Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 811 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:53 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bknight wrote:
Thanks hvdwolf that does the trick.
Any suggestions for a really good media player for the 7. I'm trying to find something with support for a lot of video formats.

I use meridian free player, but moboplayer works fine too. Both support external subtitles. Support for video and audio codecs is derived from what is delivered with the rom.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:14 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

moboplayer seems to be the best of the 2 but has to switch to software decoding to play some of my files. now to find the best dlna client / server :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Does running gingerbread mean a loss of hardware support for some video formats?
I imagine that the additional codec packages which archos offer wouldnt work on gingerbread
would they work on a customised archos rom either?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:55 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bknight wrote:
Does running gingerbread mean a loss of hardware support for some video formats?
I imagine that the additional codec packages which archos offer wouldnt work on gingerbread
would they work on a customised archos rom either?

Look for yourself.
My froyo rom (Birdibienl's froyo rom contains the same libs):
Code:
libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_ac3dec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_avcenc_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_dradec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_dtsdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_flv1dec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_m2vdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_m4venc_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_radec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_rmdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_wavdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_wmadec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_wmvdec_sharedlibrary.so

Gingerbread.05:
Code:
libomx_aacdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_ac3dec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_amrdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_amrenc_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_avcdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_avcenc_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_cmmbaacdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_dradec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_dtsdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_flv1dec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_m4venc_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_mp3dec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_radec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_rmdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_tvavcdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_wavdec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_wmadec_sharedlibrary.so
libomx_wmvdec_sharedlibrary.so

Some minor differences but the most important ones are there.

I need to do some testing myself. Archos sells the mpeg2 (m2v) and AC3 codec, but they both seem to be available in my froyo rom. The gingerbread also contains ac3 but doesn't contain the mpeg2 codec.
I never use mpeg2/AC3 on my archos. Way too bulky.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:43 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Interesting, is it a lack of space or personal preference that you don't include the mpeg2?
I guess a typical mpeg2 film would be around 4gb which is a lot to put on an sdcard.

My satellite box records to a usb drive using mpeg2 (there are 2 types one of which only plays in sync on the satellite box and the other which can play anywhere). Anything I am likely to record and want to hold on to for a while is going to be in mpeg 2 (I have 2.5tb of storage on my nas). I know I could transcode it but it's a bit much just for a tv show.

so far mx player on the 101 seems to be the best player on that, unfortunately it doesn't stand a chance on the archos 7 playing the same files seems to just be "buffering" the stream.
I think the key difference is the 101 has a dual core processor and mx player uses both cores on the archos 7 it needs to download a codec module.

still looking for a dlna app with filtering thou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:26 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bknight wrote:
Interesting, is it a lack of space or personal preference that you don't include the mpeg2?

No, that has nothing to do with it. Within froyo both birdiebnl and I managed to find froyo libraries along the way and included them in the rom.
The gingerbread rom comes without mpeg2 and I simply didin't check other roms for a working mpeg2 lib. And that's again simply because the mpeg4 ASP and mpeg4 AVC codec are so much better.
Currently there are no developments on the gingerbread rom. For that reason it's silent now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just installed Bull CM7 Gingerbread to my Gen8 Archose. I keep hearing a clicking noise when it's in sleep mode. Is this a known problem with this Rom? Is there a way to fix it? Just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

cstuckey56 wrote:
I just installed Bull CM7 Gingerbread to my Gen8 Archose. I keep hearing a clicking noise when it's in sleep mode. Is this a known problem with this Rom? Is there a way to fix it? Just curious.

You are on the wrong subforum. Please check one of the Gen8 archos subforums. We don't have experience with Gen8.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi! First post :-) Nice to see someone that is working on CM7 for RK2818. I Cooked some ROM for a couple of Swedish sold RK2818 tablets with HVDWolfs, and Fun_'s work. I think that was awesome work of both of you. Of course there are some problems but for me it mostly works ok now I think (except some apps, and gmail (most annyoing).
I solved the USB connection problem with an app found on market (ugly solution but worked). I had the same problem as you, it worked first boot then it just flashed and never mounted... My guess then was that it was some sort of GUI problem. I then downloaded the Automount app on market, checked automount USB storage on that and then it was 100% always mounting on my Windows computer. My guess is that its some sort of problem with the xml file that is used to make the GUI or somesort of CM7 clash with 2.3.7.

