Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks to Birdiebnl

based en 21.04 custom rom

the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HDO6PBDX

all works correct.

market, gmail, wifi, sync, youtube, ....

Original 7c firmware update.img dump here http://www.mediafire.com/?pa3aeuyye8eptud

Market 2.3.4 update here http://www.mediafire.com/?pa3aeuyye8eptud

cheers !

Last edited by U892127 on Sun May 29, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:55 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

This one is only for RK2818 based Archos 7C devices.

With this 21.04 based firmware you can use ROMSettings, to enable fullscreen and easy adhoc settings. (check ROMSettings)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks so much, 7c seem so new that i couldn't find anyother custom firmware for mine.
I installed root explorer but i couldn'd mount system as rw...
Tried replaced busybox but no hope cause busybox can't replace.
Do you have any issue with root in your rom?
Thanks so much for your help

PS: now usb debugging not work for me, may be 2morow i will try install driver again

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

futranbg wrote:
That isn't possible with this custom ROM.
Root permissions are working, but RW system is another thing. Don't mess that up with root.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl wrote:
futranbg wrote:
That isn't possible with this custom ROM.
Root permissions are working, but RW system is another thing. Don't mess that up with root.

Yes thanks for that :( . Do you know how to change the cpu scaling_governor cause i want to change to performane but i couldn't see /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq in my root explorer.....or is it same as the r/w issue?
I have an xperia X10 and after root i have no issue like this
Thanks,

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:39 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

futranbg wrote:
Thanks,
Your xperia X10 kernel has frequency scaling support, the 7C/7HTV2 kernel not.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl wrote:
futranbg wrote:
Thanks,
Your xperia X10 kernel has frequency scaling support, the 7C/7HTV2 kernel not.

thanks and this make me feel bad :roll: since i know nothing about kernel :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the custom firm.
i'll gonna try on my 7c

question: how i can get the Recovery System to boot? in my another android devices (Archos 5IT, Motorola Defy), with vol+ & power on, boot on recovery system, but in this devide i don┬┤t have vol+
i tried press reset+power on, but this does nothing.

any idea?

and can you post the original firmware? i can┬┤t find nothing on Archos.com, and i want to get this firmware to recover my archos (in case i decide to sell/recover/etc)

and... apologize my poor english. :S

Edit: i can see when installing this custom firmware, the installer generate a "backup,img". is this the backup of my orchos system? where i can found this file?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Deen0X wrote:
Thanks for the custom firm.
i'll gonna try on my 7c

question: how i can get the Recovery System to boot? in my another android devices (Archos 5IT, Motorola Defy), with vol+ & power on, boot on recovery system, but in this devide i don┬┤t have vol+
i tried press reset+power on, but this does nothing.

any idea?

and can you post the original firmware? i can┬┤t find nothing on Archos.com, and i want to get this firmware to recover my archos (in case i decide to sell/recover/etc)

and... apologize my poor english. :S

Edit: i can see when installing this custom firmware, the installer generate a "backup,img". is this the backup of my orchos system? where i can found this file?

is not necessary recovery to install the rom, only put update.img in the tablet archos and then unplugged

see this http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... custom_rom to create a backup.img

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

U892127 wrote:
is not necessary recovery to install the rom, only put update.img in the tablet archos and then unplugged

see this http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... custom_rom to create a backup.img

Hi, you already created a dump from the original 7c which you PMed to birdiebnl and me. Simply put the link here. That's also what I did with first dump from the original 7b.
Training others is a good thing, but until they are trained it's good to know there's a backup.

As you did the work on your 7c I give you the honors ;) to put up the download link for the original 7c firmware update.img dump.

Until then I would suggest the others to follow the wiki indeed and be able to create your own backup update image.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
U892127 wrote:

Hi, you already created a dump from the original 7c which you PMed to birdiebnl and me. Simply put the link here. That's also what I did with first dump from the original 7b.
Training others is a good thing, but until they are trained it's good to know there's a backup.

