Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl wrote:
Deen0X wrote:
do you know a way to confirm the kind of screen of Archos 7c? (i searched in market for some app to help with this, but i can┬┤t find nothing useful)
On a capacitive screen you cannot use a stylus. It simply doesn't see the stylus. So if you try to push the screen with a stylus or some other plastic, it shouldn't work. It should only work with saucages or something like that (youtube). ;-)

ok. i know all of this, but i'm not sure how to confirm to be ensure in my answer.

then, i can confirm the screen is capacitive (like my Motorola Defy) ;P
Then, i figure you can remove the touch screen calibration. right?

i have another question/behavior: when i try to use AdhocAble:
Backup Normal Settings -> Message "Normal Wifi Settings Backed Up!" (Appears to work right!)
Switch to Normal Wifi Mode -> Appears to work right!
Switch to Ad-hoc Wifi Mode -> Message "Could not Save Ad-hoc Wifi Settings!: java.io.FileNotfoundException: /data7misc7wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf.adhoc"

note: apologize my english again. (i know i'm so rude writting in english) :oops:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Deen0X wrote:
Backup Normal Settings -> Message "Normal Wifi Settings Backed Up!" (Appears to work right!)
Switch to Ad-hoc Wifi Mode -> Message "Could not Save Ad-hoc Wifi Settings!: java.io.FileNotfoundException: /data7misc7wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf.adhoc"
You have to enter your Adhoc settings (SSID and WEP key) and first hit Save Adhoc Settings. After you saved your adhoc settings and backuped your normal settings you can switch between them.

Edit: apologize, you want to use AdhocAble. Search the forum for how that works. Much easier is ROMSettings.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl wrote:
Deen0X wrote:
You have to enter your Adhoc settings (SSID and WEP key) and first hit Save Adhoc Settings. After you saved your adhoc settings and backuped your normal settings you can switch between them.

Edit: apologize, you want to use AdhocAble. Search the forum for how that works. Much easier is ROMSettings.

you right!. i was running an old version of ROMSettings (0.1). now, i can see the new settings.

still have a question. how i can get the android bar, when setting Fullscreen is checked? (when press power button, the behavior is like press men├║ button, but don┬┤t show the status bar)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl wrote:
Deen0X wrote:
do you know a way to confirm the kind of screen of Archos 7c? (i searched in market for some app to help with this, but i can┬┤t find nothing useful)
On a capacitive screen you cannot use a stylus. It simply doesn't see the stylus. So if you try to push the screen with a stylus or some other plastic, it shouldn't work. It should only work with saucages or something like that (youtube). ;-)

Yes stylus not work here. Even i flash a 7BHT rom to my 7CHT everything booted correctly but screen touch not work :badgrin: . I tried that since I know this your custom rom for 7BHT adapted 7CHT

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl, i'm testing the USB Host Mode of this archos, and appears to works fine.
i was connect few pendrives (working ok), HDDs (not working, may be because power supply is not enought), Mouse/Keyboards (ok).
but, i try to connect a usb modem. First impression is the modem is working fine (light blinking correctly), but i don┬┤t have any interface on archos to configure pin/user/password. i don't know how android work with this kind of devices.

in the other hand, i'll try to connect a bluetooth usb. my goal is to bring bluetooth capability, to use i.e. an external gps (bluetooth), or phones, keyboard/mouse, etc. (tethering? i don't know much about this)

birdiebnl, is possible to add bluetooth interface on the system settings, to try in the tablet?

(i don┬┤t know if i'm talking a nonsense thing)

and sorry (again) for my english...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all, good evening.
I just bought this, and I would like to know if anyones got an answer about usb modem...
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have had a problem with using the Pandora music app. It plays for about 2 seconds, cuts out and freezes. I havetried reinstalling the 221.04 custom rom, but the problem remains. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix for it? All other internet radio apps function properly. If I can't get this to work, I am going to take the 7c back to the store. It is by far the best music streaming app and I use it all the time. It is not available without the Android Market therefore the original Archos 7c rom is not an option.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@birdiebnl

Hi good evening.

