Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

We are using the A43 as the platform for a product we are selling. I would like to make and application that does some of the functionality of the Startup Wizard. Is the source code to this app available somewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 pm 

I think the startup wizard is an Archos proprietary app. You would have to contact them directly about getting the source for it, but I doubt that they will release that, as it's a part of their own build.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Maybe there is something standard they are doing that someone here could help me with.

We are installing applications in production and then shipping them out. We tried ADB, but it just wasn't reliable for high quantity production.

If we put APK files in the .system/APK folder and then mark the startup wizard to run on next reboot, then install 3rd party apps this works.

The down side to this is we have to go through the screen calibration, cancel the wizard, mount, copy our APK files to .system/apk then go to settings, turn the startup wizard back on and reboot.

Then you have to do the screen cal again, go through the wizard and choose to install 3rd party apps.

It takes a while.

Can anyone tell me how the startup wizard installs all the third party app WITHOUT requiring user input on each app?

I wrote an small app that just did the whole Intent to open the APK files, but it requires user interaction to perform the installs. If I could install our apps the quick non-interactive way the startup wizard does, that is really all I need.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was also going through the logs of the startup process and noticed this line:

INFO/ActivityManager(1308): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.archos.startupwizard/.Welcome }

Maybe I can just start the startup wizard without a reboot?

Can someone tell me how to start the above Intent? What exactly does my Intent intent = new Intent need to look like to get the above results?

I tried creating an intent by simply using the package name of "com.archos.startupwizard", but it couldn't find the activity. I used startActivity with the intent.

Thanks...