Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:09 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I built a new rom: version 20. See first post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I missed the google calendar.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

neo120 wrote:

Yes, you are right. No idea how that happened. I will retract the rom and build a new one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
neo120 wrote:

Yes, you are right. No idea how that happened. I will retract the rom and build a new one.

Thanks for your good and hard work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
tomazf wrote:
hello, i'm wondering if there is adobe flash support for archos 7 ht v2 Android 2.2 froyo.19 (ARM9 browser support) and how can i set up google voice search. i tryed to download a few voicesearch.apk's but netiher did not work. and another question, my browser is just closing when i open some pages. can that be related to trying with voiceserch apk's? do i need to reinstall Android 2.2 froyo.19?

No flash: period.
I never got voicesearch to work on froyo. the browser thing is something that occaisionally happens. Go into Setings->Applications and remove the data and cache of the browser. Most of the time that helps (but no guarantee)

just found out that Puffin Web Browser had adobe flash support for 2818 built in. i'm watching youtube video's if anybody interested. i know the latest version is 2.2 but anyway i'm using 1.9. 2.2 too much suddenly closes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:24 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Just built a version 20 patch 1: bugfix for version 20. Calendar, CalendarProvider and GoogleCalendarSync was missing.

See first post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:51 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tomazf wrote:
just found out that Puffin Web Browser had adobe flash support for 2818 built in. i'm watching youtube video's if anybody interested. i know the latest version is 2.2 but anyway i'm using 1.9. 2.2 too much suddenly closes.

Sorry, but it doesn't have flash support.
There are more browsers that display the youtube site and it's videos. That is not a problem. youtube videos are all mp4 streaming videos as it's so more efficient and also because Google (the youtube owner) has banned flash as well. It's long time ago (in internet time speaking) that the youtube movies were flash movies.

The issue is flash sites: Do a search on flash sites in puffin and you get something like "the best flash sites of 2012". Not one of them is running in any browser I tried as that content is really flash unlike the youtube site ans its videos. flash is simply not supported on our devices (and I still hope someone proves me wrong some day).
You get the flash icon as flash being recognized but not playable, before the browser dies (most of the time).

Finally: you have the youtube player in your rom (if you are using my rom :)). That one is more efficient then any browser.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hmm i still can not remove and zeam for some reason trying using tb it says sucesfull but it just reinstalled on next boot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

further more wifi is an issue it doesnt alwsy start on boot when i goto wifi setting page it show enable wifi with error under it

the callibration is also fubar it keeps asking me to calabrate after each boot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

sleepy83 wrote:
the callibration is also fubar it keeps asking me to calabrate after each boot

The same for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

SORRY :(.
My screen has by now so many dead spots that it can't be calibrated anymore. I always pack a calibration backup in my personal roms, which means I always make 2 roms: One for the world and one for me. For the patch 1 I forgot to take out my personal calibration file. It's time for a new tablet.

Just built a version 20 patch 2: removed my personal calibration backup file.

See first post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No, new tablet - you are the only rom builder for us. THANKS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

this current updaed rom seem not as stable i mean i could play
ATilt 3-d Labyrinth
Jekyll and Hyde

without any problems on the 19 version of the rom but they seem to realy lag on the 10p2 version plus there is still an issue with the wifi and i still can not uninstall zeam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:49 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sleepy83 wrote:
this current updaed rom seem not as stable i mean i could play
ATilt 3-d Labyrinth
Jekyll and Hyde

without any problems on the 19 version of the rom but they seem to realy lag on the 10p2 version plus there is still an issue with the wifi and i still can not uninstall zeam

I used another set of tweaks which are supposed to work better. By now I do have the idea it's making it worse. I will create another rom without them and with my original 17/18/19 settings.
W.r.t. zeam: One launcher needs to be a system launcher. I choose for zeam. You can never remove it but you can easily install another launcher.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
W.r.t. zeam: One launcher needs to be a system launcher. I choose for zeam. You can never remove it but you can easily install another launcher.

aww shame i can live with this i suppose tho i have now manged to uninstall it using system app removeer from the market :D

Quote:
I used another set of tweaks which are supposed to work better. By now I do have the idea it's making it worse. I will create another rom without them and with my original 17/18/19 settings.

great look farward to it

i appretiate what you do with these rom if it wernt for people like you we would have rubbish tablets do you have a paypal adresse? i would like to donate some cash to you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:23 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sleepy83 wrote:
Quote:

aww shame i can live with this i suppose tho i have now manged to uninstall it using system app removeer from the market :D

Why do you want to uninstall it? There are many apps in the rom I never use: email, videoplayer, etc. They are there and I just leave them there.

sleepy83 wrote:
i appretiate what you do with these rom if it wernt for people like you we would have rubbish tablets do you have a paypal adresse? i would like to donate some cash to you

I do have a paypal donation address for my Mac OS X program ImageFuser. I will think about it. forum.archosfans.com blocks signatures. It would mean that I always have to manually copy a "signature" in.
I'm also working on the roms for myself of course.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:13 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Built a version 21 last night, released it now.
Back to old settings: no wifi errors, faster and stable.

See first post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
Why do you want to uninstall it? There are many apps in the rom I never use: email, videoplayer, etc. They are there and I just leave them there

cos i prefer laucherpro to me it seem a little bit more snappyer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was updating my firmware to your latest and the tablet froze during the data formatting now I can't turn the tablet on, any ideas?

Cheers,

Matthew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:02 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

MatthewArchos wrote:
I was updating my firmware to your latest and the tablet froze during the data formatting now I can't turn the tablet on, any ideas?

Cheers,

Matthew

See this wiki page in the Rescue section.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18