Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 2:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i googled 7htv2_froyo.18-normal.zip and found it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If you could still post a copy 0f 19 I would like to try it. I have been using 18 without problems since it was uploaded. (well only two resets). fred

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sleepy83 wrote:
i googled 7htv2_froyo.18-normal.zip and found it

Well. It seems my roms are on multiple sites.

Nevertheless: I will build a version 19 set the coming days. I'm already using it for almost a month but as it contains hardly any new stuff I did not release a new version yet. Currently I'm testing a new gingerbread version. so give me a few days.
I'm also working on some other stuff right now. (busy, busy, busy)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When ever you can would be brilliant. And thanks for your work. fred

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I built a new version 19 froyo rom. See the first post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

deltasix8 wrote:
I just updated to the latest build, but the market fix doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I can't see Aldiko book reader app even after doing a market reset.

I know. It's a big pain in the back side. It's a common issue for many froyo tablets. I search and google a lot and it's happening to more and more tablets. Also with tablets that come with froyo and market preinstalled like my (other) wondermedia tablet which is not a RK2818 CPU. That one doesn't sync correctly either.
I really have no idea what causes it. I will still try a few other options I still have left but it takes time.
Apparently there is currently no genius around in the entire world to solve this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

indeed a pain but it is still odd that it works fine on the last version of the rom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

got the market working here how i have done it
1.download applib and install it
2.download arc tools and install it
3.start arc tools
4.click reset market it will then ask for super user permissions
5.after market reset restart your tablet
6.start the market it should now show all the apps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:49 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sleepy83 wrote:
got the market working here how i have done it
1.download applib and install it
2.download arc tools and install it
3.start arc tools
4.click reset market it will then ask for super user permissions
5.after market reset restart your tablet
6.start the market it should now show all the apps

I did exactly the same and already tried that multiple times earlier: For me it doesn't work. It does show more applications but still not all. You don't need to install it via appslib though. You can also download the latest version from the bottom of ArcTools ÔÇô Android Market and Google Apps installer for your Archos Internet Tablet page. As mentioned: it's for the internet tablets, not the home tablets: Results may vary. Installing google apps doesn't work anyway.

Please let me know whether you can find (for example): aldiko, meridian (free player, not paid version), quickpic, Rabo bankieren (I know dutch banking apk, but do you see it and can you download it).
If it really works for you (and others?), meaning both finding and downloading the apks, that's fine. In that case please let me know and I will add it to the tips&tweaks in the first post and simply mention that it might or might not work.

I have already decompiled the com.arctablet.arctools.apk to see how it works and whether I can rebuild/recompile it for our RK2818 based tablets. It would be nice to have such an app for our RK2818 tablets.
Same for the gApps4Archos2.apk (Google apps for Froyo for internet tablets), which is a simpler, earlier version of the arc tool. Currently these two apks are my goals for the coming time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

well im only a php programmer dont jknow much about these roms and cant garantee that will work for allbut it does for me

yes is can see all of these apps
aldiko, meridian (free player, not paid version), quickpic, Rabo bankieren
and download them no problem

i shoulda noted that i done the acual market fix first then this trick so maybe that why it didnt work for you? dunno just a hunch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sleepy83 wrote:
well im only a php programmer dont jknow much about these roms and cant garantee that will work for allbut it does for me

yes is can see all of these apps
aldiko, meridian (free player, not paid version), quickpic, Rabo bankieren
and download them no problem

i shoulda noted that i done the acual market fix first then this trick so maybe that why it didnt work for you? dunno just a hunch

I do find and can download aldiko, quickpic, Rabo bankieren but I still can't find Meridian Media Player Revolute.

I hope someone else reacts as well. In that case we will be more sure if it is a one-shot lucky attempt or that it works for more people. I do hope the last even if it doesn't work for me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hmm how can i remove zeam it is laggy on my tablet laucherpro and android 7 pro work much better and doesnt lag

after uninstalled zeam it seem gone but after a reboot it seem to reinstall it self is there anyway to remove it properly pls

if there isnt a way would you make a rom with just laucherpro pls id sling some dollers your way if you can do this

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:51 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sleepy83 wrote:
hmm how can i remove zeam it is laggy on my tablet laucherpro and android 7 pro work much better and doesnt lag

after uninstalled zeam it seem gone but after a reboot it seem to reinstall it self is there anyway to remove it properly pls

if there isnt a way would you make a rom with just laucherpro pls id sling some dollers your way if you can do this

