Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok so i went into cyanogen mod settings then application and checked use internal storage now i get the notifaction about the usb i enable it and me pc now sees the tablet but not right still all i see and can asesss is drive n the other dirve o is there but i get please insert disk into drive o error in drive n i see the following two folders

.android_secure
LOST.DIR

both are empty pls help thank you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

coline69 wrote:
Hmm what version ROM are you using??

the latest one added by hvdwolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hmm im using the same ROM and i dont have the "Use Internal Storage" checked, so uncheck it if you have an SD card inserted.

Drive n is the internal storage, your drive o will be the sd card.

There was an app included in the ROM call USBmodeswitch, run that and if there is a tick in the USB Host mode box, un-tick it, then go through the process of connecting the USB cable and dragging down the notification bar again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
Hmm im using the same ROM and i dont have the "Use Internal Storage" checked, so uncheck it if you have an SD card inserted.

doing that i dont get anything in the notfaction bar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

could it be that i always use the rkandroid tool when flashing?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Have you not got the USBmodeswitch app that came with the ROM as part of the already installed app's??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yes i have that but it is already disabled host moode is

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

update i have it working now dont know how are what was wrong but i always use the rk androd tool to flash maybe the issue is there?

so i went back to froyo using rk tool then usb worked so i just copy the update img for cm7 gb onto the tablet unpluged the usb got the update message installed it connected to my pc still nothing

done this
Quote:
ok so i went into cyanogen mod settings then application and checked use internal storage

restarted and bingo it now shows it properly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

for those who need the volume buttons button saviour pro does the job just right the free version works aswell you just cant disable the other buttons

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey hvdwolf!

I'm really loving your om but i've got a slight problem.
Afetr installing the gingerbread rom the market doesn't show up in my applicationsin zeam launcher but it does in adw but it doesn't boot. Did a reflash with rk batch upgrade same problem! Can you please help me is this a rom related problem or a tablet related problem.

Greets a avid user of your roms!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

vexor wrote:
Afetr installing the gingerbread rom the market doesn't show up in my applicationsin zeam launcher but it does in adw but it doesn't boot. Did a reflash with rk batch upgrade same problem! Can you please help me is this a rom related problem or a tablet related problem.

Currently working on a new froyo rom, so I can't and don't want to check.
What I vaguely remember is that I once didn't see the market in zeam launcher, "did something else", needed to reboot the tablet and then Market was there. At that moment I just thought I had missed it but it might be the same issue you are now having.
Did you reboot and check?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yeah rebooted and same problem... But hey i'll use an aftermarket market so long you're working on the froyo rom! Good luck with that! We're all appreciating your work!

Greetz vexor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am currently using HvdW's laters GB rom and it works fine, no issues, really smooth and no Market problems. I too use RKAndroidBatchUpgrade to flash my Archos.
So cant see it being a rom problem.

HvdW, any chance of a Honeycomb rom??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

coline69 wrote:
I am currently using HvdW's laters GB rom and it works fine, no issues, really smooth and no Market problems. I too use RKAndroidBatchUpgrade to flash my Archos.
So cant see it being a rom problem.

HvdW, any chance of a Honeycomb rom??

I really have no idea. I didn't come across one for RK2818 devices, but I hardly looked to be honest.
If you, or one of the other forum users find a Honecomb rom for RK2818 devices then please report so.

I'm not a programmer/developer. I can't compile my own honeycomb based upon the Android source.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:59 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Ok, so I havn't played with my 7v2 since a year ago or so and it had an old Birdie Eclair or Froyo (can't remember which) and although this old Birdie rom has always been fast and smooth I decided to try some of this newer candy. Tried a couple of GB's and while they worked my 7 was just too slow and jerky for me. Then I discovered none of my videos/movies played correctly. Tried 4 different players. Not good. Tried a couple latest Froyo's and much smoother and videos worked but I noticed the soft volume didn't work correctly. Move the slider and no diff. Either mute or full volume. Ok, I tried Wolf's last Eclair from Dec and poof! Fast, smooth as silk, videos/movies play perfectly, pics load at warp speed, sweet! I don't know but I guess my 7 doesn't like anything but Eclair. Like an idiot I trashed all my previous roms because they were old and now I don't know exactly which Birdie rom it had. I guess it don't matter now that this Wolf Eclair tastes totally sweet. Freaking Google with their lack of continuity and lack of backwards compatibility. No biggy 'cuz the only real major down I can see is not being able to use some newer apps and lack a couple features here and there. "Oh sorry, only works with 2.2 or 2.3 and above!" "Sorry, only works with Peanut Butter or Chocolate Cake!" Don't know where Birdie went but Wolf is still at it. You rom gods are all gentlemen and scholars! Thanks much for your hours of tech work!

