Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Problem: I installed some latest edition of android that was too fast for my slow Archos 7 version 2 tablet so it moves very slowly and no apps can run so I wanted to downgrade but it would not do it any way I tried like it says on the Archos website- Copy over the image file didn't work because the devise is not recognized by windows 7 until you turn on usb sharing but it still didn't work.... BBBBBOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The key thing was I could not install the right drivers for the devise so trying to use the rktools would not work since the software or the OS does not see the tablet.

Solutions:

1. Check your wires and ports

Try different combinations of wires and usd ports on your computer noting which port 1,2,3, etc is being used.

2. You have the wrong driver !!!

This is probably what is wrong!

If you have having problems like me and everyone else says its easy then you are trying to install the WRONG DRIVER

Get the rktools zip file that has your solution!!!:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4rmtw4t2pzbhil2
(This link is from SLatedroid so I take no credit for uploading)

now when you turn off the device, then move the switch to the right, then follow the rest of the instructions that are all over the internet...., the drive should install right away or you have to do it manually and will complain but you install anyways and it will work- it was so weasy once I for the right driver it was stupid.....,

cheers to all!!