Forum.ArchosFans.com
http://forum.archosfans.com/

custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=57534
Page 10 of 11

Author:  Cyberpunk [ Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

JDfense

Yeah, there were no tabs. "Downloaded", "Running", "All" and "On SD Card" tabs weren't there. It was like my 5it with 1.6 Donut, just "Manage Apps" showing a list of apps and that was it. And only like 5 or 6 apps showing. I think now it may have been because I forgot to do a reset (pinhole in back) after flashing the rom. Birdie's instruction said to always do a reset after flashing, otherwise sometimes runs unstable or things don't show up that are supposed to be there. That was probably it. No needs for it now though. His 2.2 Froyo is working flawlessly.

Author:  JDfense [ Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

Cyberpunk wrote:
JDfense

Yeah, there were no tabs. "Downloaded", "Running", "All" and "On SD Card" tabs weren't there. It was like my 5it with 1.6 Donut, just "Manage Apps" showing a list of apps and that was it. And only like 5 or 6 apps showing. I think now it may have been because I forgot to do a reset (pinhole in back) after flashing the rom. Birdie's instruction said to always do a reset after flashing, otherwise sometimes runs unstable or things don't show up that are supposed to be there. That was probably it. No needs for it now though. His 2.2 Froyo is working flawlessly.


Okay, then never change a running system, but after the flashing it is in most cases no reset necessary - only a reboot is often useful for market etc. When you need a reset, then flashing was not complete sucessful.

Author:  antilag [ Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

hi, first thank you for your work.
i saw some languages are missing in the rom (are'nt visible in the browser and in the applications)
for instance the Hebrew language.
is there a way to add it back.

thanks

EDIT: i could copy new fonts but system is read only and that why i'm not able to do it.

Author:  hvdwolf [ Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

antilag wrote:
hi, first thank you for your work.
i saw some languages are missing in the rom (are'nt visible in the browser and in the applications)
for instance the Hebrew language.
is there a way to add it back.

thanks

EDIT: i could copy new fonts but system is read only and that why i'm not able to do it.

As the rom is a read-only rom, you can't add new stuff to it.
Language support (translations) is not part of the fonts structure. The fonts are necessary to display the language.
The language support itself is in the "zoneinfo" part which is located in /usr/share.
However, you can't use the latest ICS zoneinfo onto froyo or gingerbread as the strings to be translated differ. You need to get the latest gingerbread translations and put these in the gingerbread rom. (I managed to get these for froyo from a russian user who needed oekrain (or something like that, I can't remember exactly) but who didn't know how to implement it in a rom. That's why my last froyo rom supports more languages.)

I don't have these files for gingerbread. Next to that: As I don't have a (working) home tablet anymore, I won't build new roms.

Author:  games247 [ Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

I have installed this firmware on my 7 HT v2 and the video playing performance is terrible.

It stutters on every file I have tried so far!

I have followed the tweaks in the first post but so far it has not been a good experience, are there any other tips to improve matters.

Also, what video player would you recommend for this platform?

Thanks

Games247

Author:  JDfense [ Thu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

1. Try flashing again the rom.
2. I would recommend the mobo player for video.

Author:  hiph0px13 [ Thu May 24, 2012 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

i had this gingerbread, its good but i want it back to froyo, but the problem is it cannot detect the updated.img, i pasted the updated.img to the root of archos but it doesn't work or detect. what should i do? pls reply asap.

Author:  games247 [ Thu May 24, 2012 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

hiph0px13 wrote:
i had this gingerbread, its good but i want it back to froyo, but the problem is it cannot detect the updated.img, i pasted the updated.img to the root of archos but it doesn't work or detect. what should i do? pls reply asap.


you need to use the gscript for flashing from either card or internal memory. See post 1 for details!

Author:  hiph0px13 [ Thu May 24, 2012 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

i've just did that, but GScript cannot detect the .sh file.

Author:  games247 [ Thu May 24, 2012 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

hiph0px13 wrote:
i've just did that, but GScript cannot detect the .sh file.


Add it via the gscript gui, pointing to the sh file on the file system.
Copy the complete gscript folder inside the zip file with it contents to the sdcard. If you don't have an sdcard copy the folder to your internal memory (/mnt/nand).

you need to download the firmware again to get the gscript directory if you did not copy it before.

Post 1 covers all this, re-read and follow step by step and it will work.

I have done it twice now.

Author:  hiph0px13 [ Thu May 24, 2012 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

okay. i downloaded it again, hope it will work. ill try it again, by the way thanks for now. :)

Author:  games247 [ Thu May 24, 2012 3:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

No worries!

Author:  bjoern [ Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

Hey hvdwolf

Many thanks for your work on this.
I installed your gingerbread-rom and it works very cool and very smooth - except the calibration.
I'm not able to calibrate my screen correctly.
I used the installed calibration-tool several times, but it has no effect. The calibration simply doesn't make any changes.

Has anyone an idea, what is going wrong there?

Many thanks

Author:  aleste2 [ Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

Is there any port of the 7htv2_gingerbread.06 for the 7C?

Author:  hvdwolf [ Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

bjoern wrote:
Hey hvdwolf

Many thanks for your work on this.
I installed your gingerbread-rom and it works very cool and very smooth - except the calibration.
I'm not able to calibrate my screen correctly.
I used the installed calibration-tool several times, but it has no effect. The calibration simply doesn't make any changes.

Has anyone an idea, what is going wrong there?

Many thanks

That's how it started with my tablet and it got worse and worse until my screen didn't work for about 30% which makes it completely unusable.
Luckily I had my settings backuped with titanium so I could restore my calibration the first 6 months after problems started showing up.

Author:  KARKAS [ Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

;) Hey "hvdwolf" !
Many thanks for your work on this. I installed your gingerbread with calibration
and it works very cool.But I can not chenge the "R/W" to "R/O".Help! :(

Author:  lars1216 [ Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

i just bought this device, and i tried to download this gingerbread software. but when i click the link in the op it says the file isnt online anymore. so could anyone give me a link where i can download it or maybe reupload it for me?

thanks in advance.

Author:  hvdwolf [ Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

As the mediafire links were outdated and and as it seems that they are removed every 6 months, I uploaded the rom to my public dropbox location.
I only had the 7htv2_gingerbread.06_calibrate.zip version left.
See the very first post for an update.

Author:  tykew [ Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

Anyone tried this custom ROM on ARCHOS 70 internet tablet? Should i use this one? Thx for advice.

Author:  hvdwolf [ Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: custom rom Gingerbread 2.3.7: 7htv2_gingerbread.06

tykew wrote:
Anyone tried this custom ROM on ARCHOS 70 internet tablet? Should i use this one? Thx for advice.

No, don't use it. The 70 IT has it's own custom roms.

Page 10 of 11 All times are UTC+01:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/