Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix App
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I registered here just to say that I have successfully gotten Netflix running on the Archos 32. I tried both the "device check disabled" and modified apks (2nd and 3rd ones down in the xda-developers forum) and had to uninstall them both after the first unsuccessful attempts, which gave me the error everybody else was getting. I'm nearly certain that the device check disabled one was the one that actually worked for me in the end. I already had flash 10.3 installed and (I'm pretty sure) rebooted after installing the Netflix app. I'm watching Top Gear as I write this. :) I didn't have to fool with any text config files, either. I'm sure that Netflix will open this up to more devices really soon - it works amazingly.

EDIT: I don't know if it matters, but I use Netflix Canada.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:19 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

ponghclub wrote:
just installed netflix app in my archos70 and it work perfect....you guy are great....thank you. ;)

Glad it's working, but don't thank just us, we're just the messengers. :)

Quote:
p.s just one more question...is it wise to root this device?what is urukdroid?

http://code.google.com/p/urukdroid/wiki/WhatIsUruk

Quote:
anyway it is working perfect now. thanks.

If it ain't broke, then don't fix it ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Whoopi! Mine is working too. Mine was not working Sunday after I installed the skip check apk. After Grog said he was using the same apk as I on Monday I tried it again and it works... The only thing I can think of is I powered off Sunday night. So maybe after installation a reboot is required.
Like someone said this together with Blackberry tethering this makes my A70 250 the best internet tablet I can get.

Thanks everyone

Howie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Mine didn't require a reboot to start up but it did to see video. I could only hear the audio.

Works great, hopefully they don't nerf it.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:52 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Works perfect, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:23 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was able to download a version from http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/26/netflix-removes-device-check-should-work-on-all-android-devices/ that worked. It claims that it is a copy of the most recent market version and that the device check has been removed.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:26 am 

Updated the original post, thanks johannz.

Post subject: Netflix Opens it's app
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:03 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Looks like Netflix, has removed the hardware check on its app. So now you can install it on any android device and see if it will work. They also increased the number of officially supported devices from 5 to 8. Saw this this morning and and tested it out. Worked on my archos 43, and had no problems getting it from the official Android Market.

http://www.techspot.com/news/43978-netf ... vices.html

Just thought that I would share the news.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 pm 

Updated original post (on top) with the direct link to new build. Unmodified official version.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:29 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

With netflex working flowlessly on my archos70....now i have a problem with 'switch to tv' app. It is not UI friendly. Are there any app out there that do abetter job than the one i've mention. Archos should be shame... :oops:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:53 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just downloaded the app and it works perfect. Thanks for your hard work. Now if I could just use it as a SIP phone.

Another Happy Camper,
Merritt Island, Florida
:D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Hey, this just stopped working for me.

I get a message saying there is an upgrade and I must upgrade to continue. Anyone else having this issue?

Update: On XDA, a post says Netflix dropped the lockouts... I'l try the update from the market and repost.

Update: My A70 can't find the Market app, so it's still locked and un-supported.

Update: Side loaded app from
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/26/ne ... id-devices

but it won't install. Seems this app is still locked and needs work for Archos users.

Update: Side loaded the new version of the app (link above) and had to delete the old version before installing the new app. Now it's working.

@Harfainx: :-# Sorry, frustrated and got carried away.

Last edited by Harfainx on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please just language that is acceptable for everyone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I know this is not an archos issue, but when I downloaded the apk from the direct link and tried it on my Eris I get a "there is a problem parsing the package" error-
I have also tried this on another HTC phone, an Inspire and I got the same issue.

ASTRO says cannot open as an apk.

Any ideas would be great!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just installed the .apk in the first post update to my 101 and my HTC Thunderbolt and they both worked flawlessly.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:09 am 
Archos User
Archos User

@dlarkin_dc

thank you ;)

FYI....is this apk work all android device or just archos?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

the newest link to the supposed "unmodified" version of the Netflix app absolutely will not work on my 101 8GB.

I've removed and reinstalled it 5 times, cleared all the devices out of my Netflix account, and I get the same error message every time:

"Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit netflix.com. (1011)

I get this on my Archos 101 and my HTC Evo Shift with the latest version of the app

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:15 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

ponghclub wrote:
@dlarkin_dc

thank you ;)

FYI....is this apk work all android device or just archos?

Just on my Archos A70, it's the only Android device I have :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:20 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

chinmas wrote:
the newest link to the supposed "unmodified" version of the Netflix app absolutely will not work on my 101 8GB.

I've removed and reinstalled it 5 times, cleared all the devices out of my Netflix account, and I get the same error message every time:

"Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit netflix.com. (1011)

I get this on my Archos 101 and my HTC Evo Shift with the latest version of the app

Maybe, if you haven't tried already, clear the app data and cache before deleting then re-sideload the version 2.

In all my wrangling I might have done that so forgotten to include that as a step.

It could be connection, ethernet or wireless, problem. I think the app often wants a connection when not streaming.

But that it is on both devices makes me wonder... do the both have the same memory manager, antivirus, firewall or some other utility that could be interfering?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:10 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mine worked previously, then stopped. i kept getting the message to check for an update--but there appeared not to be one.

i uninstalled that version, installed the 1.2.1 version, and my 70 is streaming Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam as i type this.

i dropped 1.2.1 into Dropbox from my desktop and downloaded it from Dropbox to my 70.

good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:21 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Had to sideload the app on both my A70 and A32. Thanks to dlarkin_dc for the link. I could not get it from the Market at all on the A70 and it tried to load from the Market on the A32 but was unsuccessful. A simple un-install of the original working app before installing the update was required for a successful install. I wish Netflix (or who-ever is responsible) would just make this app "simply" available especially for us paying customers. It is GREAT how well it works and really is nice on the A70. I put it on the A32 just for fun but its neat it works there too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next