Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@ FLO:
- I was trying to install the Aldiko Ebook Reader.... without success. Everytime I try to install it throws an error "Installation was not successful (or something in that way)

Same thing with me. I would like to know, if the installation of the aldiko reader works with the "original" FROYO that is not rooted. Or is the aldico already installed in the voltaire rom?
Does anyone know? Could someone try it out? I dont want to change the ROM just for this try.
THX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks a lot Jefi.
I'm using the unrooted BQ Voltaire and it's much better than the Vanilia Archos software.

However, as someone already reported, the WiFi cuts and disappears every now and then. Turning it off and on with the widget fixes the issue but I hope this could be permanently fixed.

Also, one time my tablet refused to turn on, like it was dead. Back home I plugged it with USB and the lock screen appeared like nothing happened. Anyone experienced this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Have someone this tested:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=1120

^^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

musyne wrote:
Also, one time my tablet refused to turn on, like it was dead. Back home I plugged it with USB and the lock screen appeared like nothing happened. Anyone experienced this?

hi,

yes I can confirm. Sometimes it also happens to me that the device is "dead??". I have a black screen and nothing seems to work anymore. After pushing the reset button on the back I┬┤m able to turn it on again. Any ideas how to fix that problem?

Anyway... Is there anyone who was able to install aldiko reader on the 70b?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Flo on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Galedon wrote:

I don┬┤t understand the reference of your post to the archos 70b reader? The thread you┬┤ve posted is concerning about a completely different device?!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Flo wrote:
Galedon wrote:

I don┬┤t understand the reference of your post to the archos 70b reader? The thread you┬┤ve posted is concerning about a completely different device?!

Why ?

Nextbook Next2 is the same archos 70b

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=55385

^^

or I have misunderstood :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:59 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Galedon wrote:
Flo wrote:
Galedon wrote:

Why ?

Nextbook Next2 is the same archos 70b

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=55385

^^

or I have misunderstood :(

sry, ... seems that you┬┤re right. I┬┤ve just known about 70b & BQ Voltaire... the next2 looks quite identical, but I┬┤m not sure if the techn. specs are the same as archos 70b & BQ Voltaire.

So we have 3 identical devices from 3 different producers?

Can anyone confirm that next2 roms can also be used on the 70b?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys,

I fllashed my 70b with android 2.2 last week and I'm having some troubles...

I installed de adobe reader app and the first few days it worked fine but now it keeps crashing after a few minutes. It just shuts down and I go back to the home screen. I tried reinstalling it but that didn't work.
Now I'm wondering if any of you guys have had the same issue and have been able to solve it?

Greets

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yesterday I noticed that you have you supply a valid serial if you want to download the latest BQ Voltaire firmware on BQs website.

Does anyone know the reason for that change ? Is it just to make sure that only Voltaire owners are able to download the firmware, or are there different hardware revisions of the Voltaire which of course might need different firmware versions ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there,

I am running Windows 7 on my PC and downloaded http://www.mediafire.com/?3vndcu7wzd8wu1z to upgrade my Archos 70b to Android 2.2.

After unzipping the downloaded file, there is "just" an .img file in it, recognized as a DVD/CD Image file.

According to the description in the initial posting of this thread, I expected more files in the zip file, like executables and data files.

Connecting the reader via USB to the PC works fine - but there is nothing started, as stated in the step after connecting the reader to the PC. I "only" get access to the folders on the reader.

What did I do wrong? Do I have to burn a DVD firstand work from this?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Dieter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Tuvok wrote:
Hi there,

I am running Windows 7 on my PC and downloaded http://www.mediafire.com/?3vndcu7wzd8wu1z to upgrade my Archos 70b to Android 2.2.

After unzipping the downloaded file, there is "just" an .img file in it, recognized as a DVD/CD Image file.

Read the first post again. There is a second file to download with the tools to flash your device.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you very much.

Indeed, the second link leads to a zip file that looks much better. I will then try to flash asap.

Thanks again,
Dieter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi, many thank for your threat viewtopic.php?f=82&t=56987

but when i do as your instruct , my computer can't access a new device, in other say, it can't install RK28XX Device , so i can't use RKAndroidBatchUpgrade, it shows me " no device exist, stop upgrading " ? what i have to do now ? ... :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

First I want to say Thank You! I flashed my reader and it worked fine. Now I'll start to explore Android. :)

@Zenki: I encountered the same problem. I assume you are on a (32 bit) Windows 7? I switched to an old laptop with Windows XP on it. There I can controlo the driver installation, so I could install the RX device and then do the flash.

