Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello everyone.

I've had my Archos 70b for 2 days now, and must say that I'm largely happy with it, tho it does have flaws!

The problem I've now got is that it just won't turn on.

I was transferring some ebooks on to it when my laptop died so it failed to copy them fully. Soon after the ereader turned itself off and won't turn back on. I've done a reset (using a pin in the reset hole) it turned on once, and seemed to be fine, but the next time it turned it's screen off it took me about 2 hours and several attempts to turn back on. I had to use the reset button several times etc.

Since then I was able to turn it on once, and I done a total reset from the privacy menu option, I thought perhaps one of the failed ebooks may be corrupt and causing problems. Once it finished doing the reset it turned straight back on, and seemed to be working fine, but then after a few minutes the screen went off and the archos just will not turn back on.

I am now considering returning the product and buying an eReader from another company. I've had archos products before and have always loved them, this one just seems to have major issues with it's firmware, so my other option is to change firmware (assuming I can get it turned back on.)

So really, I have 2 questions:
1) Any ideas how to get the archos to turn back on? (Yes I've made sure the battery is charges), and,
2) If I can get it back on, should I use a custom firmware, or should I just get a refund and buy another product either from Archos, or from a rival company?

Thanks, and any help is gratefully received.
Bozo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

same thing here, i've just bought 70b ereader form Nguyen Thanh Telecom, Vietnam. After a few day, i'm turn it off and it's never wake up, even that i sure the battery is fully charged...
It's weird.. i give it's back and have a new one, two week ago, and now, it's happen again, the 70b archos ereader seem doesn't like to wake ups... ( it's doesn't get broke, fall or water...)

Any one know what happen here ???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Have You tried to reset with a needle at the back of the archos 70b?
Bye, Pmud.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same problem, I put the z4 root on and ran archtools. And i changed some setting and now my archos just keeps flashing the main archos screen on and off. It will not power down til the battery is dead and cant get in to it through my usb. Can any one help me out thank you.