Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I didn't really want to root but I'm out of app space and there's more apps I want. I already had to delete some because my calendar wouldn't sync with the low memory message.

Now for the question: which method? I've read a bunch but I'm still confused some what. I don't do a lot of fancy stuff. I need more app space and I want to be able to use Titanium backup because I'm tired of loosing my app data if I have to wipe. I use Wifi at home and hot spots and I have a hard drive directly connected to my home router that we use for movies and music that I need to be able to access. I am running firmware 2.3.81 and its stable except for sometimes not coming back on from sleep forcing a reboot.

As I understand (and please correct any misconceptions) there are 3 methods:
Archangel - a temp root, lost at reboot although can be set up to redo. The last script I can find only go to firmware 2.1.08
:?: Are there newer ones? If so could I use this to temp root, use Titanium backup and then do one of the other methods and then reinstall my apps and data?

Chulri I think this is based on stock. The old info I found about it said that it can't modify app space but I think that's not true any more and Halifainx's instructions tell how to do it without wiping. This is based on the stock firmware.

Urukdroid Another method but is a custom firmware.
:?: If I use this will I have to wipe my apps?

I guess I'm lost on how to between Chulri and Urukdroid. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:04 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I rooted my Archos 70IT using the method and firmwares from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=930197