Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:59 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Disclaimer: You apply this firmware on your own risk. This rom is fairly stable but remember it is a beta. I don't guarantee it works for you. This firmware is only for the A7HT Version 2!

Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 custom rom: 7htv2_gingerbread.06.
Changelog for this rom:
    - Based upon DareSuperChargeSMP: a Daremos, Stevemp and JDefense rom (many thanks go to them for their work, see this XDA-thread), it's only partly based upon fun_'s work. I only made some minor changes.
    - USB mass storage mode solved (simply by using the froyo adbd from my froyo rom).
    - Rom contains both ADW Launcher and Zeam launcher.
    - Added "file manager" instead of other file managers. It has root explorer and network share functions as well.
    - Gscript preinstalled. Use the scripts inside the downloaded zip in case you want to flash your tablet again. See Gscript section at the bottom of this post.
    - Installed Gmail, google Maps & Streetview, Titanium Backup, file manager, youtube player, connectbot, adobe reader, fbreader and Quickpic as non system apps. This means that they can be uninstalled if you don't want them.
    - USBModeSwitch added. This app let's you easily switch between "normal" USB mode and "host" mode.
    - Generally: apks updated in the rom when relevant.

Downloads:
Update 12 Nov 2012: - Mediafire links outdated. Uploaded the 7htv2_gingerbread.06_calibrate image to my public dropbox. I only had the calibrate version left.
The "original" daremos rom comes without calibration. Probably that works on his tablet but my tablet works pretty inaccurate without calibration. If you experience the same then download and install the 7htv2_gingerbread.06_calibrate version. My tablet is now accurately calibrated again.

= Unofficial CyanogenMod 7 Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 custom rom: 7htv2_gingerbread.05.
Changelog for this rom:
    - Hardware decode video now works! (thanks _fun)
    - Updated to latest Titanium backup.
    - Market set back to 2.3.6 as the 3.1.x versions don't synchronize correctly. Removed MarketUpdater.apk so that Market can't be updated to badly functioning 3.1.x

= Unofficial CyanogenMod 7 Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 custom rom: 7htv2_gingerbread.04.
Changelog for this rom:
- This rom is only a bugfix for the .03 rom where wifi did not work correctly. It is further 100% identical to the .03 rom.

= Unofficial CyanogenMod 7 Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 custom rom: 7htv2_gingerbread.03.
Origin of this rom: see xda-developers forum and Androtab.info. Thanks goes to _fun/naosb who developed and compiled this Gingerbread rom.

What works and what doesn't work: See above two links.

Changelog for this rom (and previous two roms):
    - Includes Google apps.
    - Added new recovery image for semi-automatic (re)flashing (see below).
    - Added scripts for semi-automatic (re)flashing.
    - Set correct accelerometer settings.
    - Added scripts for host USB mode (see below).
    - Updated Titanium to latest version 4.5.1
    - Updated Superuser.apk and su to latest 3.0.2 version.
    - Updated Market to latest version 3.1.5. It seems that the new market doesn't need the market fix.
    - Updated Gmail to latest version.
    - Installed latest hosts file from mvps.

Must do's
CyanogenMod settings -> screen -> screen-on and screen-off animation -> Off (Otherwise your screen may go/stay black after suspend and you might need to reset your tablet)
CyanogenMod settings -> screen -> 180 degrees -> On (Otherwise your landcsape mode in "upside-down" position doesn't work)

Fullscreen
Enable the options in CM Setting.
    - Trick to get out of fullscreens apps/games without the exit function.
    - You can enable the "Home", "Menu", "Back" function to the power down screen.
    - Go to CyanogenMod settings, Tablet tweaks, Choose Power Menu Buttons.

USB host mode
USB mode works but not from the Settings menu. Use the scripts "usb2hostmode.sh" and "usb2normalmode.sh" (see Gscript below)

Tweaks (Via Settings).
CyanogenMod settings -> Performance -> Enable surface dithering -> Off
CyanogenMod settings -> Tablet tweaks -> Disable fullscreen -> On
ADWLauncher -> Screen preferences -> Wallpaper Scrolling -> Off
ADWLauncher -> Drawer Settings -> Animated Drawer -> Off
ADWLauncher -> Drawer Settings -> Fade app labels -> Off
Sound -> Haptic feedback -> Off
Display -> Animation -> No animations
Language & keyboard -> Android keyboard -> Popup on keypress -> Off

Flashing back to Stock or other Custom ROM
After you've updated to this ROM the normal "Copy update.img to SDCard/internal memory" doesn't work. However, there is a "semi-automatic" reflash via two scripts: "flashfromintmem.sh" and "flashfromsdcard.sh". Simply copy the new update.img to your internal memory or your sdcard and run one of the scripts from Gscript (see below). The scripts come in a separate folder in the zip which you downloaded.