Congratulations for your great work.
I just bought a HT 7c and I wish if is possible to install Froyo on it... as you already did it to HT 7v2.
Can you help me or give directions ???

Thanks in advance.

Marcos

Sorry for my poor English

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

mcpterra wrote:
I just bought a HT 7c and I wish if is possible to install Froyo on it... as you already did it to HT 7v2.
Keep an eye on user futranbg, i think he will soon release the 22.2x ROM for A7HTC.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl wrote:
mcpterra wrote:
Keep an eye on user futranbg, i think he will soon release the 22.2x ROM for A7HTC.

Hi thanks for reply... I am already on Froyo from him and you...
Meanwhile, can you help me ???
*** How can I mount the .img file to try to learn somethings ??? ***
I tried many apps but no success...
I am using Win7... should I use some Linux distro ?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl wrote:
mcpterra wrote:

Hi again birdiebnl, good evening.

I would like to have sure for certain things that I dont know if I am doing right...

The links:

Original 7c firmware update.img dump here http://www.mediafire.com/?pa3aeuyye8eptud
Does not have Appslib on it.

Market 2.3.4 update here http://www.mediafire.com/?pa3aeuyye8eptud
Does not have Market on it.

Thats right or I am doing something wrong ???
I am asking because I try to return to original Rom as I was having some lags with futrunbg Rom... and after install I could not find Appslib.... So I try to install your update Market Rom and its does not have Market... So I back to your 2.1 Root... But I wish to try again the original rom but I need at least Appslib...

Can you help me or I did something wrong ????

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just go to appslib.com, download appslib.apk, paste it to your Archos memory and install it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Birdie, is there any chance you could modify the newest 7c ROM 1.0.3 by integrating Android Market into it?
Build in this thread is based on the oldest version.

PS. I've checked Froyo ROMs and I prefer faster Eclair but I miss Android Market :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yes new Froyo for 7c is coming, which was built by dvwolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I meant 1.0.3 of official archos Eclair, not Froyo. But with added Market :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Davka wrote:
I meant 1.0.3 of official archos Eclair, not Froyo. But with added Market :)

That's a great idea.... I think Eclair faster than Froyo...
If it's possible I will like it...
Best regards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I will think about it but as far as i know froyo has a faster integrate dalvik vm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

But there are other problems with Froyo: no multitouch in web browser, GSM part of system is active (annoing icon, changing volume for multimedia is not default because telephone volume is, gsm process takes RAM etc.), some programs seems to work slower (picture browser for example).

I think a lot of people would be very happy (and I would for sure) if someone of you ROM builders could take 1.0.3 (the newest for 7c) official ROM from Archos website and do this:
- add Android Market (and maybe other Google apps if it's not a problem)
- get rid of sceen calibration at startup (because it's not necesary and a cause of problems with launchers)
- root (add possibility to do thing as root, Superuser or something else)

That's it. I like the rest because it's configured properly for Archos 7c.
Could you do this?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok so I loaded this rom onto my sister's Archos 7c and everythign works fine except the market. The market shows no apps at all and any search I try returns as nothing found. Anyone know what's going on?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Brooklyn11218... I too ran into this, the common advise was to clear the cache, however it doesn't give results. The simple solution is to close the Android Market app, then go to https://market.android.com/ using the Tunny Browser and download/install an acceptable app, say like "Aldiko" book reader. Once you have installed the reader app, reopen the Android Market app. The header reads "Apps Games Downloads" . Select "Downloads". The book reader app you just installed should appear. Now go back one screen and choose "Games". Then choose any sub category except "All Games" . The category you choose will fill. Go back to the main app screen and chose "Apps", open any sub except "all". It will fill. Now close the Android Market app. Reboot the tablet and open your Android Market. It should be fully populated and functional. :D