Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Anyone tried Zenonia??
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I there, i got Zenonia, a really cool rpg "classic zelda like" game and the first thing i noticed is the performance, a bit laggy and most of all there no sounds effects, only music?
Anybody tried it? That's the way this game works on Archos devices? or it's just me?

*Is weird that nobody talked about this game in this forum :D

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:20 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I have! Until the previous firmware update the game had horrible, unplayable lag. Then the game updated and sound effects kick in randomly, but the game is playable.

Also noticed the "floaty orbs" effect on the title screen disappears once the screen adjusts due to the soft buttons, which also hide the pause/submenu in game, but it can still be accessed if you touch the area next to the search soft button...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:12 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Tried playing this game ... installed the .apk ... force closes at start .... reinstalled ... still wont work

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I've gotten Zonia2 to run after seeing a comment here that after the first FC it runs. Sure enough that's what happened for me. Crashed the first time but ran OK every time after. Haven't tried the original v1 version. Perhaps it behaves the same way?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:00 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Zenonia 2 worked for me, although it does not scale appropriately on my 101 because of the menu buttons. May work in full-screen. Overall, it was playable but the touch controls were a bit off making for a less smooth experience. (something that I continually find with games that don't scale properly due to the menu buttons) However, I think this game may work best on an a70. This game was definitely made for the small screen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Zenonia 2 works wonderfully on the Archos 28, if you can deal with the small menus. The D-Pad and Circle can be enlarged and it's way easier to use.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:51 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ImSoFLyy wrote:
Tried playing this game ... installed the .apk ... force closes at start .... reinstalled ... still wont work

Well I was talking about the first one ... so maybe the first one is unplayable on the archos and the second one is ... usually the other way around

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:41 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

zenonia plays just fine on my 101... barring some minute sound issues

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:57 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ImSoFLyy wrote:
ImSoFLyy wrote:

Well I was talking about the first one ... so maybe the first one is unplayable on the archos and the second one is ... usually the other way around

seems to work after FW update

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I started to play Zenonia 2. Call me crazy but I couldn't get into it. I think I quit playing it somewhere in the Frosty Dungeon. Ran fine on my A70, though.