Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi again,

I flashed the 2011.09 with the help of RK2818: RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe plus drivers
and now the SD card is recognized.

I don't know what caused the problem.

Is it possible to find the versions

2011.10 and 2011.11 ?

(2012.12) creates problems in my case.

Regards,

Kotzo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

kotzo wrote:
Hi again,

I flashed the 2011.09 with the help of RK2818: RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe plus drivers and now the SD card is recognized.

I think that if you had used the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade to flash your Archos with the 2011.12 it would have worked as well.
Also: I think that if you flash it now "the normal way" with the 2011.12 it will also work.

Anyway: You can find the the 2011.11 here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi again,

I use the 2011.11 version and I have a question:

Is it possible to install (flash) google calendars ?

I need it in order to sync my lotus notes events from my laptop to the Archos.

Thanks in advance !!

Kotzo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:59 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Please try to install GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk. If it's named GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.zip after download rename it to GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
It's a 2.1 eclair version which I found later in another tablet's rom.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:07 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I've tried to install this file. The answer of the Android (in English) is:
"Parse Error. There is a problem to parsing the package."

I'm tried to install the package via SD card and alternatively by Dropbox.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

"Parse Error"

"There is a problem parsing the package"

Could you help ???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:02 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
Please try to install GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk. If it's named GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.zip after download rename it to GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
It's a 2.1 eclair version which I found later in another tablet's rom.
It is not a 2.1. eclair version. If you check the Manifest you will see:
Code:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8" android:targetSdkVersion="8" />
Where version 8 of the SDK stands for Froyo. 7 is Eclair. I don't think there is a GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter in Eclair.
kotzo wrote:
"Parse Error"

"There is a problem parsing the package"

Could you help ???
That's because it is a Android 2.2 package.

You could try this one, don't know if it will work. calendar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Not working .

IS there an app (e.g. calendar app) that syncs google calendar directly and not through android google calendar ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:52 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

kotzo wrote:
IS there an app (e.g. calendar app) that syncs google calendar directly and not through android google calendar ?
Well, this ROM 2011.xx won't sync with Google, because sync is turned off in the boot.img.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:16 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

birdiebnl wrote:
kotzo wrote:
Well, this ROM 2011.xx won't sync with Google, because sync is turned off in the boot.img.

Yes and No: I have been sloppy in this rom with regard to syncing.
The default.prop in boot img has "ro.config.sync=no"
The build.prop in the system image has "ro.config.sync=yes".
The latter is executed later so in theory the setting should be "ro.config.sync=yes".

However, you can always set it to yes in a rooted terminal with "setprop ro.config.sync=yes".

That should work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:31 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
Yes and No: I have been sloppy in this rom with regard to syncing.
The default.prop in boot img has "ro.config.sync=no"
The build.prop in the system image has "ro.config.sync=yes".
The latter is executed later so in theory the setting should be "ro.config.sync=yes".

However, you can always set it to yes in a rooted terminal with "setprop ro.config.sync=yes".

Well, boot.img (default.prop) overrules the properties in build.prop. So the build.prop has no effect. I doubt if you can change the read only properties. I don't think that is possible. (Checked, that is not possible).

@kotzo, you could try the 21.02 ROM or the 22.xx ROMs, there is sync on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:02 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I updated the eclair rom and just released a new one. Please read the first post.

I wanted to test drive this improved eclair rom (this 2011.14) against my froyo rom (froyo.08).
Basically there is no difference in performance although sometimes the reaction of an app or the gui seems to be a little slower on the froyo rom. It is definitely true that the eclair rom is more stable than the froyo rom. It hasn't crashed on me in 4-5 days. I have been running the froyo.08 rom for about 10-11 days and it has crashed about 3-4 times. I don't mind as such but it would have been nice if it hadn't crashed.

I switched back now to my froyo rom and will investigate further improvements like for example the normal/fullscreen option and to try to get it more stable.
Naosb has contacted me "off forum" to mention that he is working on gingerbread (2.3.x) but it's in very, very early alpha stage.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hvdwolf wrote:
Naosb has contacted me "off forum" to mention that he is working on gingerbread (2.3.x) but it's in very, very early alpha stage.
I've had gingerbread running on the A7HTv2 a few weeks ago, but with some issues. I don't remember them exactly, but the most annoying thing seemed to be the performance. It felt very slow compared to 2.1 or 2.2.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:39 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

birdiebnl wrote:
hvdwolf wrote:
I've had gingerbread running on the A7HTv2 a few weeks ago, but with some issues. I don't remember them exactly, but the most annoying thing seemed to be the performance. It felt very slow compared to 2.1 or 2.2.

