Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

good morning/afternoon all

i am a little new to this forum but not on the modding scene. First i want to thank BierdieBNL for his fantastic Rom. now that i got that out of the way , here is my noob question....
ever since i install 7HTV2_22.22, i cannot get the market app to work. i have follow the 5 steps of market glory but it wont work. The following is the symptoms

* After i download the new update and install it,clear the cache on the market app and clear the data on the framework i then reset the tablet
* After rebooting the tablet i load the market
* The app goes in to the main dashboard and then after 5 minutes it shutdown
* I have tried this without updating the app but i still get the same results
* i even factory reset the device twice, still the same result
* this was a clean isntall. meaning i delete any other old rom by using the recovery tool and process posted in the forum

any help will be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Update.... i install the latest and greatest Market APK and it start working

i install version 3.1.3 and did the market trick and it work fine without timing out ....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I flashed BirdieBNL's 22.22 ROM and now the A7 doesn't recognize the SD card nor does it allow me to connect to my PC through the USB. The USB connection window opens okay but when I press the button to alow the USB connection, the little revolving icon that shows something is processing just continues to spin, but the connection to the PC isn't made. Funny, toiugh that 2 drives show up in explorer (G and H) suggesting that some conectiuon was made, but when I click those drive letters I get message that they're not connected. Debugging is unchecked and usb host is off., so that's not the issue The A7 itself works fine, market works, I can dowload apps and they work fine, browser works fine, but I can't download files (music, videos, etc) because my sd card is not recognized.
Do I need to unbrick using the RKAndroidBatch Upgrade? In doing so, can someone tell me if the drivers are downloaded to the PC or the A7? Also, the unbricking instructions from wiki says to connect the A7 to pc with the A7 turned off. Does the unbricking process run with the A7 tuned off? Onfinal question. before connecting to PC, I'm supposed to power off, lock the archos, then reset (using pin reset on back of A7). When I do that, nothing happens. Is the A7 supposed to reboot and turn on when I do that? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I covered
everything. I'm a novice so answer needs to be real simple. Thanks..

P.S. I had a Froyo 09 ROM before flashing 22.22.

Edit: didn't work. Tried installing rk281x x86 vista driver but got message that this folder didn'T hasve correct driver. I'm using laptop with windoes vista, 32bit. Can anyone help me?

Edit 8-31-11: I was able to install the driver by using an xp computer. Apparently it doesn't work if you have a vista OS. The RKAndroidBatchUpgrade worked like a charm and evrything is back to normal--SD card is reasd by A7, and A7 is recognized by PC. I really like bierdiBNL's 22.22 ROM.....very fast, music and videos play smoothly without skips, and ablity to change layout of home page and size of icons is very convenient. Thanks to all who tried to help me through this, and thanks to bierdibnl and hvdwolf for the great ROMs they have created and shared with us!

Last edited by CharlieH on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello . I've just installed this rom and i find it the most perfect one. But.... Where is screen calibration? It is not in settings and it doesn't pop up after reset.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

MrFett wrote:
Hello . I've just installed this rom and i find it the most perfect one. But.... Where is screen calibration? It is not in settings and it doesn't pop up after reset.

My understanding is that it is no longer part of Android releases as it is supposed to be automatic now. You may be able to find an app that will do this calibration if needed. So it is not a defect of the Custom ROM.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:14 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

MrFett wrote:

Are you sure? You don't have the Menu->Settings ; "Touch Panel Calibration"?

The TSCalibration.apk is the apk to calibrate your tablet. It's inside your system/app folder (your default file manager will not show it).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

DaleDe wrote:
MrFett wrote:

My understanding is that it is no longer part of Android releases as it is supposed to be automatic now. You may be able to find an app that will do this calibration if needed. So it is not a defect of the Custom ROM.

That's not correct. Capacitive screens don't need manual calibration. Resistive screens do. Our V2 has a resisitive screen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I found application in System/app ...i reinstalled it and still ...it is nowhere to be found. There is nothing in Settings menu.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:16 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

MrFett wrote:
I found application in System/app ...i reinstalled it and still ...it is nowhere to be found. There is nothing in Settings menu.

You don't have to install it. apps that come pre installed in the rom are in /system/app.

Apps which you install via the market or appslib (or whatever method) are installed in /data/app but you can't start apps via a file manager (AFAIK).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I went with explorer to system/app and clicked the tscalibration - it asked if i want to reainstall it. And still i can't open application anywhere - do you think i need to reflash the firmware?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

I just bought Archos 7 Home Tablet yesterday and flashed with the 7HTV2_22.22 ROM and everything is just working perfect.

