It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Please help me
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear All,

My device is 70b ereader.
I try to upgrade the "firmware". but fail.
My device can't work anymore.
Some one can help me.
Any idea can go back it!

THANKS VERY MUCH

:cry:

Post subject: Re: Please help me
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

I had the same issue with the original firmware but do not worry yet, you still have an option to solve this.

There is a procedure how to install the voltaire firmware on your system and trust me, it will only make your device better.
There is another thread in this forum on new firmware archos 70b / BQ Voltaire, read that form as well, that saved me.
credit goes to all those writers there.

First of all the procedure how to do this is shown in the link below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... ostcount=4
note that "press and lock" means "press and hold" ......
The hooking up to the usb and holding the power button and the right button enables you to access your device again through your PC but you need to install a driver for that so windows can talk to the USB device.
It might help to fisrt connect to usb, then use a needle for a hardware reset on the back (short push only) and then push and hold the right button and power button.

these three links below are the files referred to in the procedure, that saves you a long search on a spanish website ;)
Driver: http://www.mediafire.com/?r0sclvfhvmvequa
Application: http://www.mediafire.com/?iny1l9aq8f3bj8j
Firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/?ybwf0dok7qrl0pg

once you pushed the right button and power button, windows should ask for installing the driver.
make sure you unzipped the driver zipfile and point window to the unpacked file.

then windows recognizes the device and you can start the application RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe
It should show you in the bottom a green block with a "1" which means the application found the device.
ignore the boot part on top.
Select in the settings section: image and load the image file (Voltaire_20110511.img) by pushing the ... button behind image.

Push the upgrade button at the bottom and the application will start installing the firmware on your device.
it will count to 100% twice and then you will see it is finished and your device will reboot and start clearing your data and cash.
Disconnect the usb cable as soon as the reboot starts such that windows can not interfere with the progress.

Now you need to have some patience as it takes a while
it will end booting up with a bq logo and asking for a recalibration of your screen, likely in spanish so you may need to look into the menu to change the language.
click the small 9 block icon at the botton, find the settings icon and push it.
it is the 7th item: idioma y teclado whick means language and keyboard.
then select first item: configuracion local and scoll down to the language of choice.
select it and have fun with your new firmware.

hope this will work for you as well.

cheers,

Dox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:)
Dear Shandox,

Unfortunately I have done you describe and work very well.
But "BQ" no sound due to control in the toolbar, I feel it hard to use.
I decided to root back "ARCHOS", but I root to the 2.2 version.
After the fail, the machine no any response.

Very happy and thank you for your message,
Hope to have other options to solve, I really like "70B"

Best regards,

KELVIN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm sorry, but I don't understand you.
What is your current firmware now?
Where did you get it?
Is it to your satisfaction?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If I am not mistaken, the procedure also works with the archos image.
But can you explain what you mean with the sound issue ?
I have no issues at all.

But can you get the reader to be connected with the right button + power button hold option ?
That is most important because if windows can't see the reader, you have no option to access it anymore and then it is bricked if the reader
does not start up by himself.

Good luck!

Dox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear outsider,

My current firmware was 2.1
I tray to up the archos 7IT 2.2 firmware. get from arctablet blog.
Because I think they are same hardware.
So I use the "RKAndroidBatchUpgrade" upgrade my 70b.
But fail, Then I unplug the usb, 70b not work anymore.
I reset it, still no answer.
That is my situation.

Thanks your message.

GOOD ^_^

kELVIN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear Dox,

If I am not mistaken, the procedure also works with the archos image.
But can you explain what you mean with the sound issue ?

In ARCHOS original toolbar has sound control icon, that you can adjust the volume,
But the bq don't have it, and when i play the "TED AIR" the return function also missing.
hope you can understand.

I have no issues at all.

But can you get the reader to be connected with the right button + power button hold option ? Non!
That is most important because if windows can't see the reader, you have no option to access it anymore and then it is bricked if the reader
does not start up by himself. YES! LIKE YOU SAY

Is it one way send back to the factory fix it. Hoe do you think.

Best regards,

Kelvin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Kelvin,
try to flash this image: http://update.archos.com/ereader/a70bereader/update.img
It's the original Archos 70b image (V1.0.4, I think)
Hpe it works...

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear all,

I am great to say my 70b is back.
I find the solution to unbrick my device.
see bellow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqSydpZu ... yAENqoDCOU

THANK EVERYONE.

ENJOY YOU DEVICE!

Kelvin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I tried to update my firmware on 70b with the 1.04 listed here, http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... 0b_eReader

The result was that the device now does not get past splash screen. So on to using RKAndroid to get a different firmware image loaded.

