Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

can tell us how to flash a CM7 ROM ? It would be wonderfoll.

The Rom on CM7 is not unlocked. Can you make a photo? I can not believe it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello

i have flashed this rom yesterday. all works fine exept a very ennoying thing : the home icon in upper left corner did nothing, ever if I short or long click on it. The only way to return on home is to use the back icon.

Someone could help please?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

feanor91 wrote:
Hello

i have flashed this rom yesterday. all works fine exept a very ennoying thing : the home icon in upper left corner did nothing, ever if I short or long click on it. The only way to return on home is to use the back icon.

Someone could help please?

Same,would someone be able to fix it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This keeps coming up on my archos 'The application Market(process.com.vending) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.' and it gives the option to force close but this happens on all the apps I have and I am very disappointed,does anyone know of a fix?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I have a problem, after following all of your steps, my reader doesn't go beyond the bq green robot screen, even after being there untill the battery died (about a day) and even after I charged it again. What should I do? My reader is pretty new so i don't want thave to throw it away.. Please help!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry,me again :oops: My computer with the archos 70b froyo Voltaire driver has got a virus so I've tried to install the driver on another xp computer but the device still isn't recognised and I want to flash back to the original firmware,can someone PLEASE help? :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Nevermind I got the original firmware and flashed and its running great now! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So I see there's noone to answer my question.. How do I flash to the original firmware anyways? I can't enter the options menu or anything else cause the reader has been on the bq android screen for a few days now.. I request your help almighty internets!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Jefi : THANKS A LOT ! :D

It was working all right... :)

it is now froyo rooted alright.

(although the Apps2Sd doesn't work i don't care coz it is really big now... over 500MB.)
just one thing i want to ask...
i tried to install an app( firewalls) and this is what i got :
"Common error messages:
1. can't initialize iptables table 'filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

This error message unfortunately means that your kernel does not support iptables/netfilter, so DroidWall will not work.
The only possible solution is to flash a customized ROM (or kernel) with full netfilter support."
it is not really important, but what do you think ?

thanks a lot again,
with metta, ;)

Mcb.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

NanoBot wrote:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
   <binding key="22" action="volumeKeyScrollForward"/>
   <binding key="21" action="volumeKeyScrollBackward"/>
</keymap>

Does anoyone of you has already successful managed it to use the neweset FbreaderJ together with an adapted keymap.xml file oh your archos 70b/c ?

C.U. NanoBot

Just installed this rom on my Archos 70b this evening, and got FBReader working with the keymapping. I initially tried this on an earlier BQ Voltaire ROM for 2.1, and had the same problem, but there were some key differences compared to last time. Not sure how many are relevant, but perhaps worth investigating:

* Last time I had tried keymapping with the actions nextPage and previousPage. Tonight was the first time I used the volumeKeyScrollForward/Backward actions.

* The second thing that is different this evening is that I now have an external SD card, so the file went on there. not sure if that is relevant

* I may also have a more up to date version of FBReader, having downloaded it from the market tonight.

* The fourth thing is, I don't know if order of appearance in the xml file is relevant, but I notice your keys are listed in reverse order. On mine I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<binding key="21" action="volumeKeyScrollBackward" />
<binding key="22" action="volumeKeyScrollForward" />
</keymap>

notice the keys are in numeric order?

* Finally, I can't rule it out, but perhaps I simply didn't restart FBReader after editing the keymapping last time?

Anyway - thought I'd post that I'd managed to get it working. Now if only I could get USB Host support working - A shame I didn't realise the issue with this BEFORE I bought a case/keyboard combo :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Not sure if this rom, or the fact I put in an external SD card, but I'd like to move apps to the SD card, and it doesn't seem to let me. I keep getting "Failed To Move Application" errors. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just installed this ROM and I want to reflash another. However, the plug-in-USB+hold-right+power procedure no longer works: if I simply plug in the cable, it will instantly boot the BQ firmware. When I hold the right button and plug in the cable, the 70b does not start but it does not appear in Windows either. Pressing the power button after inserting the cable at that point doesn't do anything either.

After a while I can turn it on normally or I have to reset it to get it to boot again.

Did the BQ firmware alter the combination to get into the firmware flashing mode?

[Edit] What a hoot: the 70b does have recovery system installed. It just does not respond to the external buttons or the touch screen...

[Edit 2] It seems like the mini USB port on my 70b is fairly loose with some cables. Using another USB cable showed that it indeed entered the flashing mode.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:D :) :lol:

To some of the above users of Archos 70b, I figured out the exact way to enter the so-called "reset mode" or whatever, this is what you should do:

1. Power off the device, do not connect to the computer.
2. Hold the Right key, and poke the reset hole with something for a short while and then release the reset hole (not the right key, hold it...).
3. Plug in the usb cable, if you have correctly installed the driver, you should see or hear that a device is plugged into the computer in Windows' notification area.
4. Now you can release the right key. And open the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe in the correct way (if you're on Windows 7), if you see a green box "1", you have successfully prepared your device for a rom/img flash!

The above methods only apply to the case in which you flash the device with usb computer through computer. The method mentioned above for entering the "reset mode" applies to Archos 2.1 rom, and BQ Voltaire 2.2 rom as well. So you can always flash any rom you like whenever you like, as long as you got the RIGHT rom/img.

You can all have a try! But always remember to properly install the driver FIRST!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

HI good news. i have successfully flashed to the froyo 2.2.1 using this method. I have ALSO managed to flashed to then gingerbread rom provided in a few posts above, but unfortunately i cannot fully tested that version since it is for a next2 with 8.1 size monitor. The device boots without problem and everything loads well, just lags abit. i can not see portion of the screen, missing one thirds of the keyboard.. is there any chance someone can release that rom but for a 7 inch tablet?

here is the link of the tested gingerbread rom but for 8.1 inch tabs. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=1120
from page 2 of this thread.

also please can anyone give me some pointers on how to upgrade the existing android market to the latest "Google play store"? since a lot of apps are not available on the froyo's android market, maybe because it an older version market. I have tried "arctool" but don't think it is compatible with the archos 70b.

thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello, I know it's an old thread but I just received an Nextbook Next2 as a Gift, I'm unable to install the driver, I tried windows xp and windows 7 but nothing works, I also tried all recommendations from this thread and no luck, could anyone help me please? thank you in advance.