That was my fear as well. Next to that this gingerbread did not use the hardware decoding of the DSP chip for playing videos. But if it gets nicely tuned and optimized it might be an option.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:04 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

And another new rom. Now with a standard read-only system partition. The tablet is faster and boots faster.

I think it will be my last eclair rom.

You can either choose one of Birdbienl's eclair roms or one of my eclair roms. Just check for the contents and functionality and decide which one is the best for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,
so the last rooted firmware version 2011.15 is not based on froyo 2.2?
Do you know if exist a froyo rooted firmware?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:08 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Come on man.
In this same subforum, so close to each other that it easily fits on one page and one screen, there are two threads with froyo custom roms.
The Custom ROM for A7HTV2: Android 2.2 (7HTV2_22.07) and the slightly newer Custom ROM for A7HTV2: Android 2.2 froyo.08.
Most possibly I will release a new froyo.09 rom with the option to switch between fullscreen and normal screen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

And another new rom. Again with a standard read-only system partition. I reimplemented the normal/fullscreen option which requires a trick on a read-only rom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hoi hvdwolf,
ik draai je 2011.15 versie en het valt me op dat
(1) de batterijduur niet echt overhoudt, ik heb het ding nu ca 1 week en moet hem dagelijks en soms 2 keer per dag opladen(en ik zit er echt niet de hele dag mee te spelen).
(2) ook al zet ik hem s'avonds op standby (met half volle accu) hij 'smorgens toch helemaal leeg is en zo dood als een pier
(3) Het opladen ook te wensen overlaat. Over de eerste 50 % doet ie meer dan 3 uur, de laastste 50 % in ca een half uur. Komt een en ander je bekend voor en zit hem dat dan in jouw custom rom of ligt het aan het tablet zelf, is het gewoon een stroomvreter.

Overigens niets dan lof voor het werk dat je verzet en zo graag met ons noobs wil delen. De originele update die ik op dag 2 op het tablet zette leverde me tot 2 keer toe de .....acor loop op en dat is niet echt prettig.

Nog 1 vraagje. Je zegt zelf over te stappen op de froyo versie. Is dat voor de rest van de archos gebruikers ook het beste, maw is de froyo verasie beter, sneller stabieler, minder accuvretend etc etc, of is het gewoon leuk om weer eens wat anders te gebruiken?

Groet Frenzl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:12 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

frenzl wrote:
Hoi hvdwolf,
ik draai je 2011.15 versie en het valt me op dat
(1) de batterijduur niet echt overhoudt, ik heb het ding nu ca 1 week en moet hem dagelijks en soms 2 keer per dag opladen(en ik zit er echt niet de hele dag mee te spelen).
(2) ook al zet ik hem s'avonds op standby (met half volle accu) hij 'smorgens toch helemaal leeg is en zo dood als een pier
(3) Het opladen ook te wensen overlaat. Over de eerste 50 % doet ie meer dan 3 uur, de laastste 50 % in ca een half uur. Komt een en ander je bekend voor en zit hem dat dan in jouw custom rom of ligt het aan het tablet zelf, is het gewoon een stroomvreter.

Overigens niets dan lof voor het werk dat je verzet en zo graag met ons noobs wil delen. De originele update die ik op dag 2 op het tablet zette leverde me tot 2 keer toe de .....acor loop op en dat is niet echt prettig.

Nog 1 vraagje. Je zegt zelf over te stappen op de froyo versie. Is dat voor de rest van de archos gebruikers ook het beste, maw is de froyo verasie beter, sneller stabieler, minder accuvretend etc etc, of is het gewoon leuk om weer eens wat anders te gebruiken?

Groet Frenzl

I will reply in english as this is an english forum. Please stick to english in your subsequent posts.

The battery lifetime in my case is very good. I have just used my tablet for 4-5 hours for ereading outside in the sun, so with the clairity set to 100%. It's more than for 75% full. I used it daily at my work as internet radio using tune-in. After 6-8 hours it is always more than 50% filled and mostly 70% or more.
What kind of of applications are you using? Note that many widgets keep the tablet, and more importantly: your network card (wifi), working continuously thereby draining the battery faster.

At this moment Froyo is slower and less stable. We are working on that. I don't do measurements but for daily use I don't see a difference in battery life between eclair and froyo. It's the widgets that drain the battery.
If you want the best stability and performance, you should stick to eclair. If you don't mind an occasional reboot/crash and want to use the improved functionality of Froyo, switch to Froyo. As mentioned in other posts (and a few lines above) I use my tablet mostly as ereader and also with Froyo it's very stable, be it slightly slower.

You have multiple rom options here, both from myself or from Birdiebnl. Our goals are slightly different and this gives the end user to pick a rom that suits him/her best.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next