Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 18 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

gibou wrote:
Ok, I just rebuild your rom in order to change this parameter.

Why? The build.prop in my rom already has the "persist.sampling_profiler=0"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:26 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

amir1 wrote:
Thank you for creative work, hvdwolf. Some problems I find.
1. I can not install some programs (Olive Office, Navitel, 2GIS and others) on 7htv2_froyo.16,17 . These programs must be installed only on the sd card on froyo. But this is impossible in your firmware.

Not really. They want to be installed on the sdcard if they find an sdcard and don't have a good fallback install option, just like Aldiko and Angry birds.
Connect your tablet to the pc, do not select the mass storage mode, remove the sdcard from your tablet. Connect to market and now you can install them.

amir1 wrote:
2. I also found the folder is / sdcard / external / snapshot /. Number of files in that folder is constantly growing. About 800 files right now.
Best wishes from from our forum http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=179077&st=800

Really weird. I will now start to check and compare my rom with birdiebnl's rom.
I can't read russian :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
amir1 wrote:
2. I also found the folder is / sdcard / external / snapshot /. Number of files in that folder is constantly growing. About 800 files right now.
Best wishes from from our forum http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=179077&st=800

Really weird. I will now start to check and compare my rom with birdiebnl's rom.

I think I found it. About 2-3 weeks ago I discovered that the swap space wasn't activated in my 7htv2_froyo.17, so I corrected that and I am running my 7htv2_froyo.18 rom since then: No snapshots.
I did not upload it yet as I expected that it wasn't too bad and I was very busy with the several gingerbread roms.

I tried and examined birdiebnl's rom and found that his swap space wasn't activated either. For a totally different reason (incorrect busybox version that doesn't support mkswap and swapon commands), but never the less: it wasn't activated either.

These snapshots can only be memory dumps of programs or program data that Android tries to swap out but can't: So it creates a memory dump: a snapshot.

I'm currently uploading my version 18 rom.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
gibou wrote:
Ok, I just rebuild your rom in order to change this parameter.

Why? The build.prop in my rom already has the "persist.sampling_profiler=0"

In the tiny .17, persist.sampling_profiler was set to 1. I downloaded another time and unpack system.img and still same value for me. I believed that I took accidentally the other rom... :p
But no problem, now I'm waiting for tiny .18... It's very smooth for a HT with .17 I see ! Very good job !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you for great work, hvdwolf. And my new question. How about jit on your firmware? I know it works on your 2.1 firmware. viewtopic.php?f=81&t=46831 And how on 2.2?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:50 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

amir1 wrote:
Thank you for great work, hvdwolf. And my new question. How about jit on your firmware? I know it works on your 2.1 firmware. viewtopic.php?f=81&t=46831 And how on 2.2?

The implementation is the same but it works better the froyo rom.
Eclair has basic jit support. My eclair roms (but also birdiebnl's eclair roms) use a backported dalvikvm from froyo to eclair. It means that both Birdiebnl's eclair roms and my eclair roms perform better then the default Archos rom or other standard eclair roms.

Froyo came with a much improved JIT implementation (hence the backporting). Even if the eclair rom and the froyo rom use the same dalvikvm, the implementation is better on Froyo as the entire Froyo environment and many froyo applications are adapted to the enhanced JIT implementation.
On the eclair rom only the jit "enhanced" applications, e.g. the applications that have been compiled to use optimized JIT settings, perfrom better.

Now this is a very simplified explanation and not entirely correct, but it fits here.
If you really want to know about the ins and outs of jit, and the settings you can use in your build.prop, I would advise you to read the android development documentation and eclair/froyo/gingerbread comparisaons about jit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello

I think there is a problem with the uploaded zips.

For me, tiny and small content other things than market and gmail.

Can you check ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:35 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

denseye wrote:
Hello

Can you check ?

Can you explain? As fas as I can see the tiny only contains Vending, and the small rom only contains Vending and gmail.
The only other apps always included in tiny and small are adhocable, es_file_explorer, Titanium, gscript and zeamlauncher.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
denseye wrote:
Hello

Can you check ?

Can you explain? As fas as I can see the tiny only contains Vending, and the small rom only contains Vending and gmail.
The only other apps always included in tiny and small are adhocable, es_file_explorer, Titanium, gscript and zeamlauncher.

OK maybe I misunderstood (that's my first flash).
I thought tiny and small only included market and gmail.
So when I saw I had Titanium, zeamlauncher ... I thought there was a problem , because I wanted the more minimalist rom.

