Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:20 am 
Archos User
Archos User

"I made contact with BirdieBNL and he emailed me this new link to his most recent Froyo rom:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~birdieb/archos/7htv2_22.22.zip
He said he is still using it himself. Birdie is a total gentleman and scholar! Thanks a bunch!"

I installed this latest Birdie Froyo rom and after 2 days of playing with it I think for the first time I've got an after 2.1 rom that's smooth, fast and with no video, audio, pics or market issues at all. I can even move further away from my wireless router and not lose connection. This rom is solid. Breathed new life into my 7. Not only that but the new Google Play (Market) automatically updated and installed. This is freaking sweet! \:D/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys,

Im using birdiebnl's rom, and have noticed there are remnants of the mobile 3G settings in there.
I am currently trying the hacked version of the Skygo app for watching Sky tv, and it appears that Sky are looking for a valid IMEI number for it to stream content. There are several ways of spoofing sky into thinking you have a SIM card installed, but since in birdies rom there appears to be settings for mobile, i was wondering if there is a way to add an IMEI number in this rom??

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:46 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

coline69 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im using birdiebnl's rom, and have noticed there are remnants of the mobile 3G settings in there.
I am currently trying the hacked version of the Skygo app for watching Sky tv, and it appears that Sky are looking for a valid IMEI number for it to stream content. There are several ways of spoofing sky into thinking you have a SIM card installed, but since in birdies rom there appears to be settings for mobile, i was wondering if there is a way to add an IMEI number in this rom??

Thanks

I assume it is possible as I have modified several jars before, but in this case I can't do it as I don't know what to do and how to do it.
Next to that: My A7HTv2 isn't functioning anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I installed the 7HTV2_22.22 rom, but I can't get the play store fully functional.
I can use it, but it cannot find most apps (I always get "your device isn't compatible with this item").

I tried the "To get the market working" procedure every time I shutdown, but it does not change.

I read about editing the build.prop file and changing the ro.build.description and ro.build.fingerprint,
but I'm not sure about what value to choose.

@Cyberpunk, when you say "...Not only that but the new Google Play (Market) automatically updated and installed...", I suppose you did not have these issues?

Any suggestions, or should I just keep cleaning the cache... :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 am 
Archos User
Archos User

b4R1z wrote:
Cyberpunk, when you say "...Not only that but the new Google Play (Market) automatically updated and installed...", I suppose you did not have these issues?

I don't know bro. After several hours of playing with it, it just updated on its own to the new Google Play. It didn't show a whole lot but after I did the market fix of clearing the Google Play cache and then clearing the Google Services Framework cache and data and then rebooting, viola! The whole 9 yards showed up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just for info on the HVDWolf Rom one thing that seemed to work was using archtools from the appslib store think it was used after the normal fix. Fred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:54 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

b4R1z wrote:

It will automatically update anywhere between 30 minutes and 3 hours after first connecting to the Google servers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My friends,

i bought a year ago th archos home7v2 i want to upgrade this device.
i saw a rom build by birdie
i got a few questions ceause im new to this.
how does it work?
how save is it to do it?
is it in dutch?

if it doesnt work is there a way out?

regards Doc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Download the file. Extract it using Winzip if necessary. Copy the file "update.img" to the root directory of your Archos HT Version 2. Disconnect from PC. Reboot the tablet. The new 2.2 version of Android should install on your tablet. (Make sure you are mains connected or have plenty of battery power). Installation may take 15 mins or more.

Once installed, this BirdieBnl 2.2 rom takes longer to boot up than the default (2.1) firmware, but it is good. Recommended.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dutch system language should be able to be chosen from the menus once installation and reboot has completed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Guys,

Im using Birdies 2.2 ROM, and currently having problems copying a sh file to /system/xbin
Basically its telling me that copying fails, and it appears that he whole system directory is write protected.

I have tried checking that i have root access (get # prompt when in terminal) and have tried various apps like Root Explorer etc and set system to mount as writable etc, but still no joy...any ponters please??

Cheers

Colin :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

coline69 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Im using Birdies 2.2 ROM, and currently having problems copying a sh file to /system/xbin
Basically its telling me that copying fails, and it appears that he whole system directory is write protected.

I have tried checking that i have root access (get # prompt when in terminal) and have tried various apps like Root Explorer etc and set system to mount as writable etc, but still no joy...any ponters please??

Cheers

Colin :(

Its "Read Only" (R/O) in this firmware. Birdie didn't make this firmware with R/W capabilities on the system partition. If there's a way to change this without re-doing the rom I would like to know myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi BirdieBNL,

Im a new user of this Arnova 7 G1 (I think is A7HTv2, formally). Today I installed the "arnova7G1_froyo.02" from Hdvwolf and I was reading about the problems with the market versions.

Could you please tell me what are the improvements between hdvwolf and your ROM in this issue? (and in general?)

birdiebnl wrote:
Still cannot update the first post... A new ROM.

7htv2_22.22 20 june 2011

- Disabled the sampling profiler so no snapshots are writen anymore to the snapshots directory of the SD card.
- Added the Google Contacts application
- Fixed the Calendar synching issue.
- Added working PhotoBrowser
Market needs the "market fix", see below.
For fullscreen and adhoc use ROMSettings.

Download : 7htv2_22.22 (multiupload)

7htv2_22.21 17 june 2011

Patched the webkit, so the Android browser doesn't crash anymore on the Google Mobile page.
Also nice to know is that somehow USB Mass Storage is kind of working, see this youtube movie.
Market needs the "market fix", see below.
For fullscreen and adhoc use ROMSettings.

Download : 7htv2_22.21 (multiupload)

7htv2_22.20 12 June 2011

Froyo ROM for Archos 7 HT V2, based on several other RK2818 Android Froyo ROMs. (still the old A7HTV2 kernel :( )
Supports ROMSettings for fullscreen operation and AdHoc WLAN. (ROMSettings)
In this Froyo ROM I've made a patch so that the problem with Apps only installing if the device is mounted to the PC is gone (Angry Birds and Aldiko e.g.). Now all applications are installed on Internal memory.
Included Launcher is ADW.Launcher.
Slide lock can be unlocked by sliding, but also with menu button (Short slide of the power switch to the left)
Also got rid of that annoying package scanner.

Download : 7htv2_22.20 (multiupload)

This 7htv2_22.20 and 7htv2_22.21 ROM still needs the "market fix":

1) start the market, sing in to your Google account, and wait a little while (I wait until the new Market update is downloaded, you can see this in Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, under the Downloaded section.)
2) After this go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications
3) Clear the cache of the Market. (Not the data!)
4) Clear the data of the Google Framework Services
5) Reboot (I recommend doing this by resetting the device with a needle, as it seems the device is more stable after one reset) and go to Market, it should work and show you all apps. If not just repeat step 1 till 5.

Note step 1) If your market the first time keeps "loading", just force close it (Settings->Applications->Manage Applications) and start again.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25