Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am getting very tired of buying or installing games on my 101 only to find that they either require additional content to be installed that can't be (Gameloft) or just don't work at all or very well. Can anyone tell me if you know of any high quality 3D games that work on the device and if so, where did you get them?

Thanks and happy holidays

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:25 pm 

I'm not game saavy and not even sure how 3d you have to be to be called 3d. But some free examples that I like better than the stock roadracer game is Waverunner lite (boat racing on rivers, not waves) and something like Spartan Hero (that was noted in a101 forum as having a free download) and many of the flight simulators (search in archos market 3d section or google mkt)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

aTilt 3D Labyrinth
Tux Rider

Both free in the Market

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yea both those games should work

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:20 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Rocket bunnies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:18 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Pocket Legends works great. Unfortunately, Need For Speed Shift doesn't work, it says it needs to download additional data, but it won't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

There are ways to get NFS Shift and Gameloft games working on the 101. You will need to find specific versions and files though. Most of these titles need to be installed and then the content installed in internal memory. If you do a search on these forums you can see some talk about it. Also, Google is your friend with this kind of thing.

I currently have NFS Shift, Hero of Sparta and Dungeon Hunter working on the 101.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:24 am 
Archos User
Archos User

blazingwolf wrote:
There are ways to get NFS Shift and Gameloft games working on the 101. You will need to find specific versions and files though. Most of these titles need to be installed and then the content installed in internal memory. If you do a search on these forums you can see some talk about it. Also, Google is your friend with this kind of thing.

I currently have NFS Shift, Hero of Sparta and Dungeon Hunter working on the 101.

You're right, I searched and found this.

For those of you that want to figure out how to get this to work, but can barely read the instructions on the link in the thread, you have to
1. Unzip the download
2. Put both the Android folder and the .apk on the root of your internal memory, accepting any copy/replace prompts
3. Install the game, and don't open it.
4. Mount your memory to your computer again, and go through the folder Android<data<com.ideaworks3d.nfsshift
5. Delete the files folder
6. Copy the files folder you originally downloaded and paste it back into the com.ideaworks3d.nfsshift folder
7. When you start the game, it will be in German. To get to English, when at the main menu, tap the wrench, then the right arrow, then tap the icon with the accented e and Asian text symbol, then use the arrows to get to English, then tap on the word.
Then the game will work!

Last edited by hurrpancakes on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Except for the game being in German, your instructions worked flawlessly. Thanks. Any way to get the game back in English?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:00 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

gadgetguy wrote:
Except for the game being in German, your instructions worked flawlessly. Thanks. Any way to get the game back in English?

I completely forgot about that

To get back to english, when you get to the main menu, tap the wrench, go to the right, and tap on the icon with the accented e and asian text symbol, then just scroll through to english. I'll add that to the instructions

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It works great on A5IT with 2.0.38 fw. Thanks a lot friends ... I was throwing my nervs on that game from two days ... Miracles happend on NEW YEAR :) :) :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:10 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Has anyone successfully run Let's Golf 2? I got it installed but it stuck in downloading screen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So far i have gotten these 3D Games to run right on the Archos 101.

Cordy
Crusade of Destiny
Hawx
Heavy Gunner
NFS Shift
Raging Thunder 1&2
plus a few other racing games available on the market.

Their is also a plethora of older games that have been ported to run. As well as a number of emulators(nes, snes, psx, n64, etc) that run relatively well, some games better than others. The performance is improving as the programmers refine them. Hopefully programmers will get the ability to program a little closer to the metal in future versions of android. It would really help unleash the potential of the new graphics processors and increase peformance. It really helps to have the wiimote app and the classic controller hooked up to play them.

So far Hawx is the only Gamesloft game that i have gotten to work correctly. Most have scaling problems, which shouldn't be a problem on the 70. Plus they make it a pain to get them.

I have found that most games on the market run perfectly.

The cpu in the gen8 products is shared my a number of mobile products on the market(droid x, droid 2 global, lg optimas, the upcoming X2, etc. I have found that it helps to look for drivers and game versions designed to work with similiar chip sets.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Games that work for me on A101IT:
- Air Attack HD Parts 1 & 2 (Full)
- aTilt 3D Labyrinth Free Version 1.4.6
- Break the Bricks Version 1.5 (a.k.a. - Javanoid)
- Drag Racing Version 1.0.7
- NESoid, Snes 9X EX, and Gensoid + all the games I have for each emulator
- Guerilla Bob Version 1.2.1 (Full)
- 9 innings: Pro Baseball 2011 Version 1.1.2 (Full)/ A full-fledge baseball game with MLB style home run derby too.
- Armageddon Squadron Version 1.0.7 (Full)/ WWII Fighter pilot-type game like Ace Combat but not as good & uses G Sensor.
- Backbreaker Football: Tackle Alley Version 1.3.5 (Full)/ Juke 'em while you run with the football type of game & uses G Sensor.
- Battleship Version 2.0b (Full)/ a.k.a. The original Battleship game fom when you were a kid.
- Last Stand Version 1.0.2 (Full)/ Zombie shooter game.
- Raging Thunder 2 Version 1.0.8 (Full)
- Tank Hero Version 1.3.3 (Free)
- Tiki Golf 3D Version 2.5 (Full)/ You play putt-putt golf as a live-animated, human-sized Tiki man.
- Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus Version 3.3.0
- Dungeon Hunter I Version 3.5.5

Games that do not work:
- Homerun Battle 3D (Device not compatible)
- Shadow Guardian (Device not compatible)
- Splinter Cell Conviction HD All Versions (Device not compatible)
- Assassin's Creed Version 3.9.6, Also tried Altair's Chronicles and that didn't work either.
- Dungeon Hunter 2 HD
- Street Fighter II
- Asphalt 6

Other list of games here: (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=893218)