So one ugly solutions would be to inject the ROM with the app (as I did) and inject the ROM with preference file (with automount checked) for the app (have not done that yet).

Also got the problem with wake up intervalls (5 mins?) not too bad but I guess it drains some battery...

Anyway would like to thank you again HVDWolf, awesome work!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
Downloads:
- 7htv2_gingerbread.05 or 7htv2_gingerbread.05-noTB.
The noTB version is without TitaniumBackup.

Since Kim Dotcom is jailed do you have another host for downloads than megaupload?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

cybersxm wrote:
hvdwolf wrote:
Downloads:
- 7htv2_gingerbread.05 or 7htv2_gingerbread.05-noTB.
The noTB version is without TitaniumBackup.

Since Kim Dotcom is jailed do you have another host for downloads than megaupload?

fileserve.com (bottom one) still works

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After playing with different FWs I have to say this one is the best. It's stable, fast and even good looking. The only little disadvantage is the boot time is quite long. Thank you hvdwolf for great work!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just installed this rom on my Mom's 7v2, it installed and boots fine. However, when I hook it up to the computer, The archos doesn't give me the usb connect option. Please help. I am running Win 7 x64 and have both ext2fsd and ext2ifs installed. The computer connects to my 5it and was connecting to the 7 v2 with 7htv2_froyo.17-normal installed yesterday. The problem is that the 7 v2 doesn't give me the connect to usb notification. :? :? Please help.

TIA,
John

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yes, is a known problem.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have successfully flashed this FW on my device and everything is good!

However the only reason I flashed to this FW was the hope of added driver support for a USB barcode scanner.

This however is not the case.

If I attach a USB keyboard everything works fine, the keyboard works fine.
If I plug the Scanner into the tablet if starts up and I am able to scan barcodes however no data is "written" in the textfield I am in on the tablet. The scanner emulates a keyboard and when plugged in the tablet also "sees" a keyboard.

So is it possible to add a driver to this FW???

Look forward to your replies ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Link for European and Russian Fan's.
Yandex Narod download

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

knightrider wrote:
Link for European and Russian Fan's.
Yandex Narod download

On your request I uploaded the zips to mediafire to make it accessaible again to everyone and now you post another link where you supposedly uploaded my roms to. Why did you do that?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Now it is a russian rom. :evil: :lol:

Btw last time I checked parts of Russia are in europe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there,

just got my first tablet few days ago, primally to see if it works for me. It's a 4G Systems OneTab.
I updated the tablet with the firmware CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RK2818-KANG, which works so far so good for me, besides the "standby-wakeup-bug".
So I'd also like to try the firmware from hvdwolf (7htv2_gingerbread.05).
Can I use the update.img from Post 1 with the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade-Tool or is this only possible if I already have a prior firmware of hvdwolf on my device?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ardeo79 wrote:
Hi there,

just got my first tablet few days ago, primally to see if it works for me. It's a 4G Systems OneTab.
I updated the tablet with the firmware CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RK2818-KANG, which works so far so good for me, besides the "standby-wakeup-bug".
So I'd also like to try the firmware from hvdwolf (7htv2_gingerbread.05).
Can I use the update.img from Post 1 with the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade-Tool or is this only possible if I already have a prior firmware of hvdwolf on my device?

Thanks in advance!

Are you really sure your tablet is compatible with the A7 HTV2? If not, you will brick your tablet. If you know how to unbrick your tablet you could give it a shot. However, I think the KANG version is the same as my gingerbread.05.

Next to that: I might release a new gingerbread in the coming two weeks, no longer based on _fun's work as he stopped some time ago. I'm currently testing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 811 Next