Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:32 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you for your work, hvdwolf.
Unfortunately i am not able to install the latest Version of the Aldiko book reader. Version 1.2 works, Version2 could not be installed. But i need the version with drm support.
Other apps from the market like jorte works fine.
Has anyone a tipp for me?

thanks a lot
britta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

britta wrote:
Thank you for your work, hvdwolf.
Unfortunately i am not able to install the latest Version of the Aldiko book reader. Version 1.2 works, Version2 could not be installed. But i need the version with drm support.
Other apps from the market like jorte works fine.
Has anyone a tipp for me?

thanks a lot
britta

Please unmount your sdcard and remove it from the tablet. Connect your tablet to the pc and then try to download aldiko again. This same issue also occurs on Froyo.

Another option might be (and this is from my memory): AFAIK you can set in the Cyanogenmod settings the location where applications need to be installed. Set it to internal memory only. That's currently what the Archos tablet and it's roms support. Aldiko tries to install itself on the SDcard but doesn't have a good fall-back install scenario.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank for this tipp, now I can use the aldiko reader on my tablet with gingerbread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

what is the future of this rom nw when _fun decided to stop development of gingerbread for rk2818?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:07 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

wangeris wrote:
what is the future of this rom nw when _fun decided to stop development of gingerbread for rk2818?

I don't know yet.
_fun is not the only one though. Daremos also developed a gingerbread rom based on (official) N3Net stuff and some other sources, including _funs rom. I already tried that one and it seems OK as well, apart from the screen orientation.
I did not do any further attempts myself. For me the only missing point in _funs rom is the almost always failing USB mass storage mode (when you connect it to a pc).
My last communication with _fun was about this issue and he would take a look at it. The next day he stopped.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
wangeris wrote:

I don't know yet.
_fun is not the only one though. Daremos also developed a gingerbread rom based on (official) N3Net stuff and some other sources, including _funs rom. I already tried that one and it seems OK as well, apart from the screen orientation.
I did not do any further attempts myself. For me the only missing point in _funs rom is the almost always failing USB mass storage mode (when you connect it to a pc).
My last communication with _fun was about this issue and he would take a look at it. The next day he stopped.

In my ROM, screen orientation can be fixed using the old statements of fun_ those for CM7_GB.2.3.4

Code:
# Parameters patched by fun_
sensor.accelerometer.flip_xy=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=0
sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_z=0

BTW... This of missed screen of mass storage (which is solved by rebooting) seems more an android bug.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

DaremoS wrote:
In my ROM, screen orientation can be fixed using the old statements of fun_ those for CM7_GB.2.3.4

Code:
# Parameters patched by fun_
sensor.accelerometer.flip_xy=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=0
sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_z=0

Probably I did something wrong but I tried all possible combinations in combinations with the rotation options in the Cyanogenmod settings itself. If I hold the tablet in portrait mode it is always upside-down, It took me hours to work through all combinations only flashing the system image.

DaremoS wrote:
BTW... This of missed screen of mass storage (which is solved by rebooting) seems more an android bug.

Gingerbread or Cyanogenmod?
Next to that: this rebooting "solution" is mentioned in multpile boards but doesn't work at all for me: not a reboot and neither a reset.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
I found a few setings that need to be tweaked in the init.rc
Code:
    # org settings
    #setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM 5120
    #setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM 6144
    # More agressive settings
    setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM 15360
    setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM 23040

# Write value must be consistent with the above properties.
# Note that the driver only supports 6 slots, so we have combined some of
# the classes into the same memory level; the associated processes of higher
# classes will still be killed first.
    write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj 0,1,2,4,7,15

write /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory 1
    write /proc/sys/vm/min_free_order_shift 4
    # org settings   
    #write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree 1536,2048,3072,4096,5120,6144
    # More aggressive settings
    write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree 1536,2048,3072,4096,15360,23040

Simply search for the original values and update to my "more agressive setings".
These settings need to be set in my own rom to. The lowmemory killing settings are adapted that as many apps as possible fit in memory. I want to have less apps in memory and therefore much more speed.
I use this setting in all my eclair and froyo roms and simply overlooked it in this gingerbread rom.

