Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1618 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:17 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
liam84 wrote:
so why its works with new market bierdieBNL froyo firmware ? something very strange... Perhaps it's because you use the old version and google "shutdown" it ? (sorry for translation i'm french)

Can you really find all applications?
The point is that depending on the fingerprint (and birdiebnl has a different fingerprint than mine) you find applications on one you can't find on another.
Please read http://android.modaco.com/topic/310809- ... t-testing/

99% of the applications I tried also work with my tablet, but with my tablet you can't find "Meridian Media Player Revolute" for example and I'm sure with Birdie's rom you can't find others. I did very extensive testing with my tablet, always comparing every hit on https://market.android.com/ with the market on my tablet. The internet versions shows everything. Please search and compare.

If birdiebnl's fingerprint works better than mine I will switch easily.

I just tried birdiebnl's latest rom (the 22) and tried to sync the market. It doesn't sync correctly either: not all applications that should be available for every android/tablet/phone combi are available. Then market updates to 3.3.11 and doesn't work at all anymore. Again the market fix trick has to be done.
After reboot it still doesn't show all apps. It does not fully sync and that's with the fingerprint birdiebnl uses.
Then I put birdiebnl's fingerprint in my rom. It doesn't make a difference at all.
Both rom's do not fully sync as so much froyo tablet roms lately do not sync a full 100% anymore.

Please let me know how you got the full sync with birdie's rom. I really would like to know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, i get no connect from my PC to the Archos.
2 Day everything ware fine, but now i can┬┤t connect via USB to my Archos.
Any Idea?
Rebooting und also setting to Factory didn┬┤t work.

Thanks

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry, i find now your description using the RK2818 tools.
I flashed it and it won┬┤t work now.
I am a newbie since 1 week in using android.
But with your help, id manage a lot of things.

Thanks from germany.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK, find a way to bring it back.
Using Original Firmenware und then write your modified OS.
So it works.
Don┬┤t know why, but it works.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:56 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

dat_geit wrote:
So it works.
Don┬┤t know why, but it works.

It works because it should work :)

Glad you managed it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

By the way.
It┬┤s damn good desription.
Ok everyone, who did it first time, is a little afraid.
It works verry stable and save power.
only the location finding via google using wlan did not work.
But this is not important.
Is there any way to connect a gps mouse on usb or maybe a webstick?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The request to calibrate screen with lack of success when booting still seems to be coming up even after my "successful" mid-session calibration. Might try activating a calibration and see if that helps.

As for missing apps, I ended up just downloading the file and using APK installer. I am not sure if Talking Tom Cat (my example missing app) is actually missing or for some reason just not being shown at top of search results - there are 1000s of results so I haven't gone through them all, especially since I had used the exact app name.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi hvdwolf and Thanks a lot for your rom!
I would like to disable process that write continously information on /sdcard/external/snapshot directory.
How can I do this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:26 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

gibou wrote:
Hi hvdwolf and Thanks a lot for your rom!
I would like to disable process that write continously information on /sdcard/external/snapshot directory.
How can I do this?

What you are mentioning here are the file paths of birdibienl's froyo22.22 and froyo22.21 rom. My froyo roms do not even have the /sdcard/external folder.
My roms have the path /flash for internal memory (as archos defines it) and /sdcard for the sdcard (again as archos defines it). Next to that there is a symlink from /flash/external_sd to the sdcard.

The behavior you are describing is definitely not occurring in my roms and I have no idea what causes it in birdbienl's rom. As it doesn't occur in my roms (which do have a different basis than birdiebnl's roms), I never looked into it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

very strange.
I installed 7htv2_froyo.17-tiny.zip without keeping data, I have Arnova 7 title in my menu bar and structure directory like birdbienl's rom...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

gibou wrote:
very strange.
I installed 7htv2_froyo.17-tiny.zip without keeping data, I have Arnova 7 title in my menu bar and structure directory like birdbienl's rom...

