Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 625 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:37 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

jcguevarahh7 wrote:
WHEN YOU SAI USB DISK SWITCHED ON DO YOU REFFER TO ALL SETTINGS>USB MODE SELECT>HOST MODE ON

No. Just connect Archos via USB to the PC, press the "menu", "notice" (or how is the correct name in the English - the second low icon from the right side), USB, connect as USB disk (or something like this in English). Your Archos must be mounted as the mass storage to the PC. After that you can install even the app which are trying to access the Archos's internal storage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

jcguevarahh7 wrote:
GOT IT !!!!!!!!!, DID INSTALL MANGRY BIRDS BUT IS SLOW, WAY WAY SLOW, CAN I TWEAK THAT SOME HOW

You must kill other running apps. See the "Angry Birds on V2" topic: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=47134

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:23 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

hvdwolf wrote:
I will test tonight with the eclair photo viewer to see whether that one works on Froyo. If that doesn't work: I have encountered already 4 "different" Rockchip viewers from several tablets being Archos, Apad, Wopad and others. At least one of them should work :)

I' using QickPic which works OK for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

how do you install this on a android 2.1 ? *new to the achors world*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:

No, you can't change it yourself. Off course it is very simple to change it for me, but at the same time it's my "signature". I'll give it a thought and come back to you.

I am not against art, but a girl would like something neutral.
March 8, as I tell her these words?)

I agree about the sign (this is the right of the author), but it would be ... have a standard bootlogo, with your signature.
Thank you very much!

add: or to consider my request as a "custom firmware". without a "thank you" ($) will not leave :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

DID INSTALL THE 22.04 CUSTOM ROOM, DID KILL ALL THE APP RUNNING, BUT STILL GETTING VERY SLOW RESPONSE TO ANGRY BIRDS AND OTHER GAMES, WONDER HOW DOES ANGRY BIRD PLAY ON ECLAIR 2.1, AND HOW DO I INSTALL IT FOR IT, BOUGT THE DEVICE FOR MY 5 YEAR OLD, SO HE CAN LEAVE ALONE MY EVO 4G ($ 600.00 TO REPLACE IT), ANY SUGESTION THIS IS MORE TO BE USED FOR GAMES AND LEARNING PURPOSES, ANY SUGESTION WICH WAY SHOULD I GO.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

jcguevarahh7 wrote:
DID INSTALL THE 22.04 CUSTOM ROOM, DID KILL ALL THE APP RUNNING, BUT STILL GETTING VERY SLOW RESPONSE TO ANGRY BIRDS AND OTHER GAMES, WONDER HOW DOES ANGRY BIRD PLAY ON ECLAIR 2.1, AND HOW DO I INSTALL IT FOR IT, BOUGT THE DEVICE FOR MY 5 YEAR OLD, SO HE CAN LEAVE ALONE MY EVO 4G ($ 600.00 TO REPLACE IT), ANY SUGESTION THIS IS MORE TO BE USED FOR GAMES AND LEARNING PURPOSES, ANY SUGESTION WICH WAY SHOULD I GO.

Sorry but it was not very clever to buy $200 device for games! Archos 7 V2 is not game device but only internet tablet. It's good for web browsing, video performance, photo browsing and perhaps for Google apps. If you want something for games, buy a device with 1,5 GHz processor with 500 GB harddrive. And spend other $600 or more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jcguevarahh7 wrote:

Stop using uppercase characters. It is considered extremely rude to "shout".
Check the third sticky post in every subforum: New Members info and Site Rules - READ HERE FIRST and in this case the specific line "- Topic Subjects or Posts in all CAPS are difficult to read, and will be deleted by a member of staff."

Please search the web for forum etiquette and please follow these rules of etiquette.

Note that I'm not a moderator and I myself are far from perfect, but you obviously did not read that post even though it really urges you to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Max Hunt wrote:
- Not sure if this is a bug, but I can't turn off "airplane mode" from the shutdown menu. Silent mode I can toggle on and off, I can reboot, I can turn on the airplane mode but not off. Turning on Wifi manually doesn't seem to work either, the option just turns gray when I press it.

Even after a reboot there remains a problem, airplane mode is turned off again but my Wifi can't be turned on. When I press the button in the settings menu it just turns gray. Every time I move up a menu and then go back the button is active again, but pressing it turns it gray and nothing happens.

Yep - same here. I caught the "airplane mode" button and now can not get the wifi back on. I m taking this as a hint to go from 22.3. to 22.4 and re-flash as that seems to be the only solution at the moment.

Everso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jcguevarahh7 wrote:

Turn the background off(the icon with the mountain) at the settings in the begin screen. This makes it much more playable. But it isn't ideal yet. Turn off WiFi makes you get lost of the anoying adds.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:58 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

LJui wrote:
Turn the background off(the icon with the mountain)

Wow. So it's really quick now! It's even playable much better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I noticed that my audio / video players can't see the songs / movies I've copied to the tablet, even though I've made sure they are on the tablet. I can't even find the folders those files are inside with the explorer or the root explorer. Does this have to do with Froyo or am I perhaps missing some Apps?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:42 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Try to restart your tablet. I had twice a problem that Archos was unable to recognize the most of files on my SD card - restart always helped.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:25 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Max Hunt wrote:
I noticed that my audio / video players can't see the songs / movies I've copied to the tablet, even though I've made sure they are on the tablet. I can't even find the folders those files are inside with the explorer or the root explorer. Does this have to do with Froyo or am I perhaps missing some Apps?

I'm not sure but the file system has changed going from eclair to froyo/gingerbread (2.3) and will further change towards honeycomb (3.0).
The internal memory and the sdcard have different folder names assigned in Froyo/gingerbread.
2.1 and earlier:
/flash was internal memory
/sdcard was a soft link (shortcut) to /flash
/sdcard/sdcard was the sdcard

2.2/2.3
/mnt/sdcard is internal memory
/mnt/sdcard/external_sd is sdcard
/flash is a soft link (shortcut) to /mnt/sdcard
/sdcard is a soft link (shortcut) to /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

I've seen already quite a few programs getting "confused" by this.
I assume that:
- either a lot of programs are Froyo compatible but miss the full 100% compatibility
- The original rom/kernel/binaries builder of this 2.2 rom (some manufacturer) is not completely used to the new structure and has perhaps some hard coded paths in the applications, or forget the ending slash when dealing with "soft linked" folders (ls /sdcard versus ls /sdcard/). It's a common error in unix/linux/bsd programs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 am 
Archos User
Archos User

hvdwolf - you have perfectly explained for me something what I only anticipate. Thanks!

First time when I was running Archos it was for me strange that sdcard\ was only internal flash and sdcard\sdcard my "real" sdcard (it took more than one hour that I had fully understood that there are "two sdcards" in different meaning. By other linux devices which I had/have it is different. E.g. by maemo mmc1 means external card and mmc2 internal (it was also suprise for me that the "1" means just external).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

there seems to be an unofficial version of flashplayer (released by Tom) available on AppsLib market

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 am 
Archos User
Archos User

nenufar wrote:
there seems to be an unofficial version of flashplayer (released by Tom) available on AppsLib market

Do you have the link to the apk file? AppsLib market is not included in the froyo ROM.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:56 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Xlendi wrote:
nenufar wrote:

Do you have the link to the apk file? AppsLib market is not included in the froyo ROM.

In my zips I always include the APK folder structure Archos deleivers with it's updates. In APK/COMMON you will find the Appslib2 program and you can install it. Or simply download the latest version from the Archos downloads page.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 625 Next