Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Since Amazon give us free P&Z game on their appstore, I downloaded but it not work, when it enterd loading screen then auto closing to homescreen.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

me too. Can install, cannot play.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:01 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Same here. Boooooooo.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:13 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Playing fine on my 70.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Marcus,

Are you running stock Archos Android or Uruk? If Uruk, did you change the swap or compcache settings at all? Any thoughts on why your game might be running and ours not?

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Running UrukDroid 1.0 with the 1.1b3 update. Don't have my Archos with me at the moment but I left all the settings in the uruk config at the default. I have not tried the game in stock yet. I'll try at lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I got an Archos 101 8gb. I got it to work by doing the following:

1. Freed up about 232+ mb of my system storage (had to backup the .apk files using App 2 SD and uninstalled almost all apps I had). I can install them later when needed anyway. Basically only PVZ and the launcher are the installed apps.
2. I used VTL Launcher. I'm not sure if Zeam launcher will also work. (Lesser home screen pages and widgets/icons probably affected memory. The stock launcher did not work for me.)
3. Closed all other apps (except the launcher) in System Monitor to free memory.
4. Removed the live wallpaper.

Sometimes it still closes during the loading after the Popcap logo. But, most of the time it proceeds if you just remeber to clear up the running apps except the launcher using system monitor.

I already reached the night levels now.

ARCHOS should really increase the 250mb system storage limit. Is it that hard for them to just change this parameter in the firmware? Also probably have more support for memory swap file options to handle more memory. I bet a lot of people are pissed of that PVZ won't run. ARCHOS FIRMWARE DEVS, PLEASE FIX THIS. IF POSSIBLE, IN THE NEXT FIRMWARE UPDATE.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:13 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

kitts-archos wrote:
1. Freed up about 232+ mb of my system storage (had to backup the .apk files using App 2 SD and uninstalled almost all apps I had). I can install them later when needed anyway. Basically only PVZ and the launcher are the installed apps.
2. I used VTL Launcher. I'm not sure if Zeam launcher will also work. (Lesser home screen pages and widgets/icons probably affected memory. The stock launcher did not work for me.)
3. Closed all other apps (except the launcher) in System Monitor to free memory.
4. Removed the live wallpaper.

Those sound like they could be possible causes for people having trouble with this game.
1. I have UrukDroid installed so I have plenty of system storage so this may be the case with people having issues.
2. I am using Zeam launcher, so stock launcher may be issue as well.
3. I did not use system monitor or any other memory manager, Not sure if I have swap or compcache enabled
4. I never use live wallpaper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I got to work on my 70IT by using color note to type in my name then copy and pasting it to the profile input screen.

I basically have a standard updated 70IT 8Gb with no live wallpaper running and Google market updates.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

working for me on archos 43IT 2.3.26, I had to hit the power button then turn it back on so the keyboard to type in a username would pop up, weird.