Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Bought the 28 for my son for Christmas and he was excited to download some apps, etc. With the initial firmware the device came with, I was able to connect to our home network via WiFi. Did the firmware upgrade to 2.0.71 and now cannot connect to the network at all. I put in the correct password, the device states authenticating, but then stays disconnected. It goes through this connecting, authenticating, disconnecting cycle endlessly and is never connected. I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems or if there is any help out there? I am using WPA2-Personal security type and TKIP encryption type. I have also tried AES encryption type. He loves the device, just wishes he could download some games, etc in addition to his music. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Try disabling powersave mode. That should help strengthen the connection. You do it by pressing on the router you want to connect to and hold down on it. When the popup window appears scroll down and check "disable powersave". It helped my connection. Also be sure not to cover the lower right hand corner as that is where the wifi antenna is located.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I have the same setup and no probs, I like the previous posts advice. Let us know if you get it working.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks guys! Took your advice and disabled powersave. Then had to "forget" my router, then set it up on the Archos again, and "Presto!" it started working. I appreciate all the help!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

im having the same problem and i tried the above comment ..did not work

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:18 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Alisonraylene wrote:
im having the same problem and i tried the above comment ..did not work

Maybe you should try to isolate the problem. Go to your router/WLAN box and turn off all encryption and authorisation. Don't do your internet banking during this time if such things worry you.
If you can, check that a laptop or some other device connects with no authorisation.
Now, can the archos connect ?

Normally, you would not expect this to be the problem, since WEP/WPA/WPA2 are so standardised and work for so many people.

Turn security back on when you are finished experimenting.
I take it, you have no problems with signal strength.