As you did the work on your 7c I give you the honors ;) to put up the download link for the original 7c firmware update.img dump.

Until then I would suggest the others to follow the wiki indeed and be able to create your own backup update image.

ok!

first post updated

cheers !

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks!!!!!

only a question.
if my archos broke (bricks), there is a way to put update.img and update to recover the tablet?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Deen0X wrote:
Thanks!!!!!

only a question.
if my archos broke (bricks), there is a way to put update.img and update to recover the tablet?

do you have the RKAndroid tool working? If something goes wrong with a custom rom, the only way to recover is by using the RKAndroid tool. Download http://db.tt/J2sl9oN . Short description: Shut down your Archos, and then switch the power switch to the right (lock). Then start RKAndroid, and connect your Archos with USB to your pc.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

U892127 wrote:
Deen0X wrote:
Thanks!!!!!

only a question.

do you have the RKAndroid tool working? If something goes wrong with a custom rom, the only way to recover is by using the RKAndroid tool. Download http://db.tt/J2sl9oN . Short description: Shut down your Archos, and then switch the power switch to the right (lock). Then start RKAndroid, and connect your Archos with USB to your pc.

Thanks! this is what i looking for! (i don┬┤t know wich words need to use, in my searches)
thanks a lot!

note: your link is not working (but i found another source for RKAndroid Tool)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi.

I have some problems/behaviors with this rom.

when turned in "Suspend", after some minutes (10 may be) the tablet turn on alone (consuming battery).
in "Hold" mode, the screen gone off (thats right), but, after some minutes (10?) the tablet turn on, and sometimes freezes (hold/power button don┬┤t appear to work), and the only way to unlock is using "Reset" button.

in the other hand, i have a little question: what is the little circle in front/right side of the tablet? i'm looking for info (technical info) about this tablet, but is so limited.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi!
There is another problem with this rom

When i try to calibrate the screen (Menu->Settings->Touch Panel Calibration), there is a error in process: com.android.settings

i have a question about ROMSettings. When set "Full Screen" setting, when i'm in a video player, can't see android's Bar (because full screen), but... how i can get the bar visible again?. i read some like "press power button for 1 second", but i tried with 1, 2 and 3 seconds (when appears the men├║ to "Power Off", "Suspend" and "Cancel" options)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:20 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Deen0X wrote:
in the other hand, i have a little question: what is the little circle in front/right side of the tablet? i'm looking for info (technical info) about this tablet, but is so limited.

The housing is a cheap Chinese product and used on several models. The little capped hole *CAN* contain a camera and does in some other manufacturers tablets. Our A7HT V1/V2/C doesn't contain a camera. It simply has a mysterious capped hole.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:11 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Deen0X wrote:
When i try to calibrate the screen (Menu->Settings->Touch Panel Calibration), there is a error in process: com.android.settings
As far as I know, the difference between the 7C and the 7HTV2 is now the capacitive screen, and in the near future the RK2918 processor. A capacitive screen doesn't need calibration, therefore the TSCalibration.apk is removed.

Can someone confirm that it really has a capacitive screen?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl wrote:
Can someone confirm that it really has a capacitive screen?

the specifications says that screen is capacitive.
when tablet boot (with startup assistant), in the calibration screen show a windows with a message "please, don┬┤t touch the screen". i think this calibration is for capacitive screens, because i have an archos 5it and the calibration utility needs to touch some cross in the screen (and A5IT is resistive screen)

do you know a way to confirm the kind of screen of Archos 7c? (i searched in market for some app to help with this, but i can┬┤t find nothing useful)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Deen0X wrote:
do you know a way to confirm the kind of screen of Archos 7c? (i searched in market for some app to help with this, but i can┬┤t find nothing useful)
On a capacitive screen you cannot use a stylus. It simply doesn't see the stylus. So if you try to push the screen with a stylus or some other plastic, it shouldn't work. It should only work with saucages or something like that (youtube). ;-)