I more or less made a mistake when creating this rom. Some applications are installed as non-system apps. zeam is one of them. Upon boot the system checks whether the ap is in the right place and when not it installs it. However, when a user uninstalled/removed the app it will be reinstalled upon the next boot, as you already found it. My next rom doesn't have that. I'm a little bit testing and tweaking right now and I think I will release it somewhere this week.
You can off course install another launcher next to zeam and then go into settings->Applications and remove the default settings for zeam. Upon reboot the tablet will ask you which launcher to use.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thanks look forward to the next one

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hello, i'm wondering if there is adobe flash support for archos 7 ht v2 Android 2.2 froyo.19 (ARM9 browser support) and how can i set up google voice search. i tryed to download a few voicesearch.apk's but netiher did not work. and another question, my browser is just closing when i open some pages. can that be related to trying with voiceserch apk's? do i need to reinstall Android 2.2 froyo.19?

and another thing. how can i install ArcTools? In 2.2.1 it sais that it can not create temp directory so can not install apps of ArcTools.

btw. great job hvdwolf. thanks for all the effort.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tomazf wrote:
hello, i'm wondering if there is adobe flash support for archos 7 ht v2 Android 2.2 froyo.19 (ARM9 browser support) and how can i set up google voice search. i tryed to download a few voicesearch.apk's but netiher did not work. and another question, my browser is just closing when i open some pages. can that be related to trying with voiceserch apk's? do i need to reinstall Android 2.2 froyo.19?

No flash: period.
I never got voicesearch to work on froyo. the browser thing is something that occaisionally happens. Go into Setings->Applications and remove the data and cache of the browser. Most of the time that helps (but no guarantee)

tomazf wrote:
and another thing. how can i install ArcTools? In 2.2.1 it sais that it can not create temp directory so can not install apps of ArcTools.

Arctools currently doesn't work on our RK2818 tablets. I'm in discussion with the developer how we can adapt the arctools to the RK2818. Hopefully that will work out.
On the other hand: I'm close to having a script for the RK2818 tablet, and I mean ALL RK2818 tablets, which will do the same as the arctools. Our A7 HTV2 is an RK2818.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
tomazf wrote:

No flash: period.
I never got voicesearch to work on froyo. the browser thing is something that occaisionally happens. Go into Setings->Applications and remove the data and cache of the browser. Most of the time that helps (but no guarantee)

tomazf wrote:

Arctools currently doesn't work on our RK2818 tablets. I'm in discussion with the developer how we can adapt the arctools to the RK2818. Hopefully that will work out.
On the other hand: I'm close to having a script for the RK2818 tablet, and I mean ALL RK2818 tablets, which will do the same as the arctools. Our A7 HTV2 is an RK2818.

well, my mobile phone is galaxy g5 and dev psyke83 made it usable for gingerbread and some other madteam roms trough clockworkmod and direct install of gapps trough zip file. i thought there is a possibility to solve this the same way. thanks for an answer.

and great that we will receive kinda acrtools in a form of a script. your efforts are much appreciated. thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:26 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tomazf wrote:
and great that we will receive kinda acrtools in a form of a script. your efforts are much appreciated. thank you.

I'm looking at arctools and creating such a script myself to be able to spearate the gapps from the rom as the license structure is not entirely clear.
I don't understand your request though. My roms come with the gapps inside. Why would you want some kind of acrtools in my current set of roms?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
tomazf wrote:

I'm looking at arctools and creating such a script myself to be able to spearate the gapps from the rom as the license structure is not entirely clear.
I don't understand your request though. My roms come with the gapps inside. Why would you want some kind of acrtools in my current set of roms?

well, voice search is part of gapps. when i started to explore (my archos is three days old) i found out that it can be installed as apk and when it did not go i find a way via arctools. now that you have said there is no possibility for that i do not think it is important for me as far i am familiar with a7 but i find it very good for some other stuff i haven't discovered yet (and i know there are many). thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tomazf wrote:
hvdwolf wrote:
tomazf wrote:

well, voice search is part of gapps. when i started to explore (my archos is three days old) i found out that it can be installed as apk and when it did not go i find a way via arctools. now that you have said there is no possibility for that i do not think it is important for me as far i am familiar with a7 but i find it very good for some other stuff i haven't discovered yet (and i know there are many). thank you.

I now fully understand how arctools is working. It's a nice concept. I will not add it in the rom to be released tonight or tomorrow, but maybe the one after that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next