Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 525 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

HI !

22.04 work great, thx Wolf and bird !!

Someone can explain me how remove status phone bar in notification ?

Flash can be fixed or cpu limitation can't run flash support ?

CPU @311Mhz can be overclocked for best navigation ?

THX !!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I was playing with new "froyo" ROM for some hours yesterday evening and till this morning. That's awsome and the very most of applications works better and perhaps faster than before.

However I found some minor issues:
1) after installing an application using the USB connection "trick" my SDCard was not readable by the Archos; the solution was easy - to restar (ON/OFF was enough) the Archos
2) the other "issue" is that not always after weaking up o the device connect to the wifi again. The solution is also easy - to disable/enable the wifi connection in settings. (I was not using adhocable yet.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Xlendi wrote:
2) the other "issue" is that not always after weaking up o the device connect to the wifi again. The solution is also easy - to disable/enable the wifi connection in settings. (I was not using adhocable yet.)

I have that too but it functions automatically again after 30-60 seconds. I assume wifi is really shut off, even though the setting is still to "ON". I therefore also assume it will simply request access again (connect, request ip, provide password, and so on) and that takes some time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

At First I will say Hello

Im from Germany so dont be worry about my bad English. I hope you can understand me.
Tomorrow i get my new A7HT V2. Iordered it only for media player at first because it is very cheap. Now i found this site.

Some question The "Froyo" is it in german to or only english?

After that have i Flash surport for normal pages with movies it will great if its possible. The app Flash normal works with 2.2

If froyo dont work for me can I go back to original firmware without problems.

works froyo for divx movies with acc or need i an other player an codecs. this is very important for me.

Thanks a lot
MFg
Thorwald

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

THORWALD wrote:
Some question The "Froyo" is it in german to or only english?

That's Android! You can choose your language. German is included.
THORWALD wrote:
After that have i Flash surport for normal pages with movies it will great if its possible. The app Flash normal works with 2.2

A TV application using flash works for me.
THORWALD wrote:
If froyo dont work for me can I go back to original firmware without problems.

Yes.
THORWALD wrote:
works froyo for divx movies with acc or need i an other player an codecs. this is very important for me.

I had no problem to play divx movie using one of the build-in player even under previous ROM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

THORWALD wrote:

many, many codecs are supported including mpeg4-ASP (xvid, lavc, divx) and Mpeg4-ASP (x.264) in avi, mp4 and mkv containers.
With regard to audio mp1/2/3 and ac3 2-channel is supported. aac 2 channel is only supported in an mp4 container, not in mkv or avi.

Note also that the internal video player is not able to play external subtitles. If you want external subtitles (srt, ass/ssa) you need something like meridian, available via the market. I still need to test whether meridian supports internal soft subtitles (srt, ass/ssa) like in mkv and mp4 containers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:19 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

So I had first serious problem. During the widgets settings Archos had been frozen. After restart I wan unalbe to turn wifi on. The same happend even after hard reset. Only solution was re-write the ROM. I don't know if there was problem with any application. Instead these which ware in the custom ROM 22.04 I had installed following apps:
- Adobe Reader
- FBReader
- CollReader
- Aldiko (2.0)
- PalmBookReader
- Angry Birds (using "USB connection trick")
- ─îT24 live TV (using "USB connection trick")
- Opera mini
- Doplhin Browser
- OfficeSuite (trial)
and some other I have only tested and after some minutes unistall.

(I was not tested adhocable in froyo ROM yet.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for help

If no new release will come i will it install on monday.

In my post was a mistake i wrote acc but i mean AC3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Great job, it's working perfectly for me. Just installed de hdvwolf's rooted version, and works like a charm!.

The only important missing feature by now is the flash support, i've downloaded and tried to install the official flash 10.1 plugin, but it refuses to install. As i use my laptop to view online series (via megavideo mainly), it's the only feature left that i should need to finally replace it as a media player and home mail/internet device.

Best regards!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:47 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

As for the Adobe flash - the same problem for me. It's even not available in the market. Using the apk file for the installation is not sucesfull. There is not possible even to install it from the Dropbox.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

for now it's just a skin a little buggy :-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:16 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Other issue. I can't mount a USB flash disk. But mouse or keyboard work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Xlendi wrote:
As for the Adobe flash - the same problem for me. It's even not available in the market. Using the apk file for the installation is not sucesfull. There is not possible even to install it from the Dropbox.

By now I tried with 6 different ro.build.fingerprints to change the "phone" model, incl. verizon (100% Google verified), htc and samsung, but not one gives me access to the flash player on the market.

Can someone point me to the apk. I'd like to try that one as well and also examine it's contents to analyze what it is looking for or configured for.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi hvdwolf.

I've tried the one found here:http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/23/download-official-flash-10-1-v10-1-92-8-for-froyo-now/ which is supposed to work for Froyo, but doesn't install. The 2.1 versions install but crashes every browser i've tried.

Best regards!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Other bug report. Gallery doesn't work correctly. Not only for me but also for another user. The snap selected as a thumbnail is not displayed in fullscreen.

Post subject: Yesss gmail on archos
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

On 22.04, everything fine except flash support , but very very happy to have gmail working....
Thanks for this great rom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:08 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Can someone check for me if JIT is enabled in the 22.03 / 22.04 roms? I'm currently working on a 22.03a (sorry hvdwolf, just made some progress already before i did see your .04, if i make some progress i will integrate in .04)

To check if JIT is enabled just type on the prompt (adb shell e.g.):

# dalvikvm -help

Somewhere in the end of the output there is a line
Code:
Configured with: debugger profiler hprof jit show_exception=1

As you see in my currently installed rom it says JIT. I would like to know if that is also enabled in 22.03 or 22.04.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:50 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

birdiebnl wrote:
Somewhere in the end of the output there is a line
Code:
Configured with: debugger profiler hprof jit show_exception=1

As you see in my currently installed rom it says JIT. I would like to know if that is also enabled in 22.03 or 22.04.

My 22.04 rom mentions the same.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:56 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Xlendi wrote:

I already mentioned that it happened to me as well but that it automatically restored after 30-60 seconds after wake up.
Today I had my tablet with me at work and there the same thing happened as you described. I had to switch wifi off and on to get it working again.
Now at home, it connects again automatically after wake-up (with the 30-60 secs delay).

Probably routers of different brands (or configuration?) cause different behavior in the A7HTv2 in this Froyo rom?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
My 22.04 rom mentions the same.
Thanks for checking.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 525 Next