Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:25 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

@birdiebnl: I installed your 22.22 rom last night. Very nice rom.

It seems a tad slower than my tiny/small rom but that can also be my false interpretation ;)
WiFi is stabler than mine, but still not as stable as eclair (and still no autoswitching on networks unfortunately but mine doesn't either).
USB is working fine: connecting keyboards and usb sticks works fine.

EDIT: Unfortunately WiFi is less stable than experienced on the first day and the same as the other froyo roms.

Last edited by hvdwolf on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thanks hvdwolf

will try that
is andSMB in the Market?

have the 7ht @home today - so i will take a look at it in the afternoon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello folks,

first, big thx @birdie for putting up such great rom. I just got my 7HT v2 2 hours ago, flashed him 30min afterwards,
and now i got everything installed and running what i ever wanted to have.
The first Movies are up, a selection of Music (together with Winamp), everything is nice. :)

I have only one little Questions:
- i know that the v2 isn┬┤t really fast. But i wanted to try one or two of the lesser hardware-hungry Live-Wallpaper,
but i don┬┤t have the possibilty to do that.

Is that because it isn┬┤t implemented, for speed issues?
Or wasn┬┤t there a live-wallpaper in 2.2? (my phone runs on 2.3, so i don┬┤t remember...)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Let me also reiterate the congratulations and thanks to Birdie's efforts in developing and proving this image - awaesome effort Birdie.

I have been running version 22.21 for a week or so, experienced few issues and continued to progressively load and install new apps from the market (most worked successful, a minority didn't).

After the auto-update of a number of the apps this morning the tablet rebooted. Since then it has failed to return to operation. The unit is now constantly cycling through the boot process, never making it ready for use. I have tried the reset button to interrupt the cycle without success.

I am happy to rebuild the unit but can't currently get the unit into an off/ready state to accept the the new o/s image.

Any one else experienced this issue? Got any ideas to get me my tablet back and running?

Thx,
Alan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

crox wrote:
Let me also reiterate the congratulations and thanks to Birdie's efforts in developing and proving this image - awaesome effort Birdie.

I have been running version 22.21 for a week or so, experienced few issues and continued to progressively load and install new apps from the market (most worked successful, a minority didn't).

After the auto-update of a number of the apps this morning the tablet rebooted. Since then it has failed to return to operation. The unit is now constantly cycling through the boot process, never making it ready for use. I have tried the reset button to interrupt the cycle without success.

I am happy to rebuild the unit but can't currently get the unit into an off/ready state to accept the the new o/s image.

Any one else experienced this issue? Got any ideas to get me my tablet back and running?

Thx,
Alan

http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... T_Version2
Try this with your update.img
It's quite easy and safe, remember don't let the battery get low when flash.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Many thanks for the advice.

Took a little effort to get the unit quiesent in order to reflash it but was finally successful after using the pwr button to lock position (right) whilst pressing the reset button.

Now flasehed and running the latest ROM 22.22.

Now I need to take more care over installing apps, one of the later installs broke this image.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi im new to this i downloaded your rom and now cant hook into my computer can you please help me

thanks
Gene

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm new too and this happened to me (or something very like it). When you plug in check the status by dragging down the top bar. When I did this I saw it said USB debugging. By clicking on this you can change it to USB storage mode.

I've been chasing around after lots of stuff today and don't recall where I found everything - there is a download that includes Windows USB drivers - I think it was in another main firmware thread you may need to install those.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:07 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all, I'm new here :roll:

I've seen that you have lots advanced with Froyo in Archos 7.

I do have a Chinese device which call itself A70BHT, Archos 7 Home v2. I'm running a Froyo ROM taken here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=988740&page=30. Works fine with Market and lots of apps, but it's not rooted 100%. Some nice applications claims is not rooted at all, among it is Titanium Backup and an app called Root Checker, which doesn't find SU in the right PATH. Here some pics
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Daremo_Sensanome/AdamShanks3.jpg http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b434/Daremo_Sensanome/AdamShanks1.jpg
Can be seen that SU works partially good

I've noticed that some masters here have solved the problem of Titanium Backup. Is there some hint to share with me about this issue?
I'll be eternally thankful, and I'll try to give back in something I know. For instance the nice app that allow me to take that pics from the device into a browser in my PC, called PicMe from the Market.

Again, help me to solve the issue of Titanium Backup, like the tool you used to root you ROMs.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

kwikbreaks wrote:
I'm new too and this happened to me (or something very like it). When you plug in check the status by dragging down the top bar. When I did this I saw it said USB debugging. By clicking on this you can change it to USB storage mode.

