Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 2:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi everyone

I just recieved my lenco tablet with a magazine subscription. Now after examining the tablet i came to the conclsuion that it was an archos Home tablet 7 branded as a Lenco tablet. It has a resistive screen and only 4Gb of internal memory.

I'm used to flashing roms on android devices but all img i tried from this site came up as invalid firmware file. Does any one see a way to run a custom rom?

The Model Number is: A70BHT-LN
Firmware: 1.0.4
Kernel: 2.6.25
Build: V0.18.Eclair.eng.root.20110923.090808

and when i connect it via Adb it shows up as Archos A7HT RK2818, so I assume it's archos home tablet 7 v2

Thanks in advance for all help and tips!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

vexor wrote:
Hi everyone

I just recieved my lenco tablet with a magazine subscription. Now after examining the tablet i came to the conclsuion that it was an archos Home tablet 7 branded as a Lenco tablet. It has a resistive screen and only 4Gb of internal memory.

I'm used to flashing roms on android devices but all img i tried from this site came up as invalid firmware file. Does any one see a way to run a custom rom?

The Model Number is: A70BHT-LN
Firmware: 1.0.4
Kernel: 2.6.25
Build: V0.18.Eclair.eng.root.20110923.090808

and when i connect it via Adb it shows up as Archos A7HT RK2818, so I assume it's archos home tablet 7 v2

This has to do with the Model number: A70BHT-LN. The Froyo images on this bulletin board have the model number A70BHT. It means that the "signature" of the update.img image needs to be changed.
If you know how to change a rom, you can change/adapt one of the available roms in 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Allright so that's the only thing that has to be done? I'll further investigate this then! thanks man for the quick reply.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:59 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

vexor wrote:
Allright so that's the only thing that has to be done? I'll further investigate this then! thanks man for the quick reply.

It's only in the HWDEF.
You want me to make a quick froyo update.img based on my froyo rom, to try?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If you could do that, that would be great! You'll get my eternal thanks!

I am trying myself also, so it is extracting the update.img
opening the hwdef file in notepad changing machine_model=A70BHT to A70BHT-LN and then saving
and then recompiling my rom?

This is the first time i've done something like that ;D

But i'm always willing to try.

I still would love your rom, so i'm sure it is done properly. But i don't want to be someone who doesn't try ;)

edit:
Tried it, now it works but he says i'm updating firmware 1.0.4 to firmware 0.0.0 is this correct?

edit2:
Ok, so i downloaded your froyo rom transformed it and just went ahead and flashed :) And it worked! Thanks for the help man!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

vexor wrote:
edit:
Tried it, now it works but he says i'm updating firmware 1.0.4 to firmware 0.0.0 is this correct?

Yes, that's correct even though it doesn't seem so. We use non Archos tools that might not have all the wistles and bells the official Archos tool might have. That's why the firmware version isn't correct.
vexor wrote:
edit2:
Ok, so i downloaded your froyo rom transformed it and just went ahead and flashed :) And it worked! Thanks for the help man!

Nice to hear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks hvdwolf! But after flashing your froyo rom my sdcard seems to unmount automatically. Which i kinda strange. So it isn't detected in sdcard_external. In that folder teher are only some files from TB and ES file explorer. Removing the card and then re entering gives a second of updating media library and then you can remove sdcard safely.

Tried birdies froyo rom. Same problem. So i tried installing birdies eclair, problem disappeared, but can't use market.
Went to back to your froyo rom, tried a different sdcard. same problem. Tried your eclair rom, can use sdcard and market gives me apps, but all downloads are unseceesfull
This is a quite annoying problem because my tabklet only has 4gigs of internal capacity and the reason i wanted a custom rom was offcourse faster speeds but also market access.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thankjs for all these helpfull replies.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

vexor wrote:
Thanks hvdwolf! But after flashing your froyo rom my sdcard seems to unmount automatically. Which i kinda strange. So it isn't detected in sdcard_external. In that folder teher are only some files from TB and ES file explorer. Removing the card and then re entering gives a second of updating media library and then you can remove sdcard safely.

