Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello- anyone with this issue? It downloads fine, but when trying to open, it displays the angry bird screen and says it's loading, but then kicks it back to the main Archos screen. I've updated the firmware, updated applib, checked for angry bird updates, uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted, and various combinations. I've spoken to their tech support twice, and could not resolve it, but tech said some of them had it working. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm having the same problem and have also tried all 3 versions of it (the seasons one said it was also supported) they all crash at the loading screen without errors. Also it seems anything remotely CPU intensive just shuts off such as the youtube app that doesn't work very well either

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

edison400 wrote:
[....] Also it seems anything remotely CPU intensive just shuts off such as the youtube app that doesn't work very well either

It is not "cpu intensive" that is the problem.
Archos made a device with too little memory. When the operating system cannot satisfy a memory request, it goes "splat".
Angry Birds is not really the best example. Try visiting some web pages which use a bit of javascript. Install the flash application and try absolutely any page that uses flash (flash.com is the simplest example).

In desperation, use the "monitor" app which is one of the standard applications and kill off absolutely every service. It tells you how much memory is available. Then try your program like Angry Birds.

The sad thing is, you cannot increase the swap space - maybe apps that would need to swap would run too slowly.

I guess archos knew this when they sold the device. They cannot claim to be surprised "oh merd, il ne functioniert pas!".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have done the stop all programs fomr the system monitor but i only have 36-40 mb free memory, and it still doesnt work, however i did get fruit ninja, netflex to work after that.