The snapshots are stored on the sdcard. The sdcard is not cleaned or formatted on a new flash. So the snapshots will remain on the sdcard.
Did you have birdiebnl's rom before my rom? In that case the folder structure has been created on the sdcard.

In my rom the internal memory is at /mnt/sdcard and /flash. They are symlinked to each other.
The sdcard is at /mnt/sdcard/external_sd and /sdcard. These are also symlinked to each other.
The snapshots created from birdiebnl's rom should still be on the sdcard. I used birdibnl's rom also a couple of times to test and compare. I did have the snapshots folder also on my sdcard then, but no new snapshots were added after I used my own rom again. If you check the folder (and that can be veeeerrrryyyy sloooow) and you are using my rom, you should see that no new snapshots are created.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can someone please tell me if there is bluetooth in the Archos 7 Home Tablet v2? I can't turn it on, and the bluetooth settings are faded.:( Thank you for any help!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Is it possible to use full screen in applications (especially video players) - hide system bar when not touching the screen or something? I can't find any solution to this :( Thanks again..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:46 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bosset wrote:
Can someone please tell me if there is bluetooth in the Archos 7 Home Tablet v2? I can't turn it on, and the bluetooth settings are faded.:( Thank you for any help!

There is no bluetooth support compiled in the kernel and no usb2bluetooth either. Noone has yet compiled a new kernel. It's simply not possible withou the source code of Archos.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bosset wrote:
Is it possible to use full screen in applications (especially video players) - hide system bar when not touching the screen or something? I can't find any solution to this :( Thanks again..

See tips & tweaks in first post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
gibou wrote:
very strange.

The snapshots are stored on the sdcard. The sdcard is not cleaned or formatted on a new flash. So the snapshots will remain on the sdcard.
Did you have birdiebnl's rom before my rom? In that case the folder structure has been created on the sdcard.

In my rom the internal memory is at /mnt/sdcard and /flash. They are symlinked to each other.
The sdcard is at /mnt/sdcard/external_sd and /sdcard. These are also symlinked to each other.
The snapshots created from birdiebnl's rom should still be on the sdcard. I used birdibnl's rom also a couple of times to test and compare. I did have the snapshots folder also on my sdcard then, but no new snapshots were added after I used my own rom again. If you check the folder (and that can be veeeerrrryyyy sloooow) and you are using my rom, you should see that no new snapshots are created.

It's new snapshot files... very strange... Maybe I shall reflash it again and take care when I use RK tools... I don't find how to disable it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Maybe I found it...
I shall set persist.sampling_profiler=0 on my build.prop... I don't have my tablet here...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:09 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

gibou wrote:
Maybe I found it...
I shall set persist.sampling_profiler=0 on my build.prop... I don't have my tablet here...

I don't know how experienced you are but upon startup the following files are read in the mentioned order: default.prop (boot.img), build.prop (system.img) and local.prop in /data.
You can't change default.prop and build.prop without rebuilding your rom. You can create and add the file local.prop to /data with something like root explorer or in a terminal.
On reboot the local.prop is also read.

This will make sure whether you did the right thing. If it is this setting than it should be changed in the build.prop

EDIT: I just checked in birdiebnl's rom but his build.prop also has the value persist.sampling_profiler=0, so I assume it's something else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok, I just rebuild your rom in order to change this parameter. I will see if it's ok now. I didnt know that it was impossible to mount rw system partition... hopefully, I keep my old ubuntu in my computer...
Just a question about the order. Last parameter set on local.prop will override parameter define on other prop file?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you for creative work, hvdwolf. Some problems I find.
1. I can not install some programs (Olive Office, Navitel, 2GIS and others) on 7htv2_froyo.16,17 . These programs must be installed only on the sd card on froyo. But this is impossible in your firmware.
2. I also found the folder is / sdcard / external / snapshot /. Number of files in that folder is constantly growing. About 800 files right now.
Best wishes from from our forum http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=179077&st=800

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1618 Next