Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: ARNOVA 7
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello
Any chance for firmware to this device ?
My is AN7 too.
"an7
MASTER.eng.root.20110602.888888"

Also Arctools says that is :
"Device: AN7 / rk29sdk / rk29sdk OS 2.2.1 (MASTER)"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Arnova 7 G1 users:

I made a froyo rooted custom rom for the G1 after your requests. This one can't be used on the G2.
You can find it here: arnova7G1_froyo.01.zip.
This rom is a "fail-safe" rom and doesn't have all the tweaks I would normally give it as I wanted to make it as stable as possible.
Note that I don't have a Arnova 7 G1 myself so I can't check.

If succesfull I will make a post/thread at the Arnova 10, Arnova 8, Arnova 7 subforum where it actually belongs.

Changelog:
- Google Apps incl. latest market version 3.1.5
- Gscript
- TitaniumBackup
- Added the default Launcher plus ADWLauncher, Go-Laucher EX and QQLauncher-Pro.
Upon first startup, after calibration, the tablet will ask which launcher to use.
As long as you don't select a default one you can switch between them. If you want
to change later you can select another in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.
Select the current default Launcher and clear defaults.

(minor) posible drawbacks:
- If the Market doesn't function use the fix (1)

(1): - Wait till market sync is finished.
1) start the market and wait till everything is synched. (wait for the sync icon to disappear in the status bar).
2) go to settings->applications.
3) Clear the cache of the Market. (Not the data!).
4) Clear the data of the Google Framework Services.
5) reboot immediately and go to Market, it should now fully work.
When you are too fast you sometimes have to repeat step 3,4,5.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:25 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi
thx for this
i have install without problem but there is no android market :(
when i change lancher to qq lancher pro there is icon to android market but when i click on this then is "not foun android market"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
monstrofort wrote:
How can I "open" the firmware ??? Is there a software which I can use to "open" firmwares ???

Look at my 2 articles on the wiki:
- Dump your Home Tablet rom and create a custom rom
- Example script for custom rom

Hi guys! This is my first post here so regards to you all. I have a big problem, I need to have my Arnova AN7 rooted - using the tutorial from above fails at the start where I get message: permission denied, when trying to create rom dump.

The easiest solution for me would be if someone of you good people can send the whole update.img to me?
Pretty please!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:17 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

panadol wrote:
hi
thx for this
i have install without problem but there is no android market :(
when i change lancher to qq lancher pro there is icon to android market but when i click on this then is "not foun android market"

You're right. Stupid mistake. I removed the old market (succesful) and wanted to copy the new version in, but my script contained a typo (ergo: missing market). I will build a new one tonight or tomorrow night.

Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I made another froyo rooted custom rom for the G1. This one can't be used on the G2.
You can find it here: arnova7G1_froyo.02.zip.
Changelog:
- Market apk is now part of this rom. I made a stupid error in the previous rom. Further it is identical to version 01.

hvdwolf wrote:
Arnova 7 G1 users:

I made a froyo rooted custom rom for the G1 after your requests. This one can't be used on the G2.
You can find it here: --- removed ---.
This rom is a "fail-safe" rom and doesn't have all the tweaks I would normally give it as I wanted to make it as stable as possible.
Note that I don't have a Arnova 7 G1 myself so I can't check.

If succesfull I will make a post/thread at the Arnova 10, Arnova 8, Arnova 7 subforum where it actually belongs.

Changelog:
- Google Apps incl. latest market version 3.1.5
- Gscript
- TitaniumBackup
- Added the default Launcher plus ADWLauncher, Go-Laucher EX and QQLauncher-Pro.
Upon first startup, after calibration, the tablet will ask which launcher to use.
As long as you don't select a default one you can switch between them. If you want
to change later you can select another in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.
Select the current default Launcher and clear defaults.

(minor) posible drawbacks:
- If the Market doesn't function use the fix (1)

(1): - Wait till market sync is finished.
1) start the market and wait till everything is synched. (wait for the sync icon to disappear in the status bar).
2) go to settings->applications.
3) Clear the cache of the Market. (Not the data!).
4) Clear the data of the Google Framework Services.
5) reboot immediately and go to Market, it should now fully work.
When you are too fast you sometimes have to repeat step 3,4,5.

EDIT: As multiupload doesn't function anymore I uploaded the rom again to mediafire.

Last edited by hvdwolf on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:41 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Now everything work great :) thx a lot.
I only had to make fix(1) few times. I dont know why but it starts work when i make data clear(not cache).
Anyway - i can't find for example shazam in AM - this is normal in rooted device i am wright ?
Only problem i have found is google widget. internet work ok only widget don't work. when i try to run this then error exist -> (proces com.android.quicksearchbox) stop responding
Sorry for my english

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Nikola wrote:
hvdwolf wrote:
monstrofort wrote:
How can I "open" the firmware ??? Is there a software which I can use to "open" firmwares ???

Look at my 2 articles on the wiki:
- Dump your Home Tablet rom and create a custom rom
- Example script for custom rom

Hi guys! This is my first post here so regards to you all. I have a big problem, I need to have my Arnova AN7 rooted - using the tutorial from above fails at the start where I get message: permission denied, when trying to create rom dump.

The easiest solution for me would be if someone of you good people can send the whole update.img to me?
Pretty please!