Kind regrads,
Dieter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

For me almost all is fine.

Many good apps do not work.

You should know that I have installed many apps. From Market and buyed and backuped ones from my phone. (apk files).

My favourite ebook reader and TTS Voice can not be installed. I have to use the standard TTS and Moonreader instead of Mantano Reader.

There is a big bug, because I had all this not working apps installed in the original ROM.

I hope you can fix it as far as possible.

Have sombody tried the Nextbook Next2 Rom? I am afraid to kill my Archos. If I use this Rom. But I need my favorite Ebookreader and the TTS.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=1120

My Archos is for 99% to read and listen to Audiobooks (or TTS).

I could live with only this two Apps. And forget all other apps I installed. Shit happens...

- Not working (via Phone apk and market trail). Downloading is always ok. But installing fails)
aldiko reader Pro
Mantano Reader 1.6.6.apk
Market 3.4.4.apk
MathPac 7.6.apk
SVOX Petra German 3.1.0.apk (BasicApp works, but Trail via market do not works (SVOX Classic TTS 3.1.2_E.apk).

works fine:
1Tap Cleaner Pro 1.43.apk
rom managerPro
AppMonster Pro 2.0.9.1.apk
ColorDict 3.0.5.apk
Dolphin Browser HD 7.2.1.apk
ES Datei Explorer 1.6.0.0.apk
Flickr 1.1.1.apk
LBE Privacy Guard 2.1.1002.apk
Moon Reader Pro v1.4.apk
MortPlayer Audio Book 0.9.7 prev.apk
MortPlayer Music 0.999RC4a.apk
MortPlayer Widgets 0.4.1.apk
MyPhoneExplorer Client 1.0.14.apk
Nifty Words 1.00.apk
OfficeSuite 5.5.717.apk
ROM Manager 4.8.0.6.apk
Gentil Alarm 3.5.3.apk
SleepNow2.0.6.apk
Smart Keyboard Pro 4.5.0.apk
SystemApp Remover 4.19.apk
TuneIn Radio Pro 5.2.apk
WikiDroyd 1.4.11.apk
XiiaLive 2.2.4.apk
YouTube 2.3.4.apk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I cant install driver on vista(32bit) it says'driver not intended for this device..' Is there any workaround.I dont have xp or 7

(I also use ubuntu(linux))

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've managed to get Aldiko installed, but it involves faffing about.

Looking at the app's FAQ, there's a known problem installing while a folder called .android_secure is on the SD card, with the advice given being to delete that folder. However, the 70b creates that folder in internal storage rather than the SD card.

To install Aldiko, I did this:

Hooked the 70b to my laptop via USB and turned on USB storage.
While still hooked up to the computer, and with USB storage still on, I downloaded and installed it from Market.

[edited to remove unnecessary steps]

Last edited by kal on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How can I copy my *.apk files to Rom of Archos.

If I am connected via USB to my PC I can not click to the *.apk.

If I connect via Dropbox it doesn't works too (dropbox without sdcard do not work).

I connected my LAN via ES explorer but I can not start APKs via that way.

Anyone another idea? But without market!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Right, I've been using the Spanish roms (v2 seems pretty stable at the mo) that enable R/W access, so dunno if this will work on a rom that's R/O.

There's an option at the bottom of ES Explorer's settings to do with R/W stuff, IIRC. Should get a warning if you need to check the box regarding that and you'll prolly need to give Root access.

Anyroad, enable USB storage as mentioned above, connect to the LAN and copy the .apk. Go back to local and paste it somewhere handy. If you can manage to paste it then you should be able to install that local copy via ES Explorer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:D

Just wanted to say that I've succesfully done this with my Nextbook model Next2.

Haven't played with it much, but have gotten through calibrating, connecting via wifi, and synching with my gmail account.

One minor modification. The Windows7 driver that was supplied did not work until AFTER I had connected the nextbook while it was running.

In other words, I had to:
1. Turn on the unaltered nextbook
2. Connect it to my laptop
3. Let the driver install out of the nextbook
4. turn off the nextbook
5. hold the right arrow, turn on nextbook (bump sound from laptop as if a new device was available, but no device visible)
6. open up the device manager
7. right click on the "unknown device" with the yellow exclamation mark
8. install new driver, and choose the one provided in the download

then exactly as in the directions

Thanks to whoever (Jefi?) that made this possible for me. Can now use this thing the way I want :-D