Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Input lag on emulators?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After app-killing, I'll run nesoid, snesoid, etc. and find that, as long as I keep moving, the virtual gamepad works fine, but if I stop and then move again, then there is an almost one second lag before it recognizes my movements. In RPGs that's no problem, but in Zelda it's enough to get you killed. XP Does anyone else out there experience this issue? Are there any workarounds? And if not, does anyone know of a Bluetooth gamepad that works really well?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:10 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

darkomen1110 wrote:
After app-killing, I'll run nesoid, snesoid, etc. and find that, as long as I keep moving, the virtual gamepad works fine, but if I stop and then move again, then there is an almost one second lag before it recognizes my movements. In RPGs that's no problem, but in Zelda it's enough to get you killed. XP Does anyone else out there experience this issue? Are there any workarounds? And if not, does anyone know of a Bluetooth gamepad that works really well?

That's a strange one.

What launcher do you use and do you have a lot of widgets on that launchers homepages?
Do you have wifi turned on?

It seems that the app-killing is probably causing this some of the apps are probably restarting in the background giving a lag have you tried this without killing the apps?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm using the standard launcher with no widgets.

I turned off wifi, killed Auto Memory Manager, and tried again. Same results. I tried changing the power management from overdrive to optimal, which lagged the game and made the input problem worse--it would actually do things for buttons I didn't push. :doubt:

As long as it recognizes a button being pressed, it continues to recognize subsequent button presses. However, if a direction is pressed, then released, then another button (including the same direction) is immediately pressed, it has about a second lag before it is recognized.

My theory is that a signal is sent to the emulator when a button is unpressed, which must be interpreted before it can process the next signal request, thus forcing a lag. Though I found the same problem with Tiger emulators, so unless they interpret signals the same way...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:55 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

darkomen1110 wrote:
I'm using the standard launcher with no widgets.

I turned off wifi, killed Auto Memory Manager, and tried again. Same results. I tried changing the power management from overdrive to optimal, which lagged the game and made the input problem worse--it would actually do things for buttons I didn't push. :doubt:

As long as it recognizes a button being pressed, it continues to recognize subsequent button presses. However, if a direction is pressed, then released, then another button (including the same direction) is immediately pressed, it has about a second lag before it is recognized.

My theory is that a signal is sent to the emulator when a button is unpressed, which must be interpreted before it can process the next signal request, thus forcing a lag. Though I found the same problem with Tiger emulators, so unless they interpret signals the same way...

Sorry I misunderstood your moving stuff I thought you where moving the tablet about so the accelerometer would come into play.

It seems there is a problem with the emulator or even the game you play I suggest you file a bug report with the creator of the emulator.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK, will do. Thanks for the advice :)