Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

dkbkl wrote:
Here you have it: CM7 JUST FOR ARNOVA 10B!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1rqsqo6iv7821n6

PS: I don`t have this tablet, so I cannot test it. I did it with latest boot and system from fun_ and latest firmware from arnovatech.com!
Anyway, very easy to recover from any situation (I guess?), if you need help, just tell me.

It works! It works! I was majorly dissapointed with the 10b when I got it(mostly my fault, should've done some more research on it before buying). This mod is has made the 10b what it should've been out of the box.

Thank you!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Now I just have to figure out how to the Google Android market on it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys,

Loving CM7 on my Arnova 10b tablet! :)

Well, I figured out what I need to do to get and google market on the tablet, but when it boots into the recovery menu, none of the buttons work as the 'Enter' key.

I can use volume-up and volume-down to navigate the menu, but that's about it.

Is there another way, other than the Recovery menu, to install the gapps package?

So very close, I can taste it! :D

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

caffewmilk wrote:
Hi guys,

Loving CM7 on my Arnova 10b tablet! :)

Well, I figured out what I need to do to get and google market on the tablet, but when it boots into the recovery menu, none of the buttons work as the 'Enter' key.

Is there another way, other than the Recovery menu, to install the gapps package?

Thanks.

Hey, how did you manage to get the android market on it? I installed the apk (random one from the internet), but when i opened it, it asked me to create an account: when i clicked OK it just went back to my android home screen without doing anything. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Nemelex,

I downloaded Cyanogenmod's gapps package( http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ ), but ran into an issue which I described in my previous post.

However, I did find out that I could download an apk file and install apps that way.

So far I've installed a PDF reader and Adobe Flash 10 through an apk file.

I'm going to extract the apk files from Cyanogenmod's gapps package and try and get the Android Market installed.

I'll post back after I've tried it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

caffewmilk wrote:
Hi guys,
... but when it boots into the recovery menu, none of the buttons work as the 'Enter' key.

Thanks.

Idd, i noticed that as well. Dunno if there is a way to get around this due to the lack of usable hardware buttons on the tablet.

Post subject: Source
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Do the images made from syrkel2 and dkbkl base on the source of http://www.openaos.org/ ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Things i miss atm (in order of importance):
1. android market (yes indeed, installing seperate packages is no problem, but it's not user friendly at all)
2. camera

A more general problem: a tool that can help me stream video's from my pc; i alrdy tried out ez file explorer (can connect to pc, but can't play the videos for some obscure reason) and plex (can't get it working either). Anyone who can stream videos from his pc with another tool?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Wow, thanks for your work on this Syrkel and dkbkl.

I have the 10B - the install worked and CM7 looks great and runs fast, but same as everyone else I can't figure out how to get gApps. Can't seem to mount /system/app as rw from RootExplorer or terminal (that seems like the first thing I want to try) so I does that mean we have S-ON with this build?

I have zero development experience so I don't know how easy it is to make the ROM S-OFF but if you can do that (or tell us how to do it) it seems like installing gApps would be relatively straightforward and remove a significant headache.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm having lock issues very regularly. Tablet goes in lock-mode but i can't get it out of it anymore. Only solution is to reset it then.

I'm thinking of going back to the stock-rom until there is a stable market-version of a custom rom for the 10b.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I installed it on 10b and a couple of things :

- external usb sticks not working
- my pc does not mount neither internal memory nor sd card...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

pablormago wrote:
I installed it on 10b and a couple of things :

- external usb sticks not working
- my pc does not mount neither internal memory nor sd card...

1. Tablet isn't intended to work with usb-sticks; it's eg intended to connect a keyboard to it.
2. That's one of the disadvantages: you need a full reboot before the pc recognizes your sdcard.

Yesterday i managed to get back to the stock rom through the program RKAndroidDM, by first restoring the tablet to the kasty version (2.2 custom firmware) and then back to the stock rom.

But because of some video playback stuff working better on the cyogenmod (mvideoplayer + emit) i decided to flash back to this one. The firmware sux for alot of things, but it's far better for video playback.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Wich version of flash works with arnova 10b, i have tried 2 and none of them works??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

pablormago wrote:
Wich version of flash works with arnova 10b, i have tried 2 and none of them works??

I've tried a few as well, none work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

CPU settings in cyanogen mod settings fc's everytime. would REALLY love to overclock this processor so it will ACTUALLY perform.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Arnova 10 BRICK
Ok, so I jumped into this tablet knowing nothing and now it is a mess. First I installed the system by birdie something, then I saw the latest and greatest using Cyan... something so I loaded that. NOW I cannot get it past the log into Google page no matter what I do. I have poked the reset a million times-nothing. I have tried different methods to unbrick-nothing. When I plug in the usb cord to any of my home computers it isn't recognized-please, please help.
So now the Cyan.. loads but the screen is not calibrated right and you cant do anything.

Kristie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Kristie_L Use the original update.img and RKAndroidBatchUpgrade to return to original rom. Honestly I recommend you my 2.2 rom, but anyway this is how you do it:
1. Start RKAndroidBatchUpgrade
2. Upload firmware that you already download it - update.img or this : http://www.mediafire.com/?rq7va9dcw5s23dp
3. Shutdown your tablet, without being plugged in for charging
4. Press Volume Up and insert usb cable, the first rectangle should be green now
5. Press Update and wait until is finished!
That`s it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Where is this RKAndroidBatchUpgrade ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I hope it is ok, here you have the link : READ ALL :D
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/21867-r ... ntry230811.
You will find everything there, just be patient!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Is there anywhere I can send this thing to get it fixed-apparently I am too challenged to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK, let me try again. After downloading the Cyanogen Mod 7 my Arnova 10 thinks its a phone. It only will work if I plug in the power cord. It opens to the home screen; I unlock it and then I can do nothing else because the calibration is so far off it doesnt work. I can't turn it off to try and install anything. I don't know what to do. Does anyone want to try and fix it???? :roll: