standard and Swiftkey) do have a lag sometimes when typing. Would be nice if I could be typing faster without a lag.
- Where is the vibration function?

Last edited by hars73 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:53 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I no longer see the option to encrypt the tablet. It was there before. I was holding off doing it because I had a problem and had to ship it back to archos. Now its working I don't have that option.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i just did the update and i'm experiencing random crashes and forced close on basic apps like video player.

i tried to manually downgrade to my previoud firmware but it's not letting me, any idea if that can be done?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

It has nearly been a month since the last firmware upgrade... Archos, we are used to receive a fw from you every two weeks(in the first 9 months after the product is out). C'mon, bring this Gameloft bloatware and your DLNA server!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

To jam88: the encryption was visible in the very first firmware, but when i tried it, it gave error that it needs usb charge, even it was connected. When i asked about it they said this model does not support encryption. And it was indeed gone in the firmwares ever since.