Gscript
Gscript is an application that enables you to run shell scripts on your android device without having to go to and work in a terminal. Gscript is added to this ROM.
To be able to use scripts from Gscript you do the following after having flashed your device.
To start with: Copy the complete gscript folder inside the zip file with it contents to the sdcard. If you don't have an sdcard copy the folder to your internal memory (/mnt/nand).
    * On the tablet open Gscript.
    * touch the menu (settings) button.
    * Select add script.
    * Select load file and select the script you want to use.
    * Set checkbox "Needs Su?".
    * Select "Save".
repeat this for the other scripts.
If you want to add your own scripts you copy them into the gscript folder on your sdcard. If you don't have an sdcard copy them to the gscript folder in your internal memory. Note that they need to have the .sh extension. Go through steps 1-6 to add your own script(s).
Note: Gscript adds the scripts to it's own data structure in /data. It leaves the original scripts untouched.

Last edited by hvdwolf on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 20 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

still no hardware accelerated video?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:35 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tanell wrote:
still no hardware accelerated video?

Nope! That's my following test subject.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks. I did install this (via the RK2818blaster program) and it worked well. The only problem I've had is getting my wifi to work with dhcp. I finally gave up and am using static which will work from my own router, but will be an issue should I wish to take it anywhere else.

Of course, it's always possible this is my local router's problem. Just checking in to see if anyone else have seen the same type of issue.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:08 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You are both right. I have the same issue and I don't know why. It sounds stupid off course, but it did work.
I'll check it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
You are both right. I have the same issue and I don't know why. It sounds stupid off course, but it did work.
I'll check it.

There are 13 files missing!I I don't know why but I will create a new build.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
There are 13 files missing!I I don't know why but I will create a new build.

I created a new .04 rom where wifi absolutely works. See first post.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you for your work, hvdwolf. Is it possible in the future, for all your roms, not to integrate the titanium backup, because I have the paid version and I can`t override the installed version. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:14 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

neo120 wrote:
Thank you for your work, hvdwolf. Is it possible in the future, for all your roms, not to integrate the titanium backup, because I have the paid version and I can`t override the installed version. Thanks.

Hadn't thought of that. --removed rest--

EDIT: Just uploaded a noTB standard and lazy rom.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:09 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Jaker wrote:
First, let me thank you for all your hard work, that is very much appreciated! 8)
I have a Archos 7 Home Tablet v2 (promotion at "the Phonehouse"). At the moment I have flashed it with your rom "7htv2_froyo.15". Now I saw this topic and I now I have some questions for you:

1. With which rom wil I get the most out of my tablet: the froyo version or the gingerbread?
2. Which of these 2 roms will run the most stable on my tablet?

Technically the gingerbread is a beta but so far I didn't encounter any issues, so it's stable on my tablet.
There is only one difference. So far, the gingerbread doesn't have hardware enabled video decoding meaning that you can't play videos on your tablet. If that's what you want, stick to the froyo rom.
If you don't care about video you can just as well take the gingerbread. That's completely up to you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can anyone help me with getting my archos 7 ht v2 in to usb mass storage mode ive tried everything but just cant do it. i want to froyo back on it so that i can watch videos but am really struggling PLEASE HELP.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:03 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

presswell66 wrote:
Can anyone help me with getting my archos 7 ht v2 in to usb mass storage mode ive tried everything but just cant do it. i want to froyo back on it so that i can watch videos but am really struggling PLEASE HELP.

This is indeed an annoying issue with the gingerbread rom. After a few times when you want to go to usb mode, the launcher overrules the usb screen.
To overcome this is to "initialize" your tablet by resetting it. Then your usb mass storage option works again (some time).

And otherwise: Did you consider to remove your sdcard and write the image to the sdcard from your pc via a cardreader?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you for your help i have just got a card reader that fits the micro sd card so i will give that a go. Once again thanks for your help. Sorry one last thing where can i find the flash from sd card script for gscript?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:32 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

presswell66 wrote:
Thank you for your help i have just got a card reader that fits the micro sd card so i will give that a go. Once again thanks for your help. Sorry one last thing where can i find the flash from sd card script for gscript?

In the zip you will find a folder gscript containing the scripts. Copy it to your sdcard as the first post explains, see also there for further info.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for all your help everything is working now. Sorry i was looking in the file manager on the archos for it. Is there going to be an update of this rom where the video player runs soon as i really like this software?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:33 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

presswell66 wrote:
Thanks for all your help everything is working now. Sorry i was looking in the file manager on the archos for it. Is there going to be an update of this rom where the video player runs soon as i really like this software?

I really don't know. There is one developer working on this and a couple of modders like myself trying to get things going. Currently nobody knows exactly why it doesn't function.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

[/quote]
I really don't know. There is one developer working on this and a couple of modders like myself trying to get things going. Currently nobody knows exactly why it doesn't function.[/quote]

well you've all done a good job so far and thanks for all your help.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I flashed the image but many things do not work properly (YouTube, video player). I'm trying to return to the previous image but my Vista USB driver does not work.

Where could I get a correct driver?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

VAbram wrote:
I flashed the image but many things do not work properly (YouTube, video player). I'm trying to return to the previous image but my Vista USB driver does not work.

Where could I get a correct driver?

Did the driver install correctly? Did you read the unbrick article/watch the video?