Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix App
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:21 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

so you are able to browse your queue in landscape? and able to watch video in portrait? I can do neither without this change. Maybe you got hold of an apk someone else already fixed this in?

as to the HOWTO:
Find a windows app call APK Edit. Install it.
Open the netflix APK in APK Edit
Go to the Browse and find a file called AndroidManifest.xml
right click, edit the file in a text editor(recommend notepad++), then save
Click Appply/OK in APK Edit.
your apk is now modiied
unistall old app
install new APK

but again maybe someone already did this is some version of the APK.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Unlocked Netflix app with device heck removed! Works great on smartphones and....Gen8 tablets!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... ostcount=1

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:16 pm 

Chris-pee wrote:
Unlocked Netflix app with device heck removed! Works great on smartphones and....Gen8 tablets!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... ostcount=1

Already posted, and in this same thread... Did you read this thread?
Sorry to sound rude, but come on, it's like 16 posts above yours.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

not rooted, running Flash 10.3 and netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk--

it can be spotty but i'm running Netflix on my 43 and 70--neither are rooted.

sometimes i get the Netflix loading screen as the movie starts and i only get audio, other times it freezes on a black screen.

but most times, it does work with no problem.

i have best results if i'm patient--you may have to wait a second or two longer for the screen to respond.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:51 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

so they apparently have some check for networking being 3g or wifi as it gives me that error whenever I an tethered to my droid x over BT. Guess I'll try ripping the apk apart again and see if I can find the code that does this.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a Archos 101 with stock OS and Adobe Flash 10.3, I'd initially problem with the Netflix app it said that my device is not supported. But when I uninstalled and installed the new app with the device check disabled it really work like a charm I hardly see any lag in performance. Initially the resolution was chirpy but it gets better by the day.

This is cool dude, this app just makes my Archos complete, now I can stop looking for another tablet.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

That's what I said no looking for another table. I was considering the Xoom and wishing I would of waited for one with better specs. But now I can surf the web fine do email play my scrabble games stream my music with Audio Galaxy and now Netflix which works good for me too. So I am good now. I was debating on selling my tablet and laptop which I never use anymore for a newer tablet but I am good now. Nice to have forums to go to find out info.

dubukdevil wrote:
I have a Archos 101 with stock OS and Adobe Flash 10.3, I'd initially problem with the Netflix app it said that my device is not supported. But when I uninstalled and installed the new app with the device check disabled it really work like a charm I hardly see any lag in performance. Initially the resolution was chirpy but it gets better by the day.

This is cool dude, this app just makes my Archos complete, now I can stop looking for another tablet.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:03 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

confirmed for Canada
the 'no device check' one works on my 101

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Anyone have a back of the mind fear the no device check may go away in the future as Netflix updates their app? I know we wouldn't have to update ours, but it would be easy for them to check and see which version we are running. I guess it just depends on if Netflix really does want to limit the devices that can use it, or if they want to make a show that they are limiting them for the power players in the DRM arena....

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:54 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

gte105u wrote:
Anyone have a back of the mind fear the no device check may go away in the future as Netflix updates their app? I know we wouldn't have to update ours, but it would be easy for them to check and see which version we are running. I guess it just depends on if Netflix really does want to limit the devices that can use it, or if they want to make a show that they are limiting them for the power players in the DRM arena....

The app could report the devices, and Netflix probably could, then block us in a blink of an eye.

As we are field testing the app on new devices Netflix owes us!

What grounds would Netflix have for locking us out, we pay our fees?

As for DRM, skipping Silverlight for unDRM on Android is a significant change for Netflix. They must have figured out how to make more money with this new distribution channel.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:14 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

dlarkin_dc wrote:
gte105u wrote:

The app could report the devices, and Netflix probably could, then block us in a blink of an eye.

As we are field testing the app on new devices Netflix owes us!

What grounds would Netflix have for locking us out, we pay our fees?

As for DRM, skipping Silverlight for unDRM on Android is a significant change for Netflix. They must have figured out how to make more money with this new distribution channel.

The app definitely knows the device you're using it on. Mine showed up in my device list on the website.
You're right though, they wouldn't block it, if we're a paying member.
I'd imagine they are only restricting devices because they think the software isn't quite ready.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Downloaded netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk to PC - Moved to Dropbox - downloaded from Dropbox to my Archos 70 -
Installed apk - logged on to Netflix (email/PW) - BINGO!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I side loaded the one without the device check. It installs, but no matter how many times I try my correct email/PW "times out" each time. (70, 250GB)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Lancewex wrote:
I side loaded the one without the device check. It installs, but no matter how many times I try my correct email/PW "times out" each time. (70, 250GB)

By any chance you are from Canada? I am in Canada and I am getting the same time out message. I believe the App logs into netflix.com not netflix.ca
Anyone has a work around?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

DigitPalm wrote:
Lancewex wrote:

By any chance you are from Canada? I am in Canada and I am getting the same time out message. I believe the App logs into netflix.com not netflix.ca

Works fine for this Canadian :)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Grog,

Mine is A70 250 what is yours? Do you have to root your device? I am newbie so I won't be able and I dare not doing that. Did you do anything special other than downloading the apk?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:39 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

DigitPalm wrote:
Hi Grog,

Mine is A70 250 what is yours? Do you have to root your device? I am newbie so I won't be able and I dare not doing that. Did you do anything special other than downloading the apk?
Thanks!

Hi DigitPalm. A70S here & while it is rooted with urukdoid, I used the same apk as you. As well there are other Canuck successes reported over in the xda forum that aren't rooted, so can't be a glitch.

Did you have any other Netflix apk's loaded first? Make sure to uninstall them first, start from stratch.

HTH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

DigitPalm wrote:

I am in the U.S., Tx.
UPDATE: it finally allowed me to log in. Works pretty well. Does it only let you see your instant queue? I can't seem to find the regular queue.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:22 am 
Archos User
Archos User

just installed netflix app in my archos70 and it work perfect....you guy are great....thank you. ;)

p.s just one more question...is it wise to root this device?what is urukdroid?anyway it is working perfect now. thanks.

Last edited by ponghclub on Tue May 24, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

dubukdevil wrote:
This is cool dude, this app just makes my Archos complete...

I couldn't agree more!

A5IT 32GB | A101 16GB

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next