Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Canogen Mod 7, Beware!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey, my name is Rusty, I own a Archos 7 home tablet.
I thought it would be cool to mod my tablet but what I didn't know was that I was out of my depth..my mod caused me to lose the best part of my tablet, the media player. The "phone" stuff just doesn't work on my tablet and now I feel silly for doing it in the first place. Not only that but it appears that I have pushed too hard on the "reset" button and squished it in permanently so now all I can do is try to load stuff to my sd card and try to install from there.
But, woops! the PC won't recognize the internal tree, it doesn't see both the tablet and the sd card together anymore, just the sd card... I'm kinda stuck..I wish I had the original OS to re-install. I miss my media player and would like to have it back, none of the free players seem to work. I'm spending all my time pulling the sd card out and installing it into my card reader, then back into my tablet! What a drag. I guess I just don't know enough yet to really feel confident modding. Can somebody please help me to figure out how to get the original operating system back. I promise I won't fool around until I have learned more about what I'm doing... HELP!!!

Tech Dummy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a close issue but I can't even see my sd card or internal memory.
And you can install apks from your sd card for example a media player and everything you really need.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

russell2130 wrote:
I thought it would be cool to mod my tablet but what I didn't know was that I was out of my depth..my mod caused me to lose the best part of my tablet, the media player. The "phone" stuff just doesn't work on my tablet and now I feel silly for doing it in the first place. Not only that but it appears that I have pushed too hard on the "reset" button and squished it in permanently so now all I can do is try to load stuff to my sd card and try to install from there.
But, woops! the PC won't recognize the internal tree, it doesn't see both the tablet and the sd card together anymore, just the sd card... I'm kinda stuck..I wish I had the original OS to re-install. I miss my media player and would like to have it back, none of the free players seem to work. I'm spending all my time pulling the sd card out and installing it into my card reader, then back into my tablet! What a drag. I guess I just don't know enough yet to really feel confident modding. Can somebody please help me to figure out how to get the original operating system back. I promise I won't fool around until I have learned more about what I'm doing... HELP!!!

Tech Dummy

You're good to go. Just go to the archos site, choose Support&Account -> Downloads -> Firmware and select your product. Then download the update.img in accordance to your device, put the file on SD and, if everything is good, Archos should detect a image that can be installed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:42 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

russell2130 wrote:

Tech Dummy

Which CM7 rom did you pick? The 7htv2_gingerbread.05?
If so, read the first post better. It has a section "Flashing back to Stock or other Custom ROM" with info following it. Read it and use it. The 7htv2_gingerbread.05 has a "semi-automatic" reflash mode.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks, I'm going to check it out, BTW, I have finally found a player close to stock, DICE, seems to do a decent job...Thanks for steering me down the path of the faithful...Rusty 8)