Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 525 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:26 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I put the flashplayer 10.1.105.56 inside the rom, but that doesn't help either. Upon startup and checking the applications settings it now mentiones that it's correctly installed, but flash sites either mention to upgrade my too old version (?) or show the "lego" block for a missing plugin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:29 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

hvdwolf wrote:
Xlendi wrote:
Probably routers of different brands (or configuration?) cause different behavior in the A7HTv2 in this Froyo rom?

Yes. Your 22.04,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Xlendi wrote:
hvdwolf wrote:
Xlendi wrote:
Probably routers of different brands (or configuration?) cause different behavior in the A7HTv2 in this Froyo rom?

Yes. Your 22.04,

Sorry, what do you mean? Does my 22.04 cause it? Does that also mean that the 22.03 works correct?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:57 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Sorry, I was quicky answering from the A7 and didn't read the question correctly.

No, I don't think so. I had 22.3 in my device for very short time and I can't say there is any difference. The total disable of wifi connection happed only once. Switching off is quite often (maybe 1/3 of all wakes up). Today I was online also using your adhocable and I didn't realize any problem.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

can i install this rom into a arnova 10? i think it's about the same device.. only difference is that arnova is 10.1inch..?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

djbenson wrote:
can i install this rom into a arnova 10? i think it's about the same device.. only difference is that arnova is 10.1inch..?

I just answered your question in the other thread about the eclair rooted custom rom. I think this will work but I'm not sure.
Like in the other thread: do you already have one?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So I just copy this to the root of the device and re-boot?

If I need to go back I just download the latest form the Archos site and repeat? Have I got this right? Is it possible that this will "brick" my Archos and if so how easy is that situation to resolve?

I'm keen to try this out to get the market access but am very new to android so please forgive the questions.

Everso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Everso wrote:

If I need to go back I just download the latest form the Archos site and repeat? Have I got this right? Is it possible that this will "brick" my Archos and if so how easy is that situation to resolve?

I'm keen to try this out to get the market access but am very new to android so please forgive the questions.

Everso

Sorry if I was too harsh.
If you have a A7HT version 2 you can simply unzip the downloaded file and copy the update.img to the root of your device. Only make sure that your battery is full enough or connect it to the charger. Note that it will take 5-10 minutes (I never timed it actually).
When you don't like it you just copy the original firmware back and you are done.

Last edited by hvdwolf on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've got some feedback on the 22.03 rom:
- The battery indicator doesn't seem to update itself after I've recharged it
- Going to Settings>About this phone>Status crashes the application (proces com.android.settings - perhaps a missing dot between proces and com?)
- Not sure if this is a bug, but I can't turn off "airplane mode" from the shutdown menu. Silent mode I can toggle on and off, I can reboot, I can turn on the airplane mode but not off. Turning on Wifi manually doesn't seem to work either, the option just turns gray when I press it.

Even after a reboot there remains a problem, airplane mode is turned off again but my Wifi can't be turned on. When I press the button in the settings menu it just turns gray. Every time I move up a menu and then go back the button is active again, but pressing it turns it gray and nothing happens.

I'm guessing this is due to having upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2, but I can't find Advanced Task Killer free in the Market.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:37 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Max Hunt wrote:
Even after a reboot there remains a problem, airplane mode is turned off again but my Wifi can't be turned on. When I press the button in the settings menu it just turns gray.

Yes! This could be same as what happened to me as I wrote above two days ago. I pressed also (by mistake) the button "airplane mode" before I have found this issue. After re-installing the ROM wifi works properly and I didn't try airplane mode again (now I'm not speaking about minor problems with weaking up where the solution is simle to turn wifi off and on again).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
Everso wrote:

Everso

Sorry if I was too harsh.
If you have a A7HT version 2 you can simply unzip the downloaded file and copy the update.img to the root of your device. Only make sure that your battery is full enough or connect it to the charger. Note that it will take 5-10 minutes (I never timed it actually).
When you don't like it you just copy the original firmware back and you are done.

I didn't see anything harsh at all. Glad you mentioned it will take so long - I would probably get worried after 2 or 3 and think it was dead. I'm giving it a go now.

Thanks for all your hard work with this - it is appreciated :).

Everso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

birdiebnl and hvdwolf, hello!
Sorry for bad English, I from Russia.
Thanks for the firmware!
But ... I bought this tablet as a gift a girl, and bootlogo it does not fit:)
How can I change it? Or, if you can, make a version with a standard bootlogo.
Thank you from all Russian users! (4pda)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:35 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

rocketamd wrote:
But ... I bought this tablet as a gift a girl, and bootlogo it does not fit:)
How can I change it? Or, if you can, make a version with a standard bootlogo.

Apart from the added text, this painting (Creation of Adam) belongs to highest valued art on the planet: It's from the dome of the Sistine Chapel in the Apostolic Palace in the Vatican city and painted by Michelangelo Buonarroti and regarded as his best achievement (Yes, I'm not only interested in tablets).

No, you can't change it yourself. Off course it is very simple to change it for me, but at the same time it's my "signature". I'll give it a thought and come back to you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

DID INSTALL THE CUSTOM ROOM, MY 7 HT IS RUNNING SLOW AND I CAN"T INSTALL ANGRY BIRDS FROM THE MARKET NOR APPS LIB, IS THERE ANY OPTIMIZATION THAT I CAN DO AND HAS ANYONE ISNTALLED ANGRY BIRDS ON THE CUSTOM ROOM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The flashing worked fine and the market is up and running. Once again thanks for everything you have done so far.

There does seem to be one strange bug - it will not view pictures in full screen. It shows the stacks fine but when you try to view one full screen it's just black. Someone at work has also bought one of these and he is having the same results so I don't think it's just me.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and what to do to resolve the issue?

Everso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:22 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jcguevarahh7 wrote:
DID INSTALL THE CUSTOM ROOM, MY 7 HT IS RUNNING SLOW AND I CAN"T INSTALL ANGRY BIRDS FROM THE MARKET NOR APPS LIB, IS THERE ANY OPTIMIZATION THAT I CAN DO AND HAS ANYONE ISNTALLED ANGRY BIRDS ON THE CUSTOM ROOM

Please don't shout.
Follow the suggestions given here on how to to install angry birds: connect your 7htv2 to a pc with USB disks switched on. Then try to install Angry birds

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:26 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Everso wrote:
There does seem to be one strange bug - it will not view pictures in full screen. It shows the stacks fine but when you try to view one full screen it's just black.

Everyone running this froyo rom has that same issue. I will test tonight with the eclair photo viewer to see whether that one works on Froyo. If that doesn't work: I have encountered already 4 "different" Rockchip viewers from several tablets being Archos, Apad, Wopad and others. At least one of them should work :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hvdwolf wrote:
Everyone running this froyo rom has that same issue. I will test tonight with the eclair photo viewer to see whether that one works on Froyo. If that doesn't work: I have encountered already 4 "different" Rockchip viewers from several tablets being Archos, Apad, Wopad and others. At least one of them should work :)

ah - had not seen that mentioned in the thread. I await your pearls of wisdom then :)

Everso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

WHEN YOU SAI USB DISK SWITCHED ON DO YOU REFFER TO ALL SETTINGS>USB MODE SELECT>HOST MODE ON

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

GOT IT !!!!!!!!!, DID INSTALL MANGRY BIRDS BUT IS SLOW, WAY WAY SLOW, CAN I TWEAK THAT SOME HOW

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 525 Next