Tried birdies froyo rom. Same problem. So i tried installing birdies eclair, problem disappeared, but can't use market.
Went to back to your froyo rom, tried a different sdcard. same problem. Tried your eclair rom, can use sdcard and market gives me apps, but all downloads are unseceesfull
This is a quite annoying problem because my tabklet only has 4gigs of internal capacity and the reason i wanted a custom rom was offcourse faster speeds but also market access.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thankjs for all these helpfull replies.

When looking at my froyo rom, your internal memory is /mnt/sdcard AND /flash. /flash is a symlink to /mnt/sdcard.
And on my froyo your sdcard is /mnt/sdcard/external_sd AND /sdcard. /sdcard is a symlink to /mnt/sdcard/external_sd.
These are Archos' standards for froyo.
When having 4 GB internal memory /flash and /mnt/sdcard should be around 2.5GB
/mnt/sdcard/external_sd and /sdcard should have the size of your sdcard.

Birdiebln's froyo file structure is little different from mine. in his rom the sdcard is there /sdcard/external

Eclair has another file system
/sdcard is the sdcard
/flash is internal memory
(Note that Archos froyo only symlinks to these eclair standards).

Now I can imagine that you mixed up some file systems, so please check once more.
If it's really like you say and the sdcard is not recognised, I don't have an answer right now apart from: did you format it correctly? It should be Fat32.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Allright I'm going to format internal and sd-card, reflash your froyo and see if it makes any difference!

Thanks for all the help!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

HI, I Just got the same tablet from the newspaper "De morgen". Would you mind helping me out and sending me the rom also?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

kwen wrote:
HI, I Just got the same tablet from the newspaper "De morgen". Would you mind helping me out and sending me the rom also?

Hi,

I adapted my froyo.18 rom and called it 7htv2-lenco_froyo.01.zip. You can download that custom rom here
It's an exact copy of the froyo.18 rom apart from the HWDEF file inside the update.img.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hello and good morning, i can't download your custom rom, i think that the link is dead, is it possible you re-upload it?

thank you very mutch for your work

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:41 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

projexa wrote:
hello and good morning, i can't download your custom rom, i think that the link is dead, is it possible you re-upload it?

thank you very mutch for your work

(Back from holiday)
You are right: multiupload is dead. I will release a new rom today or tomorrow for the A7HTV2. I testedit myself the past week. I will also make a build for the lenco at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:50 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I created a froyo version 2 rom for the lenco. You can download it here.

for all info, tips, tweaks, troubleshooting and so on. Read the first post of the Custom ROM for A7HTV2: Android 2.2 froyo.19 as it is 99,99% the same.

EDIT: link to image removed. Take the one a few posts further.

Last edited by hvdwolf on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I also have a A70BHT-LN tablet according to the "About device" menu in settings.
Trying to flash the update.img from the 7htv2-lenco_froyo.02.zip file in the previous post but I get the "invalid firmware ..." message on the tablet.
Any tips on what to try next?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:41 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

stevie-c wrote:
I also have a A70BHT-LN tablet according to the "About device" menu in settings.
Trying to flash the update.img from the 7htv2-lenco_froyo.02.zip file in the previous post but I get the "invalid firmware ..." message on the tablet.
Any tips on what to try next?

Wait :)
I made an error. The HWDEF file needs to be modified as well as the recovery image. I forgot to modify the latter.
I will build a new one tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thanks for your great work. Managed to change it myself with your info.

Steps i did on my Ubuntu machine :

wine ../AFPTool.exe -unpack update.img update/
1293 cd update/
1297 cd Image/
1299 cramfsck -x recovery.img recovery
1306 sudo cramfsck -x recovery recovery.img
1307 cd recovery/
1312 vi default.prop
1322 mkcramfs recovery/ recovery.img
1324 rm -fr recovery
1325 cd ../..
1330 wine ../AFPTool.exe -pack update/ update.img
1331 cp update.img /media/LENCO/

Uploading the resulting update.img file to my Dropbox public folder right now so if anyone is interested I'll post the link.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Here is a working update.img for the Lenco tablet http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8392183/update.img

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thank you very mutch