Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My archos internal storage memory is almost full, I can not update any applications and also the device is slow because of that. I have an external micro sd card 16gb that has a free space of 15GB

I tried to move applications to my sd card,however i noticed that only 5-6 applications are on the internal memory and these applications do not require a lot of space.

How can i free memory from my device? any suggestions-guides?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 pm 

Yes, this is addressed in a sticky topic in the general g8 area... something about one way to speed up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Apps that are stored on internal storage now seem to not like updating, i have to manually put them on system storage update then transfer them back to internal. Archos need to issue some of these problems us G8 device owners are having and provide support via regular firmware updates, seems that we have been forgotten now the G9 is selling.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:34 am 

My app updates work fine with stuff pushed to sd. I used to have trouble so i check to see if they have moved and sometimes reboot after a multi update. But no more problem here... maybe because i maintain 60mb free, even if i have to delete an app due to new updates being bigger.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When you using apps, they will generate a lot of data and that's why your internal space have become full. The following are 4 methods to free up Android phone internal storage:

Method 1: Migrate phone data to PC
Apps generate lots of data when you using them. So it's suggested to migrate some old data to PC and thus free up internal storage. Android Transfer is a best tool for you. Get one from RecoveryAndroid.

Method 2: Clear App cache
Apps will also generate cache data, so you should clear them regularly. Go to Settings > Application Manager, then tap the three vertical dots to choose “Sort by Size” and you will see that the largest file will be listed at the first place. Click one app and clear its cache.

Method 3: Uninstall Apps seldom used
It's also a perfect way to uninstall apps seldom used on your device as they will occupy internal space.

Method 4: Root the Device
Last but not least, try rooting your phone. There're mass of unnecessary pre-install apps on a mobile and rooting can help you remove them, thus free up a lot of space. Note that this way is not suggested if you aren't familiar with mobile. Sometimes you will have the device bricked.

That's all the methods. Hope they will make a difference.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:59 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

greypeter wrote:
When you using apps, they will generate a lot of data and that's why your internal space have become full. The following are 4 methods to free up Android phone internal storage[/url]:

Method 1: Migrate phone data to PC
Apps generate lots of data when you using them. So it's suggested to migrate some old data to PC and thus free up internal storage. Android Transfer is a best tool for you. Get one from RecoveryAndroid.

Method 2: Clear App cache
Apps will also generate cache data, so you should clear them regularly. Go to Settings > Application Manager, then tap the three vertical dots to choose “Sort by Size” and you will see that the largest file will be listed at the first place. Click one app and clear its cache.

Method 3: Uninstall Apps seldom used
It's also a perfect way to uninstall apps seldom used on your device as they will occupy internal space.

Method 4: Root the Device
Last but not least, try rooting your phone. There're mass of unnecessary pre-install apps on a mobile and rooting can help you remove them, thus free up a lot of space. Note that this way is not suggested if you aren't familiar with mobile. Sometimes you will have the device bricked.

That's all the methods. Hope they will make a difference.

Use Android Mobile Cleaner tool, that you can free your space and speed up your device.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

To free internal storage on archos 101, you can use android data eraser app for help. It allows us delete unwanted files from it to free up space on it.