I've been chasing around after lots of stuff today and don't recall where I found everything - there is a download that includes Windows USB drivers - I think it was in another main firmware thread you may need to install those.

AFAIK Froyo works showing in the notifications, via rolling top bar, the USB status.
The USB debugging status to be able to change it easily.
The same for the option of put USB storage mode on or off. Connected to the PC or not connected. This allow the user to transfer files from or to the PC and disconnect it (off), to install or use such files.
USB port in Froyo have also the option of put the device in Host mode, this is to allow external device get into the device. Sort of OTG.
This makes very flexible the use of USB port.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@ DaremoS

Could you tell me which ROM you used on your tablet on this link.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=988740

I was wondering if it works on our A7HTv2, cause it has the same specs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

YuYeVon, unfortunately it doesn't work, due to a problem in the display. Mine is a NextBook Next3 / Prestigio PMP3084B covered here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=13503105 with a screen of 8.4" while Arcos 7v2 have a screen of 7".
Anyway I load the firmware and the screen remains black. I've flashed several ROM without troubles, so it's not a problem to recover it.
My device is like the Archos Arnova 84.

My problem is that Froyo is not fully rooted and some apps run OK and some others do not. My test is Root Checker or Titanium Backup, not running OK actually.

The ROM is
2.2 Froyo v4 fixed root, Added some essential apps Special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he fixed it!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOY8KA14
Not fully rooted.

Thankss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, first i want to congratulate birdiebnl for the good work and the last 22.22 ROM :)

Second - i have Prestigio 5070 witch is the same as Archos 7v2 that you guys are using. Everything is very good and i'm very pleased with the ROM... but ... :) i have some weird experience with the wallpaper. In landscape mode the wallpaper is not ok. It is showed wrong but in portrait mode it is ok. So my english is not so good but ppl try to set a wallpaper like 800x480 and you will see what i mean. Can something be done and the wallpaper stretches and adjusting itself to portrait and landscape mode? I'd like to see the whole pic not just 1/6 of it. If you cant understand what i mean, i'll make a movie and post it in youtube than ill post a link here.

10x in advance

P.S.
i've read everything in the wiki about archos 7v2 wallpapers, downloaded all of them but they didn't worked properly on 22.22 rom. They are cut in half in landscape mode and above them is a blank line. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi birdiebnl,

Great ROM so far. All applications I wanted on it are working perfectly. ;)

However, I do have a small request for future ROMs. Would it be possible to integrate the OpenVPN binaries, or at least tun.ko?

Best regards,
Benedikt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:50 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

beniwtv wrote:
However, I do have a small request for future ROMs. Would it be possible to integrate the OpenVPN binaries, or at least tun.ko?
Good idea, let's collect all modules which are compatible with RK2818, so i can include them in the ROM. So you can insmod if you like.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl

I know you have done a great work with your ROMs. I would use them if it weren't that in our tablets we have resistive 800x600.

I would like to know how did you solve the problem of Titanium Backup that doesn't run in our tablets claiming it's not root

we are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=13503105

Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I upgraded my Archos 7HT V2 to 7htv2 22.22 and it worked GREAT for a week. Then Fri night got a low memory message, but it worked fine the rest of that evening. Now when I try to boot it goes to green Android w/BirdieBNL in lower right corner. I can't get any of my 4 computers to see the 7htv2 w/USB, even tried the drivers from RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe with no luck. Tried Unbrick A7HT Version2 with no luck as can't get computer to see it with the USB.
NEED HELP PLEASE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:04 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

MX 2 TV wrote:
I upgraded my Archos 7HT V2 to 7htv2 22.22 and it worked GREAT for a week. Then Fri night got a low memory message, but it worked fine the rest of that evening. Now when I try to boot it goes to green Android w/BirdieBNL in lower right corner. I can't get any of my 4 computers to see the 7htv2 w/USB, even tried the drivers from RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe with no luck. Tried Unbrick A7HT Version2 with no luck as can't get computer to see it with the USB.

First try to reset your device by sticking a needle or so in the reset hole.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

First try to reset your device by sticking a needle or so in the reset hole.[/quote]

HdWolf... kindly read the message I sent to Birdie.
I love your work unfortunately your ROM doesn't work in my device Arnova 84

Message to Birdie was this:

I would like to know how did you solve the problem of Titanium Backup that doesn't run in our tablets claiming it's not root
we are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... p=13503105

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yes, I can reset it, but just stops at the green Android boot screen. As far as not getting USB to work from my computers, would that be USB debugging turned ON and I have no way to turn off. Are there any work arounds or back doors to get into Archos 7HT V2 to get USB working?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next