Thing is, the Softkeys weren't replaced, there are still the Eclair default ugli-ish and BIG softkeys. What's wrong?

Anyway, I installed Launcher Pro and unlocked it and I prefer it to ADW. Your ROM rocks, and its working flawlessly for me. The only thing is that when I saw the screenshots, everyone has the new Softkeys, why I don't?

Thank you,
Richard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

MrFett wrote:
I went with explorer to system/app and clicked the tscalibration - it asked if i want to reainstall it. And still i can't open application anywhere - do you think i need to reflash the firmware?

I think it is a screen issue. As I also build custom roms I do a lot of screen calibrations. Since 4-5 days I can no longer calibrate my screen as the top-left corner can't be calibrated any more. I'm afraid the Archos screen quality is not that good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:41 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can someone answer my question, please? :/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

zinksilver wrote:
Can someone answer my question, please? :/

Within 24 hours? Don't be so pushy. Read the forum rules.
Next to this: Repeat your question (by quoting it). In this case there was only one post in between but your pushy incomplete way makes it neccessary for users who might want to help you first to search to "whatever did he ask anyway". That's not inviting.
I don't have a clue and that's maybe the exact same reason why others haven't answered yet.
The only thing that comes to mind: if you skin your replacement laucher, be it QQ, ADW, Go or whatever launcher, then the softkeys might be replaced as well, depending on the skin. Did you check that?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm a total noob to Android and tablets, but this custom ROM sounds really great and I want to install it. But just in case it turns out I don't like it (or something doesn't work), will I be able to downgrade it back to 2.1? (might be a stupid question, but that happened to me with a PSP once)

What I found so far is that you install any version just like you'd install Froyo (as described here: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-tablet/android-2-2-froyo-market-root-archos-7-ht-v2/). Is that right? I just don't know where to find an .img file for Eclair 2.1- so I'd probably try to locate that on my tablet (I'm at work at the moment :| and don't have the tablet on hand to check) and copying it to my PC. Will that work?

Also, do I need to update to the latest Archos firmware to do it? My guess is that this custom ROM will overrule/delete any Archos FW anyway, so the answer to my question would be no... correct?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions- but before I start fiddling around without knowing what I'm doing I'd rather be sure... Anyway, thanks for your patience, any help is greatly appreciated! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Collaroy wrote:
What I found so far is that you install any version just like you'd install Froyo (as described here: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-tablet/android-2-2-froyo-market-root-archos-7-ht-v2/). Is that right? I just don't know where to find an .img file for Eclair 2.1- so I'd probably try to locate that on my tablet (I'm at work at the moment :| and don't have the tablet on hand to check) and copying it to my PC. Will that work?

no firmware update neccessary. The custom rom IS the firmware.
Download the default 2.1 image from the Archos.com site from the support page.
Then follow the instructions in that link, which are exactly the same as the instruction on the Archos site itself.

Post subject: Rom Poll
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Would be nice if we had a poll asking people what version of the rom runs best for them, will make it a bit easier for new people like to see what has the best track record.

Post subject: Re: Rom Poll
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Neardark wrote:
Would be nice if we had a poll asking people what version of the rom runs best for them, will make it a bit easier for new people like to see what has the best track record.

You're in the right thread, it's the best version (I've personally tried them all). There's no problem with video/audio, it's pretty fast, and battery usage is relatively slow. There are some minor problems with cache of browser (I need to clean it time after time) and you still need to do Market Fix.

The image I'm using now is 63686660 bytes long (and zipped size is 57 MB). Took it from here http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-tablet/android-2-2-froyo-market-root-archos-7-ht-v2/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have been running the top version from page one, runs great, mounts usb no problem, Android Market works fine, did not need fixed, angry birds installled ok except seasons that I had to mount USB for it to install.

p.s when I boot the system, I get an error but then its fine and works fine, until it randomly reboots for no reason lol

Only downside is the icons on the home screen are too far apart, cant fit many on, might try that version you mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jdoo wrote:
The image I'm using now is 63686660 bytes long (and zipped size is 57 MB). Took it from here http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-tablet/android-2-2-froyo-market-root-archos-7-ht-v2/

Neardark wrote:
Only downside is the icons on the home screen are too far apart, cant fit many on, might try that version you mentioned.

That arctablet version IS THIS 22.22 version from birdiebnl. They simply refer to this forum. No reason to try that one as you are already running it.

The icons is an ADWLaucher setting. You can decide for your self how many icons you want vertically and horizontally.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next