Okay after whole night of messing up... I managed to brick the AN7 :D It cant be turned on now. I was using RKAndroid DM tool and tryed to upload some update.img file I found on google.
I will try to disassemble it and disconnect the battery - maybe this will help? #-o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:24 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Nikola wrote:
Okay after whole night of messing up... I managed to brick the AN7 :D It cant be turned on now. I was using RKAndroid DM tool and tryed to upload some update.img file I found on google.
I will try to disassemble it and disconnect the battery - maybe this will help? #-o

Have you switched it of and resetted it a few times and then switch it on again? It will still be bricked but if it switches on you can wait until the battery is fully drained. In that case you don't need to disassemble it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:49 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

panadol wrote:
Now everything work great :) thx a lot.
I only had to make fix(1) few times. I dont know why but it starts work when i make data clear(not cache).
Anyway - i can't find for example shazam in AM - this is normal in rooted device i am wright ?
Only problem i have found is google widget. internet work ok only widget don't work. when i try to run this then error exist -> (proces com.android.quicksearchbox) stop responding
Sorry for my english

Shazam should be available. However I have the idea that with market 3.1.5 the market can no longer be fully synchronized. If you had a previous version that gets updated, it continues to work. So I think I will build a new rom with the old market, which can be fully synchronized with the market fix. And when the new market updates the old one it will continue to work, but I even have that not completely verified yet.
In that case I need to build a rom with the "old" market and remove the marketupdater.apk. I prefer the old market anyway as it's much faster.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
Nikola wrote:

Have you switched it of and resetted it a few times and then switch it on again? It will still be bricked but if it switches on you can wait until the battery is fully drained. In that case you don't need to disassemble it.

Thanks on your reply. I hope my next device wont be budget (so people dont show interest in messing up with them and I have to experiment on my own), and it will have more safe options for rooting or upgrading it. (e.g. I flased my Desire HD 10+ times, and it just works better and better each time :lol: )

I already disassembled it and measured the voltage of batt. and after disconnecting the charger (5mins later) the voltage is 0.3V! Thats bye bye for lipo :D
But I dont know why it wont turn on even without battery. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,

Thank you very much for the rom. It worked perfectly and now I have the google apps.
I have still a doubt. What chip carries the ARNOVA 7? 2818 or 2918.

To hvdwolf: Could you tell us the steps you followed to create it? Is there a tutorial for this?

Sorry for the mail because my English is terrible I had to use a translator. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:47 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sulato wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for the rom. It worked perfectly and now I have the google apps.

sulato wrote:
To hvdwolf: Could you tell us the steps you followed to create it? Is there a tutorial for this?

there are two tutorials for the A7HTV2 but they are "general purpose" tutorials that can be used for A7HTV2, A8HTV2, A7C, Ereader 70/b/c, Arnova 7/8/10 G1 and actually for most RK2818 based tablets. The only real tweak is when switching from resistive to capacitive screens.
Dump your Home Tablet rom and create a custom rom
Example script for custom rom, (based on Dump your Home Tablet rom and create a custom rom)
I did see however that someone messed up the first part of the second article. I will clean it sometime later.

The specific tweaks for the Arnova are not in there but if you really want to build roms, just let me know and I will help you and let you know.

Maybe I will expand the tutorial with some specific settings for the several tablets (as far as my knowledge allows).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
sulato wrote:
Hello,

When you mention an Arnova 7 I assume it's an Arnova 7 being a RK2818.
An Arnova 7 G2 has an RK2918 chip and needs a completely different rom. Don't mix them!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Does anybody use 3G modems on arnova 7?

I try to set APN in mobile settings, but get error with com.android.settings

It's a pity to use only wifi...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:07 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,

I am finally back after a long period of absence...

I would like to try the "arnova7G1_froyo.02" rom, but the links are broken (or the for arnova7G1_froyo.02.zip andarnova7G1_froyo.01.zip.

Could someone help (one more time) to find this file ???

Thank you. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:33 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

monstrofort wrote:
Hello,

I am finally back after a long period of absence...

I would like to try the "arnova7G1_froyo.02" rom, but the links are broken (or the for arnova7G1_froyo.02.zip andarnova7G1_froyo.01.zip.

Could someone help (one more time) to find this file ???

Thank you. :D :D :D

I uploaded it again. Check the version 02 post above

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear hvdwolf,

You're really, really the BEST ... Thank you, all is working, the firmware is OK.

I've just finished to install it and i hope i'll have the time to test it this evening...

Once again : THANK YOU ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi I'm new to rooting and would like to know how to root my arnova 7 gs
Model number:AN7G2
2.3.1. Any helo would be apreciated I googled for hours and came up empty handed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jblaze wrote:
Hi I'm new to rooting and would like to know how to root my arnova 7 gs
Model number:AN7G2
2.3.1. Any helo would be apreciated I googled for hours and came up empty handed

You are in the wrong forum thread. Take a look at Arnova 10 G2, Arnova 9 G2, Arnova 8 G2, Arnova 7 G2 thread. For example here Arnova 7 G2 Custom ROM with SU and Supeuser V1.0. (I have no experience with it. I'm a 7HTv2 user)
There are already several custom roms. Don't take this Arnova 7 rom. !!