In your first post you say :
Code:
small: Google market and Gmail only, only standard Android Launcher.
- tiny: Only Google market.

so it's not very clear for me. zeamlaucncher is not standard android launcher

was hoping with small to have only market and gmail and that's all ...

But that's not a big problem.
I also want to thank you for your great work and share !!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:57 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

denseye wrote:
I thought tiny and small only included market and gmail.
So when I saw I had Titanium, zeamlauncher ... I thought there was a problem , because I wanted the more minimalist rom.

In your first post you say :
Code:
small: Google market and Gmail only, only standard Android Launcher.
- tiny: Only Google market.

so it's not very clear for me. zeamlaucncher is not standard android launcher

Now you put it like that I admit that it can be confusing. The point is that we started ("long" time ago) from a rom with all google apps in it, I added the small and tiny versions later with a reduced number of Google apps.
Maybe I should revise the text a litle.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

no problem ... don't worry ;)

and keep up your great work =D>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:roll: Hallo!
Program Photo Viewer does not open a photo.???
Program Photo Frame 100% functions.
(normal)
Help! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

KARKAS wrote:
:roll: Hallo!
Program Photo Viewer does not open a photo.???
Program Photo Frame 100% functions.
(normal)

You're right. I don't know why. It shows the thumbnails but not the full image.
Please download QuickPic from the market. It's an excellent picture viewer. Froyo doesn't have a standard photo browser. In early froyo roms we (both birdiebnl and myself) suggested to download QuickPic at that time.

I will include it in the next rom (made a quick one for myself: works fine) . Maybe next week a next rom.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello
Very thanks HvdW for that fine works. With my tablet I was with your Eclair version and I has only problem with photo with Froyo.
I dont use Gingerbread because it is without sound control.

Best Whishes for new year.

Alain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
amir1 wrote:
Thank you for creative work, hvdwolf. Some problems I find.
1. I can not install some programs (Olive Office, Navitel, 2GIS and others) on 7htv2_froyo.16,17 . These programs must be installed only on the sd card on froyo. But this is impossible in your firmware.

Not really. They want to be installed on the sdcard if they find an sdcard and don't have a good fallback install option, just like Aldiko and Angry birds.
Connect your tablet to the pc, do not select the mass storage mode, remove the sdcard from your tablet. Connect to market and now you can install them.

Hi again hvdholf.

I don't know why but it happened to me also. I'm confused because I have already intalled aldiko before and when I updated .18 and tried to install again, it returned me an "couldn't intall in USBstorage or SDcard", and same with mantano reader. May i'm doing something wrong now or some settings have changed (archos on, without external sd card >> plug usb (don't touching anything) >> go market, install aldiko). I had tried to return .17 but its the same so it make me suspect more than i'm doing something wrong now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I could install Aldiko without USB, but maybe try to download the Aldiko apk to your pc, and then copy it to your flash? I'm a new user, so i could be wrong.

I have two big questions...: Does this normal that i have to reconnect the wifi every 30-60 seconds? Why is it doing that to me?:( I disabled the router's firewall, but still the same. And anybody uses Skyfire? It just closes on me if i open a page.. Same goes for Adobe reader. Should i forget these to apps, or is there some solution? Is there any browser that can open the external video player if there is an embedded video on the page and i click on it? So my big problem is that i can't use the wifi.:(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I forget to write that the videos i'd like to watch are embedded mp4s. Is the stupid flash 10.1 needed for these too?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bosset wrote:
I could install Aldiko without USB, but maybe try to download the Aldiko apk to your pc, and then copy it to your flash? I'm a new user, so i could be wrong.

I have two big questions...: Does this normal that i have to reconnect the wifi every 30-60 seconds? Why is it doing that to me?:( I disabled the router's firewall, but still the same.

Read the tips&tweaks at the bottom of the first post.

bosset wrote:
And anybody uses Skyfire? It just closes on me if i open a page.. Same goes for Adobe reader. Should i forget these to apps, or is there some solution? Is there any browser that can open the external video player if there is an embedded video on the page and i click on it? (

Flash is and will remain a problem. You can try with Skyfire and Opera Mini and some will work, but most not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you, but i already set it to "never", i don't know why it disconnests continuously..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:27 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bosset wrote:
Thank you, but i already set it to "never", i don't know why it disconnests continuously..

Did you use a lazy rom to flash your tablet? And did you come from another android version like eclair or gingerbread?
When coming from another version you always have to do the full flash.
Also: try a reset (needle in the little hole on the backside).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 18 Next