Update:
For some reason I can't download anything from the Market. Goes through the motions and then says "download unsuccessful" every time. And stuff won't show up in Market, like search for Dolphin Mini and no such app. ](*,)

Update:
I went back to Birdi's 1.04 rom I had originally and again runs smooth and fast but Market still doesn't work right so it must be because I need to install a newer Market app.

Last edited by Cyberpunk on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:53 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks a lot hvdwolf for this very good rom !
But I would like temporarily to return to the factory's rom and I found a small bug in "flashfromintmem.sh" which doesn't work.
Busybox was installed in /system/xbin and not in /system/bin. I just changed the first line with Gscipt => Edit :
#!/system/bin/busybox sh => #!/system/xbin/busybox sh
Save
Recovery works well ! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Cyberpunk wrote:
Ok, so I havn't played with my 7v2 since a year ago or so and it had an old Birdie Eclair or Froyo (can't remember which) and although this old Birdie rom has always been fast and smooth I decided to try some of this newer candy. Tried a couple of GB's and while they worked my 7 was just too slow and jerky for me. Then I discovered none of my videos/movies played correctly. Tried 4 different players. Not good. Tried a couple latest Froyo's and much smoother and videos worked but I noticed the soft volume didn't work correctly. Move the slider and no diff. Either mute or full volume. Ok, I tried Wolf's last Eclair from Dec and poof! Fast, smooth as silk, videos/movies play perfectly, pics load at warp speed, sweet! I don't know but I guess my 7 doesn't like anything but Eclair. Like an idiot I trashed all my previous roms because they were old and now I don't know exactly which Birdie rom it had. I guess it don't matter now that this Wolf Eclair tastes totally sweet. Freaking Google with their lack of continuity and lack of backwards compatibility. No biggy 'cuz the only real major down I can see is not being able to use some newer apps and lack a couple features here and there. "Oh sorry, only works with 2.2 or 2.3 and above!" "Sorry, only works with Peanut Butter or Chocolate Cake!" Don't know where Birdie went but Wolf is still at it. You rom gods are all gentlemen and scholars! Thanks much for your hours of tech work!

Update:
For some reason I can't download anything from the Market. Goes through the motions and then says "download unsuccessful" every time. And stuff won't show up in Market, like search for Dolphin Mini and no such app. ](*,)

Update:
I went back to Birdi's 1.04 rom I had originally and again runs smooth and fast but Market still doesn't work right so it must be because I need to install a newer Market app.

I think, you have the typical market issue.
Go in settings/applications
delete data from googleserviceframework and stopp app then
delete cache and data from market, then stopp market,
finally reboot and to access market again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:22 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

JDfense wrote:
I think, you have the typical market issue.
Go in settings/applications
delete data from googleserviceframework and stopp app then
delete cache and data from market, then stopp market,
finally reboot and to access market again.

Tried that but there is no Google Services Framework in the Apps section. There is no Google Market listed there either. But now, for some reason, I'm able to download from Market. Although it seems bare bones as there is much missing.

I just updated my GMail on my 7 and a whole bunch of stuff just showed up but only under the Zeam Launcher's "Manage Apps" menu, not in the Archos Settings "Manage Apps" menu! Don't understand that one. Market seems to be working much better now but Google Services Framework still doesn't show up anywhere. Maybe I need to find a current Google Apps APK for Archos and install it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:57 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Ok, none of this matters any more. I flashed BirdieBNL's most recent 2.2 Froyo rom and for the first time I've got an after 2.1 rom that's smooth, fast and with no video, audio or market issues at all. I can even move further away from my wireless router and not lose connection. This rom is solid. Breathed new life into my 7. Not only that but the new Google Play (Market) automatically updated and installed. This is freaking sweet! \:D/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Cyberpunk wrote:
Ok, none of this matters any more. I flashed BirdieBNL's most recent 2.2 Froyo rom and for the first time I've got an after 2.1 rom that's smooth, fast and with no video, audio or market issues at all. I can even move further away from my wireless router and not lose connection. This rom is solid. Breathed new life into my 7. Not only that but the new Google Play (Market) automatically updated and installed. This is freaking sweet! \:D/

Sorry, I'm not often in this thread, because I have a 8.4'' rk2818 tablet. My thread is on XDA.
The reason why you don't find GoogleServiceFramework is, that you have to look under settings/applications/Manage applications/All.
Without GoogleServiceFramework your rom would show some bad side effects. Believe the file is in. :)

And I'm neither a hacker nor an android developer, I'm a social worker and amateur rom cooker, doctor cyberpunk. 8)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next