Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:28 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi first of let me say thank you for this rom it is nice :) tho is there any eta on having the volume buttons added

thanks
wayne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
hvdwolf wrote:
Are you really sure your tablet is compatible with the A7 HTV2? If not, you will brick your tablet. If you know how to unbrick your tablet you could give it a shot. However, I think the KANG version is the same as my gingerbread.05.

Next to that: I might release a new gingerbread in the coming two weeks, no longer based on _fun's work as he stopped some time ago. I'm currently testing.

I thought I read about the compatability in a german forum. But if the two versions are (nearly) the same...
The KANG version seems to be quite good, but the "wake up in stand by - bug" is annoying. Tried some tips like switching off the clock widget but it doesn't work for me. Is this "bug" also in gingerbread.05 version?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would not try it with the hole hvdwolf rom to flash on onetab. Better take the system.img and boot.img and combine it with the onetab stock rom kernel, misc and recovery.
Better careful, so learn first to repack a rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... tcount=404

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi hvdwolf,
you are planning a new gingerbread. Very nice. Are there more details about this new gingerbread for your archos tablet? 8)

JDfense :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

JDfense wrote:
Hi hvdwolf,
you are planning a new gingerbread. Very nice. Are there more details about this new gingerbread for your archos tablet? 8)

JDfense :lol:

It's going to be a slightly modified Daremos I think. I think the latest daremos roms with all the enhancements the xda team is developing on xda is nice, stable and nicely optimized: so when I use one of that roms I will give "the team" all the credits they deserve. I still want to have a look at the "soft" volume buttons that are missing in GB.
I also did a series of benchmark tests which I will share.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi hvdwolf,
I'm curious about your improvements. We have still some issues in there. We could use all the help you can give us as an old android nerd :D, who works complete under linux.
Greetings from an amateur cook
JDfense

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

JDfense wrote:
Hi hvdwolf,
I'm curious about your improvements. We have still some issues in there. We could use all the help you can give us as an old android nerd :D, who works complete under linux.
Greetings from an amateur cook
JDfense

Oh come on, don't be too modest. You are not an amateur cook, not more than me anyway. You are by now an experienced cook. I just started about 9 months earlier. That's the whole point of being called a guru: just try and try and being only one step ahead and after some time (and some time out the last 2 months) you noticed that someone has passed you and is now walking one step ahead. Please note that I mention "being called a guru", I don't consider myself a guru. I'm just an experienced technical IT guy.
Just building a straight-forward rom is kind of easy, but when it comes to tweaking I'm also just experimenting by trial and error, google a lot and hope to get further and sometimes you get a nice idea like using the froyo adbd instead of the gingerbread adbd to "solve" the usb mass storage issue (at least on my A7HTV2).

My "enhancements" is just trying out some ideas by trial and error, brick your tablet about 10 times and finally hope they work: nothing more, nothing less.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm shure with the amateur, maybe on the long way to an advanced cook with some dev knowledge. I have to learn more about linux and the code lines.Thats the difference. Until now I understand only bit more than copy and paste on the right position.
It is good to learn in groups and to share. It gets you faster to the goal: The best rom as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

I am new to this forum, i have got this ROM and installed on my new a70bht. Thanks for the rom. The performance is not very good. i got this tablet to put some games on and give it to my kid for playing but not even one game playing on this at all. i think i might need to sell it, unless if anyone kindly help me to achieve what i wanted to do. Please tell me any tweaks or something. i have already installed zeam launcher. which seemed to be a bit better but still can't play any games. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Minstercourt, I would say your tablet is too weak for games. RK2818 tablets are not suitable for games.
You can play some small and simple card games or board games, etc. - more is not possible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

JDfence, Thanks for the quick reply, i will get rid of it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey everyone, Im just giving this ROM ago. I tried the "Eclair Custom ROM" first but its seemed really unstable on my 7HTv2 and the market didnt seem to be as good as other markets (not sure if I had done something wrong there)

So thought I would give this ROM a go see if its what I want, however, I cant seem to find the market icon?? Any ideas??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

RustyH,
Try first to check in your google account over the settings and reboot. Maybe this could help.
Or flash the rom again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

found it, you were right, it was a google setup issue. Market is on there loud and clear now. Thank you :)

Time to see if this is the ROM for me :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey guys,

Just though I would post some initial feedback had this installed for half the day so far and having quite a few issues with stability. Main issue is waking up up after leaving it for a short time, it just stays on a black screen. If I move the power button to lock and off again, I get a shite flash but still stuck on black screen. This is quite frequent. have done all the recommended tweaks, but no change.

Also, IÔÇÖve had a number of programs simply crash and the home screen reappears.

Just my comments if of any help

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would reflash it, but use before the rkandroidtool1.23 to erase IDB, than flash again with rkbatchupgradetool1.23.
The wake up issue, called sleep of death(SOD) is a problem that I know on my tablet odys genesis too, but there seemed to be more users out there, who had no problems with the fun_stuff based hvdwolf rom.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi JDfense, Thank you for the help, will give it a go.

So rather than install it as an update, I just flash is via rkandroidtool??

How do you erase the IDB??

Cheers

Russ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Here is a description from stevemp from xda for other RK2818 tablets

http://www.mediafire.com/?a2wgkzbuogv7fif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi JDfense,

I couldnt find any notes about how to do the IDB erase, however I understand that you have to use the Androidtool. The interface is new to me so do I just connect up my 7HT and click erase IDB or do I need to select a few options first??

Cheers

Russ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok, I took the assumption of to erase the IDB its as simple of clicking "erase IDB" in the rkandriodtool and that you do not need to select any of the radio buttons etc.

I have now just installed the gingerbread ROM using the batchupgrade v1.23 program (rather than as an update file placed on the 7HT).

So I will try and again and see if it behaves a little better.

Cheers

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next