I tried this changings in DaremoS boot.img, but now I get no more wifi connections. :(
Wlan try to connect, but broke up everytime. No error message, only "disconnected".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:26 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

JDfense wrote:
I tried this changings in DaremoS boot.img, but now I get no more wifi connections. :(
Wlan try to connect, but broke up everytime. No error message, only "disconnected".

Are you sure? Memory settings have absolutely nothing to do with wlan.
Do you still have the line "wifi.interface=wlan0" in your build.prop (default location) or in your default.prop?
This exact error also occurred in my latest eclair rom and it turned out I had a # in front of that line instead of the line above, as I meant to do.
If you miss this line, either in your build.prop or in your default.prop you get exactly this behavior.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello everyone. I have a prestigio pmp5070. It's specifications are the same as in archos HT7v.2 . Will my tablet works if I will flash it with 2.3 custom rom? (Sorry for bad English)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ddmb wrote:
Hello everyone. I have a prestigio pmp5070. It's specifications are the same as in archos HT7v.2 . Will my tablet works if I will flash it with 2.3 custom rom? (Sorry for bad English)

Please take a look at slatedroid and on http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=565.

I know that there are prestigio roms there (xda). Daremos and JDefense work on these roms. I have been in contact with them the last 1› month exchanging info.
You can't simply use the A7HTV2 rom without modifications.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
Please take a look at slatedroid and on http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=565.

I know that there are prestigio roms there (xda). Daremos and JDefense work on these roms. I have been in contact with them the last 1› month exchanging info.
You can't simply use the A7HTV2 rom without modifications.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ddmb wrote:

Prestigio pmp5070 is just rebranded archos HT7v.2. The only difference is that prestigio's CPU is clocked at 600MHz.
I own it for two weeks, I tried eclar, froyo and gingerbread hvdwolf's roms without any modifications. All of them work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:50 am 
Archos User
Archos User

don't know why but i can't seem to be able to access the sd card ... actually now I can but i had to go to settings to mount and unmount to get it working.

The only problem so far has been getting out of full screen applications, i think i need a tweak to use power to get me to home.

great work I am liking this rom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I believe it is the normal way - switch on, switch of storage.

For your second problem exists an easy solution.
Use the switch in the settings/cyanomod/ tabletsettings to force the status bar visible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just installed CM7, after the installation i messed up the calibration and now I can't even go to the menu and I can not plug the USB in.. How to fix this?

edit by roy, please dont swear even if its covered, keep all swearing to the off topic area

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:41 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

KB013 wrote:
I just installed CM7, after the installation i messed up the calibration and now I can't even go to the menu and I can not plug the USB in.. How to fix this?

1. Try to drag the power switch shortly to the left. It will pop-up the menu. Can you now access it?

2. Try via ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to access you tablet
delete the following files, if they exist, reboot, run the calibration.app, reboot again.
Code:
/data/misc/pointercal
/data/misc/idc/*

3. If 1 and 2 fail: Use AndroidBatchUpgrade to flash a new rom image to your tablet using the How to unbrick your A7HT Version 2 wiki article.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:25 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Suspending - it's doing my head in.

I start the archos7 do something once it's booted (or not if i'm say on my netbook waiting for it to boot) and if i then leave it for a short time the screen goes black and i can't get it to go back on to the desktop or the last used app.

so i'm ending up having to use a pin to press the reset button. It really is making the device ... annoying.

any suggestions how i can wake it without jamming a pin in its side?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:09 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bknight wrote:
Suspending - it's doing my head in.

I start the archos7 do something once it's booted (or not if i'm say on my netbook waiting for it to boot) and if i then leave it for a short time the screen goes black and i can't get it to go back on to the desktop or the last used app.

so i'm ending up having to use a pin to press the reset button. It really is making the device ... annoying.

any suggestions how i can wake it without jamming a pin in its side?

disable "Screen-on/off animation" in CyanogenMod settings. (See here)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:35 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Thanks hvdwolf that does the trick.
Any suggestions for a really good media player for the 7. I'm trying to find something with support for a lot of video formats.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next