Quote:
The hooking up to the usb and holding the power button and the right button enables you to access your device again through your PC but you need to install a driver for that so windows can talk to the USB device.
It might help to fisrt connect to usb, then use a needle for a hardware reset on the back (short push only) and then push and hold the right button and power button.

I get stuck at this point, my pc immediately reads the drive as a external storage device when I connect the 70b. Attempts to manually replace the driver with any rockchip driver are met with a prompt that the driver is not compatible. RKAndroid detects absolutely nothing. Trying to access the two drives that the archos comes up as does not work, though the drive letters show up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi omegaark,
I have the same issue and I tried to solve it following the video.
Windows recognizes the device but not rkandroid.
Could you tell me if you had the same problem?

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi raedwulfrum,

I had exactly the same problem with version 1.0.4 - splash screen and no reaction from Windows.

Try following: connect USB, then press and hold right button and power button and then use the needle to reset while still holding those two buttons (it's tricky, the third hand would be a great help :) ). After that I was able to install the drivers and load bq firmware.

Hope this helps.

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks titania, caught this yesterday myself. Only difference is I used reset while it was unplugged to turn it off, then held down buttons, then plugged it in. Previously I was trying to plug it in and then immediately push the buttons.

I had a few more problems after that, and there is very little info on this device anywhere online, even on the french sites, so here are a few notes for anyone else having problems.

The 70b ereader is based on the rk2818 chip, not the rk2808 chip as listed on http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-tablet/flashing-firmware-rockchip-cpu-based-devices-archos-ht-7-8-arnova-10. The 281x driver should therefore be used. Its not clear if this will work on 64bit OS, but it definitely works on any 32bit OS.

The best source for drivers and the rockchip program are the BQ homepage. http://www.bqreaders.com/gb/downloads.html Go to Updates, and then select Voltaire from the dropdown menu. The two files needed are Descargar drivers and Descargar utilidades. The Voltaire image is in the same location.

For reference the below are the three links from the site, and yes BQ does use mediafire to host its files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r0sclvfhvmvequa - rk2818 Driver
http://www.mediafire.com/?iny1l9aq8f3bj8j - Rockchip Program
http://www.mediafire.com/?ybwf0dok7qrl0pg - Voltaire Image

These are the same links shandox listed, just confirming that they are the official source. Getting them off the site however is probably best, as that way you can ensure you have the most up to date versions.

My next major problem related to the rk batch tool not detecting my device at all, even after loading the driver correctly. After some guess work and a lot of useless time spent reading french forums, the answer simply was that because I had had to build up an old pc so I could have a XP 32bit machine to work on, the usb ports were 1.1's. The rkandroidbatchupgrade tool does actually support usb 1.1, but you need to edit the setting.ini file in its folder. Change the 0 in "SUPPORTUSB11=0" to 1, and it works fine.

For the rest shandox's instructions work perfectly.

The Voltaire firmware is infinitely better than the base firmware. Youtube works, flv videos play properly, I haven't tested the marketplace, but I assume that works too. Only issues I have seen are that gmail won't sync, and yes there is no volume button on the top bar. Even with that however, it's still a massive improvement.

To anyone considering buying the 70b, my advice is don't, save yourself the trouble and just get the BQ Voltaire instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,

first of all sorry for my English. I got Archos 70b (Archos 7ob) few days ago. I tried to install new firmware and my Archos got frozen on "Archos Entertaiment your way" screen :(. I downloaded all the files: driver, new firmware and also Rockchip Program. My problem is that I cant install driver. If I plug it, my windows find Archos as a new divace but it doesnt want to install driver (It doesnt find it). It doesnt metter if I choose automatic or manual installation and browse the right folder. What I do wrong?
Please help me how I can install a driver. Thanks a lot. I am really sad about that :(.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have got the same problem. I can't install the usb driver. I have tried on different pc's

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same problem, I download the files, but windows dont find it. Any help please. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello everyone. I bougth Archos 7ob ereader last year.
Once i read about firmware from internet and tried it yesterday and everything went fine until after installation reboot.
All i see is the splash screen for 8 hours till i see this forum.
I followed raedwulfrum's explanations and steps i could upgrade to android 2.2 (voltaire bq).

Now everything works fine and i really thank you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Now i'm every happy. I'm not good english writer. Don't know how to thank you guys.
If anybody has a archos 7ob ereader and it shows splash screen for long then just follow above steps. It works. I prove it.

connect USB. press Reset by needle or something. Before it shows splash screen just click power on/off button+right arrow button untill the screen will be black and on the computer it show connecting icon. that's the first and necessary step.

Archor 7ob ereader with Android 2.2 is cool. Thank you guys.
Respect from Mongolia.